• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Hello Gideon:

You have to understand that a credit card application does not depend on whether your applications with other credit card companies were approved or not prior to your subject application. It really depends on the assessments made by the credit card company to which you are applying, if they think that there is a risk factor so that they cannot afford to give you their credit card. Owning a lot of cards may be one of those since they might have perceived that you have too much credit already.

They did not reveal to you the reason because it may be company policy not to reveal their assessment procedure. Its their credit card after all, and they will be the one extending you the credit...or not.

If you just want to collect the card, probably you can deposit a certain amount equivalent to the credit limit of the card you want, and then communicate your real intention to the bank manager, maybe that'll work.

Hope I helped

Pa sawsaw sir legalavatar....

Either that or change your citizenship to American and divorce your present wife. In that way you'll be covered by American Law not Philippine Law, that is if you're staying in the States for good or for a long time. Just remember though Philippine Laws will not recognize your divorce, and here in the PI you'll will stay married to your wife.

Pasawsaw din...

You can also change your religion to one which allows more than one wife.

Good day po sa inyo: I have a friend who is involved in a very sizable amount of value being victimized by an estafador in his area. He Lost 2 cars considered to be his property. The case in now pending in the courts of Quezon City. The guy is indigent. Meaning he has no cash to maintain a decently good barrister to defend his complaint. May I inquire from the group any suggestions as to how he can manage his case. The other is if he wishes to get legal assistance as complainant, where or what institution can he go to. Are there any available legal orgs that would take the case pro bono or with minimum charges... The only deal he can offer at the moment is if he wins he will give a sizable amount to his barrister. The negotiations on this are up to him and the lawyer. Wala na ako dito. I just wana help the guy. Hope to get some replies on this. Thank you in advance.

Edited by sleep_heavy
Good day po sa inyo: I have a friend who is involved in a very sizable amount of value being victimized by an estafador in his area. He Lost 2 cars considered to be his property. The case in now pending in the courts of Quezon City. The guy is indigent. Meaning he has no cash to maintain a decently good barrister to defend his complaint. May I inquire from the group any suggestions as to how he can manage his case. The other is if he wishes to get legal assistance as complainant, where or what institution can he go to. Are there any available legal orgs that would take the case pro bono or with minimum charges... The only deal he can offer at the moment is if he wins he will give a sizable amount to his barrister. The negotiations on this are up to him and the lawyer. Wala na ako dito. I just wana help the guy. Hope to get some replies on this. Thank you in advance.

Try the UP Office of Legal Aid at the UP College of Law.

Hello Gideon:

You have to understand that a credit card application does not depend on whether your applications with other credit card companies were approved or not prior to your subject application. It really depends on the assessments made by the credit card company to which you are applying, if they think that there is a risk factor so that they cannot afford to give you their credit card. Owning a lot of cards may be one of those since they might have perceived that you have too much credit already.

They did not reveal to you the reason because it may be company policy not to reveal their assessment procedure. Its their credit card after all, and they will be the one extending you the credit...or not.

If you just want to collect the card, probably you can deposit a certain amount equivalent to the credit limit of the card you want, and then communicate your real intention to the bank manager, maybe that'll work.

Hope I helped

But the funny thing is that "hindi ko binanggit" sa application that I have that much number of cards. I indicated that it was my 1ST card.

Hmmm... The deposit thing will be tricky since I just want to have the BPO as a spare card.

Pasawsaw din...

You can also change your religion to one which allows more than one wife.

if your spouse does not change religion with you, you are still governed by the Civil Code (Family Code actually), hence it should follow that you still cannot marry more than one person.

we have this singaporean expat. he's pissing me off to the limits. he doesn't have permit to work here that's why he need to go out of the country every 2 weeks. he's not paying tax here. what pissed me off is... he's treating Filipinos unjustly. he's an illegal alien and he must not treat Filipinos that way. i want him out of this country. he doesn't have any right to treat my co-employee that way. anybody here who knows somebody from immigration to whom i can report this illegal alien?

Sis i have so many friend in BID even the Comm is a friend of mine. just pm me and I,ll refer you to the right person

But the funny thing is that "hindi ko binanggit" sa application that I have that much number of cards. I indicated that it was my 1ST card.

Hmmm... The deposit thing will be tricky since I just want to have the BPO as a spare card.

Well that may be one of the problem too, they might have detected that you already have several cards but you did not disclose it. Maybe that is why you were denied. With the available technology and systems nowadays these informations can be easily obtained.

Your first post stated you are a card collector, not a credit collector, hence the suggestion that you make the deposit to get the card. If you want the credit that goes with the card, then indeed your situation seems untenable.

Well that may be one of the problem too, they might have detected that you already have several cards but you did not disclose it. Maybe that is why you were denied. With the available technology and systems nowadays these informations can be easily obtained.

Your first post stated you are a card collector, not a credit collector, hence the suggestion that you make the deposit to get the card. If you want the credit that goes with the card, then indeed your situation seems untenable.

Ok, maybe BPO knows how to see the data of a persons credit card from another company. That's possible.

But, I have a good credit standing.

Baka nga natakot or something yung BPO. <_<

let me add that credit card rejections are also brought by your profession. banks have a negative list. lawyers, judges, justices, schools, priests and members of the religious order are in a negative list, as my banker tells me. i do not have the full list so go check with your banker. they also have difficulty acquiring loans... the reason why is of course obvious.

so your failure to indicate the existence of your other credit cards, in addition to numerous other factors could possibly a culprit for the denial.

cheers