Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

sirs ask ko lng if legal mgwork ng 2 jobs d2 s pinas? i mean kung sa isa full time then ung isa part time. balak ko kc mgpart time job as a barista to invest more..

Ok lang yan, PROVIDED na your employment contract in your full-time job does not prohibit you to work another job or have a second job na based on company policy ay hindi mo pwede gawin (ex. waiter ka sa umaga, sa madaling araw basurero ka...medyo extreme pero pwede ipagbawal ng employer yon. Another example, housekeeping or reception ka sa hotel, tapos sa code of conduct nong hotel eh bawal ang mag-PSP, pwede yon.). So before taking that second job, review your employment contract and also your Employee Handbook.

good morning lawyers in the house...

just wanna drop some lines...

i know somebody who was abducted by 2 warrant police officers last january this year. the girl disappeared for a few days before they take her to the city hall for the procedure daw. several days passed, a high-ranking guy inmate was asking those officers if he could have that girl for valentine. the officers agreed for an amount but the girl of course refused. she was then carried to the bathroom and have all the worst funishment she could ever take in her damn whole life. she was released after 2 months or so, but the trauma hadn't leave her. it haunts her every night on her sleep and it even changed her whole perception in life and towards the rest of the world.

i just wanna ask, is it too late for us to make legal actions for the tranquility of this girl?

she didn't do anything bad, she just defended herself against a neighbor who wants to wreck her cute face out of envy for everything she has.

anybody you could recommend us for help, pls?

thank you so much

Guest djunya2006
Ok to simplify the reply, magpa-annul na lang sya...it will solve a lot of problems.

one, her property relationship with her husband would be clearer, kasi i-liliquidate yon.

two, legal na pagiging BF-GF nyo.

as for the supposed cost for the annulment, well . . . not a matter to be discussed in a public forum.

thanks for answering my question though it is not clear, does this mean that her estranged husband still has rights to any property that she may acquire? even after being seperated for the last 17 years?

and you said that our being bf-gf would be legal? was this in jest or are you being serious?

would the amount i mentioned be normal for annulment cases? this forum was created so that we could at least get assistance and advice from legal members who are willing to assist other members who are not as well versed with the law.

gudmornin po.. may friend po ako na teacher at my problem xa. tanong ko lang po kung tamang ihold ng employer ung sweldo? ang sinasabi po di daw kumpleto ng requirements, lesson plan.. pero halos lahat po ng empleyado hindi pa binibigay ung sweldo.. tama po ba un? anu po dapat gawin legal action? salamat.

eto pa po isa.. example may lupa kaming nabili sa isang compound, ung lupa na un may bahay na.. eh tiga manila kami tas sa laguna nabili ung lupa.. hindi namin naccheck ung lupa.. tapos nalaman na lang namin na pinapa rent ung bahay ung bahay dun nung pinagbilhan ng lupa.. ano po ba dapat gawin? ano pwede legal action? salamat po sir.

Here in our company, supervisors and managers (i'm not sure with high ranking officers) don't get double pay kahit pumapasok/required pumasok during holidays wherein regular employees get payed double.. Tama po ba ito? Aren't we supposed to get extra leave credits if we go to work on an official holiday if we didn't get the double pay?

Any inputs guys?

TIA.

Only rank and file employees are entitled by law to holiday pay.

thanks for answering my question though it is not clear, does this mean that her estranged husband still has rights to any property that she may acquire? even after being seperated for the last 17 years?

and you said that our being bf-gf would be legal? was this in jest or are you being serious?

would the amount i mentioned be normal for annulment cases? this forum was created so that we could at least get assistance and advice from legal members who are willing to assist other members who are not as well versed with the law.

Under the Revised Penal Code, a man who has carnal knowledge with a woman, knowing her to be married, is committing adultery, even if the marriage be subsequently declared void. Penalty is prision correccional in its medium and maximum periods (2 years, 4 months and 1 day to 6 years).

Annulment or declaration of nullity cost would depend on the lawyer and psychiatrist whose services you obtain.

Guest djunya2006
Under the Revised Penal Code, a man who has carnal knowledge with a woman, knowing her to be married, is committing adultery, even if the marriage be subsequently declared void. Penalty is prision correccional in its medium and maximum periods (2 years, 4 months and 1 day to 6 years).

Annulment or declaration of nullity cost would depend on the lawyer and psychiatrist whose services you obtain.

again thank you for taking time out from your busy schedules to address my question. i guess if you have a gf it is immediate presumption that there is carnal knowledge involved and can't be platonic in any way. thanks for telling what law this covers so that i can tell my friends about it and put the scare in them.

so is it correct to say that in a way you have to choose your own poison, since you say it depends on the lawyer and psychiatrist on what they charge their clients hourly.

i do appreciate your time.

i know somebody who was abducted by 2 warrant police officers last january this year. the girl disappeared for a few days before they take her to the city hall for the procedure daw. several days passed, a high-ranking guy inmate was asking those officers if he could have that girl for valentine. the officers agreed for an amount but the girl of course refused. she was then carried to the bathroom and have all the worst funishment she could ever take in her damn whole life. she was released after 2 months or so, but the trauma hadn't leave her. it haunts her every night on her sleep and it even changed her whole perception in life and towards the rest of the world.

i just wanna ask, is it too late for us to make legal actions for the tranquility of this girl?

she didn't do anything bad, she just defended herself against a neighbor who wants to wreck her cute face out of envy for everything she has.

thank you so much

There are a lot of unknowns in your statement. First,was the girl ever charged with something??? Because you said she was detained "for two months or so." Second, where was she detained??? Third, what happened in the bathroom???

If my analysis of what you did not state are correct then criminal, administrative, and even human rights cases can be filed against the police officers and their officers, and even the guy inmate -even at this point in time.

You can PM me for details, I would love to help you put these assholes out of commission.

Edited by pol22366
ask ko lang po if a friend is abroad and he wants to file a criminal case here in the philippines, is it possible for his representative to file the charges? will it prosper? and pwede din po ba malaman ang basis ng inyong reply

Answer to 1st and 2nd question: It depends on the criminal case and the representative's knowledge of what transpired relative to said criminal case.

Answer to 3rd question: Based on my study and practice of law.

When i post in this thread, I don't post anything in jest...

Yes, her husband has claim over property she has accumulated. After all they are married. And their conjugal property has not been liquidated. Everything she had gained from those 17 years are part of the conjugal property.

As for the bf-gf thing, even if she has been separated for 17 years, as far as the law is concerned she is still married to her husband (we can't even call him an ex, because the marriage is not annulled.) As far as the law is concerned, both of you, since you are having an amorous relationship is committing a crime, adultery in particular.

Clarify the amount quoted and what you would get as part of the legal service being provided. Engagement fees, appearance fees and all that...then I will answer your question if that's ok.

Guest djunya2006
When i post in this thread, I don't post anything in jest...

Yes, her husband has claim over property she has accumulated. After all they are married. And their conjugal property has not been liquidated. Everything she had gained from those 17 years are part of the conjugal property.

As for the bf-gf thing, even if she has been separated for 17 years, as far as the law is concerned she is still married to her husband (we can't even call him an ex, because the marriage is not annulled.) As far as the law is concerned, both of you, since you are having an amorous relationship is committing a crime, adultery in particular.

Clarify the amount quoted and what you would get as part of the legal service being provided. Engagement fees, appearance fees and all that...then I will answer your question if that's ok.

Ok, thank you for help. I will make sure to tell her that she should not purchase anything specially property since this would automatically fall under conjugal property.

As far as the bf-gf thing does this also include platonic relationships? does this constitute adultery w/c is punishable under the law?

What is included in the filing of an annulment case? does it include all that you had mentioned in your reply? if so then what is the amount she should expect to pay? thank you.

mga attorneys please feel free to give your opinion . . .

Wala pa namang batas or even local ordinance regarding this issue. Recently, the city government of Marikina had set aside 2 meters on some streets as bike lanes/bike pathways. Of course, there is the pedestrian lane for people. However, cyclists (strangely) continue to use the roads for motor vehicles :thumbsdownsmiley: One cyclist who does not use the bike lane said that "bike lanes are for cowards". Apparently, the riskier the ride, the more aesthetically appealing it becomes for the bicycle rider <_< Not that I mind their bravery for risking life and limb but it also poses a risk for motorist when they try to avoid cyclist who are not using their bike lanes provided by the government. Of course, there are some streets without bike lanes beyond the jurisdiction of Marikina and compelling cyclists to use the pedestrian lanes "behind the pink line" would be hazardous to pedestrians.

The question: What can be done to compel cyclists to use bike lanes provided (and funded) for them by the local government of Marikina? Can they be charged with jaywalking (even if they are not walking but riding)? Is a motorist who accidentally hits a biker from his blind side liable for physical injuries when clearly it is an act of self-injury (or act of stupidity)?

TNX

WHy only now?

thank you so much

mga expert, need your help. mag papautang sana ako ng pera sa friend ko. gusto ko sana igawa ng kasulatan na pwede gamitin sa legal na paraan kapag nde nagka bayaran. bigyan nyo naman ako ng sample. thanks in advance.

Friendly advice lang. Huwag mo na pautangin and save yourself the headache. Good friends always end up as enemies because of pautang.

Guest djunya2006
Friendly advice lang. Huwag mo na pautangin and save yourself the headache. Good friends always end up as enemies because of pautang.

I 2nd that RB, definitely don't want to go thru that again. If you can afford it just give him the money as help.

Kamust kana RB long time no EB.

To the law experts there...hope you can help me on the following :

Our head office is in Japan and we maintain a rep office here in Alabang. Due to the current crisis, we are thinking of closing the office but we still want to maintain the SEC registration of our company here in the Phils. We just need to cut down on expenses so it will be like an LOA sort of. Can you please advise on what are the things I need to do to make this happen? I have talked with some of my friends and some advise I got was I need to go to BIR, SSS,Philhealth and pag ibig to officially inform them that our office will close. They said that even if the office has no operation, I still need to go to BIR to submit the tax forms we normally submit even if we don't need to pay anything.

Hope you can provide me a clearer instruction on what I need to do in this situation....

TIA

To the law experts there...hope you can help me on the following :

Our head office is in Japan and we maintain a rep office here in Alabang. Due to the current crisis, we are thinking of closing the office but we still want to maintain the SEC registration of our company here in the Phils. We just need to cut down on expenses so it will be like an LOA sort of. Can you please advise on what are the things I need to do to make this happen? I have talked with some of my friends and some advise I got was I need to go to BIR, SSS,Philhealth and pag ibig to officially inform them that our office will close. They said that even if the office has no operation, I still need to go to BIR to submit the tax forms we normally submit even if we don't need to pay anything.

Hope you can provide me a clearer instruction on what I need to do in this situation....

TIA

Your friends are correct. You have to inform all government agencies that you are not operating through an affidavit of no operation, but since you still want to keep your legal personality alive, you have to still comply with the legal reportorial requirements of these agencies. Although as regarding the SSS and Philhealth I believe that is a one-shot deal.

Bro..thanks for taking the time to answer my inquiry...do i still need to go to the city hall to submit an affidavit of no operation? we just renewed our business permit last Jan...

Your friends are correct. You have to inform all government agencies that you are not operating through an affidavit of no operation, but since you still want to keep your legal personality alive, you have to still comply with the legal reportorial requirements of these agencies. Although as regarding the SSS and Philhealth I believe that is a one-shot deal.
Bro..thanks for taking the time to answer my inquiry...do i still need to go to the city hall to submit an affidavit of no operation? we just renewed our business permit last Jan...

Yes, you need to update them that you are not operating anymore.

To the legal experts :

I hope you can help me. I had a live-in partner wherein we hoped that we can be married. The reason is that we know that her previous marriage was not registered or did not reach NSO. She has a daughter that I have learned to love as my own. We enrolled the child in elementary using my surname since the school did not mandate us to submit her birth certificate. After two years, we learned that her previous marriage did reach NSO and was registered. We came to accept that we can never be legally married. Now here is the problem, we relocated and the child needs to transfer to another school and this school requires a NSO authenticated birth certificate. So the child needs to use the surname of her birth father and all her previous school record shows that she used my surname. Please advise what legal steps that we can do.