• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

I've been meaning to ask this ever since I was in college :) What, if any, are the legal regulations in having one's signature changed legally? Are there any laws about this or on prohibiting this? If so, what specific provisions must be observed when changing your own signature (e.g. do we need to notify govt. agencies and banks)? (I'm a guy, by the way, so I don't think I'm covered by any legal provisions covering a woman's change of name/signature because of marriage ;) )

Note that for this question, there is no intent to defraud or to forge another person's signature or identity. I just thought of asking because, at one point in time, my sister and I (when we were both students) discovered that we had identical signatures (because we also share the same name-initials) and later agreed that we should both change it to avoid further confusion (actually, I took the initiative, somewhat...it was made possible when my own student ID was lost, which gave me the opportunity to update my signature).

Edited by mamangkantutero

what i meant was that baka kasi sa articles of cooperation o by-laws ay officer siya ng cooperative, hindi lang basta-bastang employee. which could mean that the 2-year continuous service you mentioned is not applicable to her, dahil yun ay para sa ordinaryong employee lang

appointed nga po but after two years wala na binigay na notice of appointment sa kanya.. (pls see the first paragraph)
Edited by rocco69

If a female law student had an affair with a married man and they had a child, can the wife file a complaint to prevent the law student from taking the bar or does the wife have to wait for the student to be a lawyer before she files the complaint? Does she also have to include her husband in the complaint even if they've already made peace with each other?

Edited by Arneeious

can the wife file a complaint to prevent the law student from taking the bar? YES

Does she also have to include her husband in the complaint? is the husband taking the bar? if not, no need to include.

If a female law student had an affair with a married man and they had a child, can the wife file a complaint to prevent the law student from taking the bar or does the wife have to wait for the student to be a lawyer before she files the complaint? Does she also have to include her husband in the complaint even if they've already made peace with each other?

What are the legal dangers of buying and selling second hand cars in a private sale? What documents should you have? I'm thinking original OR/CR, absolute deed of sale, properly notarized, proof of sellers identity. What is the procedure to then to register the car in my own name? Again I'm thinking I go to the original LTO with all the paperwork and do it there. And what is the tactic for buying a second-hand car with a plan to sell it on to a third party without first transferring the registration into my own name?

Atty's, need enlightenment please re: civil marriage.

My brother has a gf who is 3 mos pregnant and they want to get married soon on a civil rites without her parents consent considering that she is a chinese while he is a pure Filipino. She is also an INC at 23 y/o while he is a Catholic at 32 y/o. Is it true that only a birth certificate from the civil registrar and 2 witnesses are required to have the civil wedding solemnized legally? Can a lawyer (a friend of mine) exercise the civil wedding? How about a mayor? Kindly share your experiences and other requirements that is necessary?

Thanks in advance, Sir.

I've been meaning to ask this ever since I was in college :) What, if any, are the legal regulations in having one's signature changed legally? Are there any laws about this or on prohibiting this? If so, what specific provisions must be observed when changing your own signature (e.g. do we need to notify govt. agencies and banks)? (I'm a guy, by the way, so I don't think I'm covered by any legal provisions covering a woman's change of name/signature because of marriage ;) )

Note that for this question, there is no intent to defraud or to forge another person's signature or identity. I just thought of asking because, at one point in time, my sister and I (when we were both students) discovered that we had identical signatures (because we also share the same name-initials) and later agreed that we should both change it to avoid further confusion (actually, I took the initiative, somewhat...it was made possible when my own student ID was lost, which gave me the opportunity to update my signature).

There is no such thing as a legal change in signature. You simply have to update it wherein your signature is required to be checked for comparison, like your bank accounts.

My brother has a gf who is 3 mos pregnant and they want to get married soon on a civil rites without her parents consent considering that she is a chinese while he is a pure Filipino. She is also an INC at 23 y/o while he is a Catholic at 32 y/o. Is it true that only a birth certificate from the civil registrar and 2 witnesses are required to have the civil wedding solemnized legally? Can a lawyer (a friend of mine) exercise the civil wedding? How about a mayor? Kindly share your experiences and other requirements that is necessary?

Thanks in advance, Sir.

Based on my experience => at their age, no parent consent is required since they are already at legal age (knows what is right and wrong). Not only birth certificate is required for a civil wedding, the following docs must be accomplished:

1. the birth certificate must be authenticated (from NSO - East Avenue);

2. the guy must submit a certification of no marriage (also, from NSO - East Avenue);

3. the couple must attend seminar on marriage counseling (reproductive health / family planning);

After the docs have been submitted to civil register to the municipal where the residence of girl located, civil register will assign a judge to preform the civil wedding.

Mayor can also preform the civil wedding but I highly recommended Judge will preform the civil wedding. Mostly documentations problem arose if the Mayor preform the civil wedding. Also, the office of the Judge will take care of the process of marriage contract, you have to do is to follow up it at the civil register after 1 week from the date of wedding.

I hope I inform u accordingly...

Thanks in advance, Sir.

There is no need to obtain the parents' signatures because both parties are over the age of 21. For the civil wedding to be valid, the couple must give their consent to being married, an authorized solemnizing officer, and a marriage license. (Family Code). Like what Ninong2 said, a mayor may conduct the ceremony within his territorial jurisdiction.

There are no laws (that I'm aware of) that regulate a person changing his signature. You can change your signature and even use multiple signatures provided these signatures can be proven to be yours. The practical problem is when you have to prove that the two different signatures are those of the same person, such as when you transact with banks. As long as the signature you are using is similar to that in your government issued ID then there's no problem.

• Like (+1) 1

tanong lang po....nagsubscribe ako sa smartbro for 1 year...tapos sa hindi inaasahan yung computer shop ko sa bulacan ay nadamage sa ondoy last sept 2009....then, sumulat ako sa smartbro for cancelation of my subscription kaso ang sabi hindi raw pwede...ngayon...nagsend sa akin letter ang attorney legal firm nila asking me to pay 11,878 for 1year...so hindi ko naman nagamit...3 mos lang

sabi sa akin ng friends ko...pabayaan ko lang raw. same lang eto sa credit card ....wala naman nakukulong....so ang concerned ko lang...baka ifile nila sa nbi clearance or police clearance yung kaso ko....at hindi ako makapag-abroad ulit....makakagawa ba nila eto? may powers ba sila gawin yun?

Please Help..