Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

can anybody help me with this provlem? my explorer hangs, when i click a url link, my explorer hangs, ang upon checking the task manager, the cpu usage rises to 100%, so i have to restart the computer again, i downloaded all the windows update, i scaned the computer for virus and spyware (there was none), i even defraged my drive. thanks

People's Law Enforcement Bureau...i think...quasi-judicial body in the city or municipality which handles complaints against erring policemen...

To apprise you, the following arte the provisons on the Rules of Court:

Sec. 5. Arrest without warrant; when lawful. – A peace officer or a private person may, without a warrant, arrest a person:

[a] When, in his presence, the person to be arrested has committed, is actually committing, or is attempting to commit an offense;

When an offense has just been committed and he has probable cause to believe based on personal knowledge of facts or circumstances that the person to be arrested has committed it; and

[c] When the person to be arrested is a prisoner who has escaped from a penal establishment or place where he is serving final judgment or is temporarily confined while his case is pending, or has escaped while being transferred from one confinement to another.

There is a treasure trove on jurisprudence on the matter.I would suggest you keep the above in mind and if a particular situation occurs, consult formally with counsel.

I hope this helps.

[/size]

hi po, question lang po, dun sa "b" ng section 5 u just quoted. hindi ba it makes all arrests without a warant legal? kasi if the cops suspect you, they have "probable cause to believe based on personal knowledge of facts or circumstances that the person to be arrested has committed it"? or if they really don't, they can always claim they have d b? o mali lang ang intindi ko? sana lawyer ako huhuhu

check this out guys!!!!

http://www.vaosoft.com

22/09/2005 CubControl Internet Cafe Software for free !

You can get full ClubControl Platinum 4.0 for free!

It is not a demo version, it is complete version, including:

• Fiscal accounts

• Full Internet control

• Absolute client computers security

• Unlimited client computer quantity

• No functional limitations

• No hidden payments

• Full technical support

• Free updates for one year

All you have to do to get it is to place ten links to our site www.vaosoft.com on any internet forums and catalogs. Then, after you show us those links we will send you free ClubControl Platinum with unlimited key.

check this out guys!!!!

http://www.vaosoft.com

22/09/2005 CubControl Internet Cafe Software for free !

You can get full ClubControl Platinum 4.0 for free!

It is not a demo version, it is complete version, including:

• Fiscal accounts

• Full Internet control

• Absolute client computers security

• Unlimited client computer quantity

• No functional limitations

• No hidden payments

• Full technical support

• Free updates for one year

All you have to do to get it is to place ten links to our site www.vaosoft.com on any internet forums and catalogs. Then, after you show us those links we will send you free ClubControl Platinum with unlimited key.

may spyware ito.. better stay away from this..

hi po, question lang po, dun sa "b" ng section 5 u just quoted. hindi ba it makes all arrests without a warant legal? kasi if the cops suspect you, they have "probable cause to believe based on personal knowledge of facts or circumstances that the person to be arrested has committed it"? or if they really don't, they can always claim they have d b? o mali lang ang intindi ko? sana lawyer ako huhuhu

The phrase probable cause has quite a technical meaning in law and is not to be taken in its general signification.

Probable cause is defined as "an actual belief or reasonable grounds of suspicion. The grounds of suspicion are reasonable when, in the absence of actual belief of the arresting officers, the suspicion that the person to be arrested is probably guilty of committing the offense, is based on actual facts, i.e., supported by circumstances sufficiently strong in themselves to create the probable cause of guilt of the person to be arrested. A reasonable suspicion therefore must be founded on probable cause, coupled with good faith of the peace officers making the arrest".

Even if the cops claim "reliable information" which is often their modus operandi, the Supreme Court held in People vs Tudtud, "The long-standing rule in this jurisdiction, applied with a great degree of consistency, is that “reliable information” alone is not sufficient to justify a warrantless arrest under Section 5 (a), Rule 113. The rule requires, in addition, that the accused perform some overt act that would indicate that he “has committed, is actually committing, or is attempting to commit an offense.”

Aside from the required existence of facts that would lead to probable cause, the arresting officers must have personal knowledge of such facts. Hindi pwede yung narinig lang nila o sinabi lang sa kanila ng isang witness. An exception, as ruled by the Supreme Court recently, is where the time of the arrest and the time of the crime are not so far removed from each other and the witnesses pointed to the suspects as the perpetrators of the crime.

got a question for all you lawyers out there....

Are there other charges that I could file? What if I ask other customers who also bought the card and file a class suit? Will my chances of winning increase?

Hope you can enlighten me on this case as I've already had it with the owner of this joint.

you have the option to file a complint with the DTI under the Consumer Act of the Philippines. I dont have the exact provision, but there are both criiminal and civil remedies, plus administrative sanctions available.

hello to all all lawyers, I would like to ask for advice regarding renta law. May renter kasi kami at 3 months ko ng di nakikita at di pa nakakabayad. pinuntahan ko sa bahay kaso putol na ang kuryente at tubig. Pinagtanong ko sa kapitbahay mga isang buwan ng wala. Ngayon nakausap ko yung kapatid nagpunta daw sa province at may inasikaso, pero yung gamit anduon pa sa loob ng bahay. Ano kaya ang remedy ko duon. Ala pa kaming contract kasi panay paliban din nung lawyer na pinagawan ko at wala rin akong time pumunta duon kasi ang layo para sa akin . Yung bahay e nakapangalan sa kapatid ko at binigyan lang ako ng power of attorney na mamahala. Pwede ko bang buksan yung bahay at ipagbili yung mga gamit nila o kailangan puntahan ko muna yung bgy captain para samahan niya akong inventory yung gamit duon. Iniisip ko naman baka mamaya mademanda pa ako ng trespassing. Pls pm if you can help me , it would be greatly appreciated.

before filing of the suit for unlawful detainer, you need to go to the barangay where the the house being rented is located...yes you need to serve a demand letter upon the person...how does one serve it, then the rules of court apply but personal service must be effected first, before substituted service...once the barangay issues certificate that there was an attempt at conciliation, but no compromise was acceptable... after the issuance of the certification, then file your unlawful detainer case attaching said certification...you need the bgy cert before the court can acquire jurisdiction on the matter...

i hope this helps...

HELP!  :cry:

I can no longer access my old XP (user) documents after i re-install my windows XP.  :grr: 

pls. someone help me, i really need those documents. 

TY

What do you mean exactly when you say "can't access"? Are the files/folders still there but you get a notification that the files cannot be accessed or are the files/folders missing?

lastikboy,

Go to c:\documents and settings folder and check if there are other profiles there aside from the one that you are currently using. Drill down until you find your files.

One extra note ... you can only do that if you have adminitrative privileges. If you use the NTFS file system , which is default in windows XP, you can't access other profiles, unless you're an administrator.

il_jr, trebbie and valjean,

Thanks for your help, comments and suggestions.  What appears in the shares option is exactly as you described it, "C$".  Granting that the share option is only that (meaning "C$" only) but without administrator status, does this mean they can still see our files?

What you said about downloading software being restricted is also correct.  I guess we need to talk to our boss and have our pc's set up in a way that IT can not see our files.  To be doubly sure, we need to encrypt the files just as you guys suggested.  Thanks again guys.

Its almost impossible to deny administrators access to your files ... if they don't have it, they can just take control of your files and get it. Those are the basic principles of being an administrator, the ability to take control and get anything, anywhere on a system or network. Without those rights an administrator wouldn't be of any value.

What you want is to protect the data inside files. You either have to chose a file format that has a good file password protection (Microsoft Word for example has that, but the protection is rather weak) or encrypt the whole file.

Yes they can with a remote software like RAdmin. Im not sure if Win2K has an embedded Remote software like XP though.

Remote software is not embedded in windows 2000 like in XP. But you don't need remote desktop software to gain access to the file system or services on a pc. If you have administrative privileges you can just gain access directly to the file system without the need for remote desktop software like RAdmin, or remote desktop like in XP. You can't perform all tasks without those tools but you can still get a lot of access without them.

Its almost impossible to deny administrators access to your files ... if they don't have it, they can just take control of your files and get it. Those are the basic principles of being an administrator, the ability to take control and get anything, anywhere on a system or network. Without those rights an administrator wouldn't be of any value.

What you want is to protect the data inside files. You either have to chose a file format that has a good file password protection (Microsoft Word for example has that, but the protection is rather weak) or encrypt the whole file.

theres alwasy "security through obscurity"

hehehe..

rename your folders to say.. "MSconfig" or common-files

or system3Z, this way you elude the admin!!

hehehe..

ooppss..tinuturuan ko kayo.. hehehe.. :rolleyes:

The phrase probable cause has quite a technical meaning in law and is not to be taken in its general signification.....

.....Aside from the required existence of facts that would lead to probable cause, the arresting officers must have personal knowledge of such facts. Hindi pwede yung narinig lang nila o sinabi lang sa kanila ng isang witness. An exception, as ruled by the Supreme Court recently, is where the time of the arrest and the time of the crime are not so far removed from each other and the witnesses pointed to the suspects as the perpetrators of the crime.

hi! thanks for the reply, im curious about law and im glad there are a couple of MTC'ers who are well versed in it. they say ignorance of the law does not justify breaking it, but if they just made the law easier to understand, it wouldn't be so bad.

may mga tanong pa ko ha sa hinaharap ha, hehehe :lol:

gling nyo talaga, thanks guys :cool: :mtc: :cool:

meron bang may alam na magaling maghandle ng mga petition cases for us immigrant visa?

Michael Garfinkel pina ka visible dyan dahil mashowbiz. May show sa ANC Sunday mornings.

Huwag kang pumunta kay Atty. Garfinkel mataas sumingil yan, malakas tumaga yan.

Kung ang petitioner mo nasa States dapat siya ang kumuha U.S. immigration lawyer, sabihin mo lang sa petitioner mo magbasa sya ng Pilipino newspaper, free naman ang mga iyon sa mga groceries , maraming advertisement doon o kaya sa mga telephone directory or yellow pages.

Kung ikaw ang beneficiary na nasa Pilipinas di mo na kailangan ang immigration lawyer dyan kasi ang lawyer na ng petitioner mo ang lalakad at bahala sa lahat, pati na yun mga papeles para dyan sa Manila U.S. Embassy.

Actually magbasa ka lang ang immigration requirements and procedures sa website ng www.USCIS.gov kuha mo na lahat ang kailangan tungkul sa U.S. immigration. Usually kasi mga para-legal personel lang ang nag-a-handle o gumagawa ng documentations nyan at saka lang bibigay sa lawyer kung may problema na mabigat, othewise, madali lang naman yan basta kumpleto ang mga papeles mo at U.S. citizen ang petitioner mo.

Edited by Bill Lomita

before filing of the suit for unlawful detainer, you need to go to the barangay where the the house being rented is located...yes you need to serve a demand letter upon the person...how does one serve it, then the rules of court apply but personal service must be effected first, before substituted service...once the barangay issues certificate that there was an attempt at conciliation, but no compromise was acceptable... after the issuance of the certification, then file your unlawful detainer case attaching said certification...you need the bgy cert before the court can acquire jurisdiction on the matter...

i hope this helps...

Since you seem bent on being technical about it, you might have forgotten to remind him that he needs to have his complaint verified. :)