• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

My mom's in need of a lawyer, she has a hearing set on Jan. 31 and we still have no lawyer. We approached some lawyers even my Tito who's a lawyer to help us for our "Petition for Preliminary Investigation" but all of them are asking for a P50K or P25k acceptance fee and every hearing we will pay 4k. As much as we wanted to have a lawyer we can't afford the expensive fee. Please help us find a good lawyer who's not that expensive. We're thinking of having PAO instead but we doubt if they can help us at all. Thanks.

Kailangan malaman muna ano nangyari sa kaso nong dinemanda sya ng 2006. Yang ba binabangit na 2009 na utang na 300K pano nadetermine yan amount na yan, sa decision ba ng korte o may compromise agreement? Ano ang nakalagay sa kaayusan nila, malamang kasi hinde naman papayag banko sa verbal agreement lang.

Sir Redax,

Walang nangyari sa kaso since 2006. Hindi rin sya umattend ng mga hearings. Yun daw 300K eh yung amount na sinisingil sa kanya ngayon. Hindi raw desisyon ng korte yun. Ayun ata yung kabuuang kasama tubo.

mga sirs,

legal advice naman po. I am a manager for a local bank. naprapraning lang po ako. Several years back when I was still a branch supervisor, we require documents to be microfilmed by tellers for backup. Now, several years after, the bank cannot locate those documents and they need it for a court case because the client is denying taking money out from his account. Can I be held liable to pay for the client's claims? We are only required to forward the microfilm for developing and rerun documents that were not fully captured. The thing is, nung nalaman ko na kelangan ireun ulit yung mga docs, pinadala na ng bangko sa client yung mga ito (checks)

TIA!

Can you be more explicit? If you are talking about cancelled or returned checks for DAUD or DAIF or closed accounts, these are normally returned to the client. However the bank is required to keep records for five years. Now if you followed your bank's policies regarding documentation of account documents, then you don't have to worry as the legal case is the Bank's problem, not yours. What is important for you is that you followed operational procedures.

Sir Redax,

Walang nangyari sa kaso since 2006. Hindi rin sya umattend ng mga hearings. Yun daw 300K eh yung amount na sinisingil sa kanya ngayon. Hindi raw desisyon ng korte yun. Ayun ata yung kabuuang kasama tubo.

Kailangan medyo mas specific kaysa sa walang nangyari ang sagot. Nadismiss ba o baka kasi ongoing at leverage ng banko yan. Baka kasi nadeclare sya in default at may judgment na. Pag may judgment kasi at naging final yang execution nyan puede ilevy lahat ng ariarian nya na hinde exempt from execution. Kung may ariarian sya, delikado sya. Yung sa renegotiation naman ng amount due, kung ako ang banko magdududa na ako sa renegotiation dahil 2009 lang nagkasundo, di na naman nasusunod ng debtor. Kung baga, very recent lang ang agreement, di na nasunod, medyo may duda na sa credibility o good faith ng debtor.

For example, you applied for a Quality Analyst position. You go through the 3 month probationary period, but do not pass.

They should put you back in Operations since 1 1/2 years ka na sa company, but dahil daw walang account na paglalagyan sa iyo (due to your profile "not qualified" for whatever account who's lacking personnel) they end your employment sa company. What they have you sign is a non-confirmation for the qa position, with no mention of the attempt for locating an account for you.

Does that warrant a separation pay???

hi everyone,

i have a question regarding employment. i'm a business owner of an IT firm right now, and I have employees that work for me. I have a problem with employees. Usually, these employees are not regular employees. They're still under probationary status. After a few days or a few months or working for me, they suddenly disappear. It's so frustrating on my end since I invested time and money in training them and suddenly they go AWOL. I was wondering what I can do legally in case this happens. Can I sue them or ask them to pay me an amount or something? I just feel that it's unfair that employees can just go AWOL and leave their employers hanging. It's so unprofessional and unfair.

Please advise. Thank you very much!

For example, you applied for a Quality Analyst position. You go through the 3 month probationary period, but do not pass.

They should put you back in Operations since 1 1/2 years ka na sa company, but dahil daw walang account na paglalagyan sa iyo (due to your profile "not qualified" for whatever account who's lacking personnel) they end your employment sa company. What they have you sign is a non-confirmation for the qa position, with no mention of the attempt for locating an account for you.

Does that warrant a separation pay???

If you are a regular employee, you can only be terminated for cause. Did you sign a contract when you applied?

hi everyone,

i have a question regarding employment. i'm a business owner of an IT firm right now, and I have employees that work for me. I have a problem with employees. Usually, these employees are not regular employees. They're still under probationary status. After a few days or a few months or working for me, they suddenly disappear. It's so frustrating on my end since I invested time and money in training them and suddenly they go AWOL. I was wondering what I can do legally in case this happens. Can I sue them or ask them to pay me an amount or something? I just feel that it's unfair that employees can just go AWOL and leave their employers hanging. It's so unprofessional and unfair.

Please advise. Thank you very much!

If you really train them, you might want to sign them to a training contract that has a penalty if they leave prematurely. But you should know that probies have really no incentive to stay if there's nothing in it for them.

I did. And I am a regular employee too, having stayed with the company for 1 year and 4 months.

If you signed a contract when you applied for the Quality Analyst position, you might want to check it again to see what is the company policy if you do not pass. If there is no provision regarding separation, then they cannot just let you go as they have to comply with due process first. Normally, separation from service has no corresponding separation pay, unless it is involuntary, like redundancy, retrenchment, retirement, sickness or death etc.

If you are a regular employee, you can only be terminated for cause. Did you sign a contract when you applied?

If you really train them, you might want to sign them to a training contract that has a penalty if they leave prematurely. But you should know that probies have really no incentive to stay if there's nothing in it for them.

yeah, but the problem is, they just change address and you wouldn't even know how to find them anymore. For probies, is there a law or something where in I can sue them to leaving the company prematurely (sudden LOA)?