• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

she used to work in a call center

the scam was about incentives, specifically referral incentives (sort of like a member get member thing for credit cards) she didn't say how it worked.

what does she need to do to prepare/protect herself.

aside from the claim of the other person involved, there's nothing to link her to the scam. The money is nowhere, she says she doesn't have any bank accounts, the money she got is gone in other words.

thanks grimace

she used to work in a call center

the scam was about incentives, specifically referral incentives (sort of like a member get member thing for credit cards) she didn't say how it worked.

what does she need to do to prepare/protect herself.

aside from the claim of the other person involved, there's nothing to link her to the scam. The money is nowhere, she says she doesn't have any bank accounts, the money she got is gone in other words.

thanks grimace

Scam on referral incentives? How can that be a scam? If money was diverted from the proper recipients, then only those "deprived" can file a complaint.

To protect herself, make her write a "story" of all the events that transpired. Prepare all the documentation mentioned in her story. If she didn't benefit (money received), then it should be a problem. If she knew what was going on, then it is up to the accuser to prove conspiracy (which is hard).

Good evening po sa inyong lahat :)

Can our lawyer friends in MTC, give some legal advice please,

I was approached by a friend and told me this story..

There was a mother with a one year old son, the mother trying to earn a living by selling food in a turo-turo

One day there was a group of drunk men who went to the store, there was a heated argument regarding the ownership/ rights to operate the store.

The mother was stabbed, was taken to a private hospital and given a 50-50 chance to survive. The mother survived

but was not able to pay the more or less 50 thousand hospital bill. The management/owner of the hospital took his son

as a guarantee, .. that she would be forced to pay. Now 2 months passed, the poor woman, still not able to see his son. She is even not allowed to visit. She is now working as a housemaid.

My friend is a neighbor of this mother.

The questions...

1-Is this legal...the hospital keeping the boy, to force the mother to pay?

2- What can the mother do to gain immediate custody of her son?

If she goes to the police, is ther a chance the boy could be released immediately?

Is there any office or organization which can offer free services to help the poor woman?

Edited by hari ng sablay
question guys! i corrupted my xp when i closed my cpu while it was shutting down. now whenever i boot up my desktop, it goes to a loop. restarting always.

i tried opening via safe mode but still its looping. i booted via my OS thru my cd rom. i tried booting to c prompt, same thing happened. i need help.

Have you tried booting your XP installer CD and choosing recovery mode? Try doing a checkdisk operation there on your C: drive. If it still doesn't fix it, a format may be the only way to "restore" your computer. :headsetsmiley:

THE ANSWER IS YES :)

??? :blink:

according to the law one of the restricted/prohibited items for import is:

quoted from: http://www.philexport.ph/philippines.html

but with the sites heading (Doing Business in the Philippines) it seems this is limited only to corporations or business. is it?

i'm asking because i'm planning to order internationally adult materials. for personal use of course. :D

i'm i covered by this law or any other laws? tnx. :)

i know this is silly but could any lawyer give me a legal advise? tnx.

Hi there. I would just like to consult the bright minds of MTC. A friend of my mine got married last year. He's 22 and the girl's 21 at the time of their civil marriage. Unfortunately, things didn't work out for the two of them. They were hitched in one of those secret marriage type of establishments in Q.C. According to him, the one who conducted the ceremony is different from the one who signed the marriage contract. And as far as he knows, the one who signed was a lawyer. As far as I can recall, only a member of judiciary or a mayor could solemnize civil marriages. Also, the information in the marriage contract were false and invalid. He was given a false address in the contract so that they could have the wedding in Q.C. The names of the witnesses in the contract were not the ones who were actually present, thus, they forged the signatures. More importantly, the parental consent for the girl was forged as well as the parental advice of my friend. Also, they did not co-habit. He checked with the NSO and their marriage is recorded there. What he'd like to know is if the marriage was null and void from the start given the invalid data and forged signatures in the contract and consent? If it is, what does he need to do? If its not, does he have legal/technical grounds to file a petition for annullment? He's also wondering how much it would cost to file for an annullment. Thanks in advance.

Good evening po sa inyong lahat :)

Can our lawyer friends in MTC, give some legal advice please,

I was approached by a friend and told me this story..

There was a mother with a one year old son, the mother trying to earn a living by selling food in a turo-turo

One day there was a group of drunk men who went to the store, there was a heated argument regarding the ownership/ rights to operate the store.

The mother was stabbed, was taken to a private hospital and given a 50-50 chance to survive. The mother survived

but was not able to pay the more or less 50 thousand hospital bill. The management/owner of the hospital took his son

as a guarantee, .. that she would be forced to pay. Now 2 months passed, the poor woman, still not able to see his son. She is even not allowed to visit. She is now working as a housemaid.

My friend is a neighbor of this mother.

The questions...

1-Is this legal...the hospital keeping the boy, to force the mother to pay?

2- What can the mother do to gain immediate custody of her son?

If she goes to the police, is ther a chance the boy could be released immediately?

Is there any office or organization which can offer free services to help the poor woman?

Bawal yan. Sumbong nyo na agad sa pulis or kay Tulfo, he he :hypocritesmiley: Pwede rin kay Senator Lim, he has a radio show sa DZMM around 12 to 1:30 pm ata :rolleyes:

most probably, somebody already changed the email addy of your friendster account bro. wala ka ng chance marecover yan.

Problem is im at home lang me lang gumagamit pc.

Baka na keylog ako. Anyway naalala ko lang na wala naman ako important info or pics dun na bura ko.

Tapos la din ako contact info dun. Good thing. Let hope for the best.

Badtrip .

Hi there. I would just like to consult the bright minds of MTC. A friend of my mine got married last year. He's 22 and the girl's 21 at the time of their civil marriage. Unfortunately, things didn't work out for the two of them. They were hitched in one of those secret marriage type of establishments in Q.C. According to him, the one who conducted the ceremony is different from the one who signed the marriage contract. And as far as he knows, the one who signed was a lawyer. As far as I can recall, only a member of judiciary or a mayor could solemnize civil marriages. Also, the information in the marriage contract were false and invalid. He was given a false address in the contract so that they could have the wedding in Q.C. The names of the witnesses in the contract were not the ones who were actually present, thus, they forged the signatures. More importantly, the parental consent for the girl was forged as well as the parental advice of my friend. Also, they did not co-habit. He checked with the NSO and their marriage is recorded there. What he'd like to know is if the marriage was null and void from the start given the invalid data and forged signatures in the contract and consent? If it is, what does he need to do? If its not, does he have legal/technical grounds to file a petition for annullment? He's also wondering how much it would cost to file for an annullment. Thanks in advance.

The marriage would be void if he can prove that the person who conducted the ceremony had no authority and they knew he had no authority. However, I would say the person who solemnized the marriage is authorized as a "minister of a religious group" authorized to solemnize marriage. And realistically speaking, they are going to find it difficult, if not impossible, to prove that the person solemnizing had no authority or that he was not the one who signed the contract.

If there really was no parental consent, the marriage is annullable (valid until annulled) but it is the girl (assuming she was below 21 at the time of the marriage) who can file for an annulment. Note that this can also subject your friend to criminal charges of falsification (as the girl will, of course, claim it was his idea to forge the signatures).

NOTA BENE: I am confused though why the girl would need parental consent if she was already 21 then (only persons below 21 need consent). If he was 22 and she 21, even if they forged the parental advice or there was no parental advice, the marriage would still be valid (as they no longer needed consent).

My advice would be to check whether really they had a marriage license. Check the marriage license (you can see what Civil Registrar issued the same and the license no. in the certificate of marriage) to see if it exists. If it doesn't exist, it's void from the beginning.

Otherwise, he will be limited to psychological incapacity as a ground for annulment (your friend's wallet will be in a world of hurt if so)