Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Hi there. I would just like to consult the bright minds of MTC. A friend of my mine got married last year. He's 22 and the girl's 21 at the time of their civil marriage. Unfortunately, things didn't work out for the two of them. They were hitched in one of those secret marriage type of establishments in Q.C. According to him, the one who conducted the ceremony is different from the one who signed the marriage contract. And as far as he knows, the one who signed was a lawyer. As far as I can recall, only a member of judiciary or a mayor could solemnize civil marriages. Also, the information in the marriage contract were false and invalid. He was given a false address in the contract so that they could have the wedding in Q.C. The names of the witnesses in the contract were not the ones who were actually present, thus, they forged the signatures. More importantly, the parental consent for the girl was forged as well as the parental advice of my friend. Also, they did not co-habit. He checked with the NSO and their marriage is recorded there. What he'd like to know is if the marriage was null and void from the start given the invalid data and forged signatures in the contract and consent? If it is, what does he need to do? If its not, does he have legal/technical grounds to file a petition for annullment? He's also wondering how much it would cost to file for an annullment. Thanks in advance.

Good evening po sa inyong lahat :)

Can our lawyer friends in MTC, give some legal advice please,

I was approached by a friend and told me this story..

There was a mother with a one year old son, the mother trying to earn a living by selling food in a turo-turo

One day there was a group of drunk men who went to the store, there was a heated argument regarding the ownership/ rights to operate the store.

The mother was stabbed, was taken to a private hospital and given a 50-50 chance to survive. The mother survived

but was not able to pay the more or less 50 thousand hospital bill. The management/owner of the hospital took his son

as a guarantee, .. that she would be forced to pay. Now 2 months passed, the poor woman, still not able to see his son. She is even not allowed to visit. She is now working as a housemaid.

My friend is a neighbor of this mother.

The questions...

1-Is this legal...the hospital keeping the boy, to force the mother to pay?

2- What can the mother do to gain immediate custody of her son?

If she goes to the police, is ther a chance the boy could be released immediately?

Is there any office or organization which can offer free services to help the poor woman?

Bawal yan. Sumbong nyo na agad sa pulis or kay Tulfo, he he :hypocritesmiley: Pwede rin kay Senator Lim, he has a radio show sa DZMM around 12 to 1:30 pm ata :rolleyes:

most probably, somebody already changed the email addy of your friendster account bro. wala ka ng chance marecover yan.

Problem is im at home lang me lang gumagamit pc.

Baka na keylog ako. Anyway naalala ko lang na wala naman ako important info or pics dun na bura ko.

Tapos la din ako contact info dun. Good thing. Let hope for the best.

Badtrip .

Hi there. I would just like to consult the bright minds of MTC. A friend of my mine got married last year. He's 22 and the girl's 21 at the time of their civil marriage. Unfortunately, things didn't work out for the two of them. They were hitched in one of those secret marriage type of establishments in Q.C. According to him, the one who conducted the ceremony is different from the one who signed the marriage contract. And as far as he knows, the one who signed was a lawyer. As far as I can recall, only a member of judiciary or a mayor could solemnize civil marriages. Also, the information in the marriage contract were false and invalid. He was given a false address in the contract so that they could have the wedding in Q.C. The names of the witnesses in the contract were not the ones who were actually present, thus, they forged the signatures. More importantly, the parental consent for the girl was forged as well as the parental advice of my friend. Also, they did not co-habit. He checked with the NSO and their marriage is recorded there. What he'd like to know is if the marriage was null and void from the start given the invalid data and forged signatures in the contract and consent? If it is, what does he need to do? If its not, does he have legal/technical grounds to file a petition for annullment? He's also wondering how much it would cost to file for an annullment. Thanks in advance.

The marriage would be void if he can prove that the person who conducted the ceremony had no authority and they knew he had no authority. However, I would say the person who solemnized the marriage is authorized as a "minister of a religious group" authorized to solemnize marriage. And realistically speaking, they are going to find it difficult, if not impossible, to prove that the person solemnizing had no authority or that he was not the one who signed the contract.

If there really was no parental consent, the marriage is annullable (valid until annulled) but it is the girl (assuming she was below 21 at the time of the marriage) who can file for an annulment. Note that this can also subject your friend to criminal charges of falsification (as the girl will, of course, claim it was his idea to forge the signatures).

NOTA BENE: I am confused though why the girl would need parental consent if she was already 21 then (only persons below 21 need consent). If he was 22 and she 21, even if they forged the parental advice or there was no parental advice, the marriage would still be valid (as they no longer needed consent).

My advice would be to check whether really they had a marriage license. Check the marriage license (you can see what Civil Registrar issued the same and the license no. in the certificate of marriage) to see if it exists. If it doesn't exist, it's void from the beginning.

Otherwise, he will be limited to psychological incapacity as a ground for annulment (your friend's wallet will be in a world of hurt if so)

Have you tried booting your XP installer CD and choosing recovery mode? Try doing a checkdisk operation there on your C: drive. If it still doesn't fix it, a format may be the only way to "restore" your computer.

i'd like to see at least a c prompt. so i can make necessary formats. but changing my boot sequence to the XP CD still gives me looping patterns. it does warm reboots after i see the XP logo. any help would be appreciated.

i was thinking of getting my f***ing hardrive with xp installled and connect it with other running PC and have it formatted. have 2 drives installed and partitioned into 4.

gud day sirs. i have just recently installed XPservice pack2 on my computer, it automatically checked for updates, i tried installing all updates that they recommended. after doing this, i have noticed an error with my MY COMPUTER Explorer. this shows everytime i tried accessing the local drives. :blink:

is this a virus? pls help. AVG Free Edition 7.5.446 cant detect any virus. :cry:

post-15252-1174724204.jpg

post-15252-1174724222.jpg

i'd like to see at least a c prompt. so i can make necessary formats. but changing my boot sequence to the XP CD still gives me looping patterns. it does warm reboots after i see the XP logo. any help would be appreciated.

i was thinking of getting my f***ing hardrive with xp installled and connect it with other running PC and have it formatted. have 2 drives installed and partitioned into 4.

Is the installation screen even showing when you try booting to your XP CD? Based from your description, your CD isn't booting at all...are you sure it's bootable? If not, find a bootable XP install CD and try booting from there. Once you choose the repair option (not the one on the first screen...), it will show a command prompt where you can issue a chkdsk command on your C: drive. :headsetsmiley:

gud day sirs. i have just recently installed XPservice pack2 on my computer, it automatically checked for updates, i tried installing all updates that they recommended. after doing this, i have noticed an error with my MY COMPUTER Explorer. this shows everytime i tried accessing the local drives. :blink:

is this a virus? pls help. AVG Free Edition 7.5.446 cant detect any virus. :cry:

It's a virus. I found this on a blog:

"Hello im Dragantra creator of TAGA LIPA ARE! virus...Its a virus but it

gives no harm to your computer. anyway...to delete the virus you need to disable

the "Hide Protected Operating System Files" in your Windows Explorer folder

options (TOOLS > FOLDER OPTIONS > VIEW). Search the file name

FS6519.dll.vbs (THE VIRUS) in your hard drive or just to make sure in your My

Computer then delete the file. Note: On searching make sure you activated

"Search Hidden Files and Folders" on more advance options. If one of

"FS6519.dll.vbs" failed to delete run the Task Manager by holding

CTRL+ALT+DELETE then on the process area find "WSCRIPT" then end this process,

you can now delete the file "FS6519.dll.vbs" and "Autorun.inf" contaning text

(shellexecute=wscript.exe FS6519.dll.vbs). Then to get rid of the word "TAGA

LIPA ARE!" on your internet Explorer go to your windows registry (START > RUN

- then type regedit)Search the word "TAGA LIPA ARE!" and "FS6519" in the

following registry location

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOT\WINDOWS\

CURRENTVERSION\RUN\FS6519.dll.vbs"

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\

INTERNET EXPLORER\MAIN\WindowTitle"

right click and delete, never try to rename the window title just delete

it.. Your done.!

I don't know if it will work though so try at your own risk. :headsetsmiley:

sir....my windows media player updated automatically on line last week.this morning,i wanted to view some videos of mine.....and it does'nt play!the others played but no sound....why is it like that?and what should i do about that?...please help!

sir what version are you currently using? have you tried using system restore.

am in the market for a laptop.

with so many brands out there with different specs am having a hard time. Dont want 2nd hand kasi the last time eh nasira agad after 6 months.

am a gamer. use it alot in school also

thanks

how much is your budget??? :hypocritesmiley:

i dont think your system is booting using the cd, you can go to the bios page and change the boot sequence there.

(forceboot)

Is the installation screen even showing when you try booting to your XP CD? Based from your description, your CD isn't booting at all...are you sure it's bootable? If not, find a bootable XP install CD and try booting from there. Once you choose the repair option (not the one on the first screen...), it will show a command prompt where you can issue a chkdsk command on your C: drive. :headsetsmiley:

It's a virus. I found this on a blog:

I don't know if it will work though so try at your own risk. :headsetsmiley:

nice one sir 'R@v3n' :cool:

NOTA BENE: I am confused though why the girl would need parental consent if she was already 21 then (only persons below 21 need consent). If he was 22 and she 21, even if they forged the parental advice or there was no parental advice, the marriage would still be valid (as they no longer needed consent).

just a comment, i got married at 21 and was required to have parental consent.

care to shed light on this issue?

Its a malacious program. anyway here's how I dealt with it.

Before anything else, create a restore point.

1. Update AVG

2. Go to Control Panel - Folder Options - View tab and check "show hidden files and folders"; uncheck "hide file extensions of known file types and hide protected operating system".

3. Click ok.

4. Reboot to safe mode by pressing F8 during bios loading.

5. Log on to administrator account or any account that has administrator rights.

6. Select yes when a prompt about using system restore appears.

7. Run Virus scan

8. Explore each drive and look for a .ini file just located at the primary directory

9. Open the .ini file with notepad and you will see a string like xxxxxxx xxxxxxx F:xxxxx.vbs. ( I forgot the actual string).

10. Delete this file and do the same for your other drives.

11. Reboot normally.

--- if avg does not sterilized it try kaspersky. This was what I used to neutralize it.

just a comment, i got married at 21 and was required to have parental consent.

care to shed light on this issue?

This is probably what you were asked for:

Art. 62. Males above twenty but under twenty-five years of age, or females above eighteen but under twenty-three years of age, shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage shall not take place till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application for marriage license. A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought, together with the written advice given, if any, shall accompany the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn declaration.

Edited by Dr_PepPeR
This is probably what you were asked for:

Art. 62. Males above twenty but under twenty-five years of age, or females above eighteen but under twenty-three years of age, shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage shall not take place till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application for marriage license. A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought, together with the written advice given, if any, shall accompany the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn declaration.

i see. thanks dr pepper!

Dahil naghulog ka ng lampas dalawang taon, ayun sa batas, merong kang 60 na araw mula sa due date para magbayad, kung hindi, may karapatan na ang bangko na kanselahin ang bentahan. Sa panlasa ko, base sa kwento mo, lampas 60 araw na mula sa due date ay hindi ka pa nakabayad, kaya may karapatan ang bangko na kanselahin na ang kontrata.

Pero, ayun na rin sa batas, magkakabisa lang ang pagkakansela kung ang pagbibigay alam ng bangko sa iyo tungkol dito ay sa pamamagitan ng notaryadong dokumento, at kailangan din isoli sa iyo ang 50% ng naihulog mo. Habang hindi nila nagagawa ito, walang bisa ang pagkakansela ng bentahan. Kung ayaw mo nang maghabol sa lupa, puntahan mo ang Aisatrust at hingin ang 50% ng iyong naihulog. Kung hindi nila ibibigay, pwede kang lumapit sa abogado para magawa ang demand letter para maisoli sa iyo ang 50% ng naihulog mo.

Kung gusto mo pang habulin ang lupa, kausapin mo rin ang Asiatrust kung pwedeng marestructure ang loan mo. Otherwise, kakailanganin mo ring lumapit sa abugado.

Sir,

Is this law applicable if the property was loaned from PagIBIG Fund? The TCT is under my name and yet Im still paying it to PagIBIG.

Edited by TMX_626