Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

To get a copy of the notarized doc, go to the clerk of court of the palce whre the lawyer who notarized the doc was practicing

thanks for the reply.

where is the clerk of court? sa SC, RTC, IBP sa Manila ba?

i have no idea ?

thanks again

Mga sirs,

Just want to ask for your opinion or advice.Meron po akong kakilala nakapagasawa po siya sa isang babae na previously married sa isang guy. Though nong mga panahon na kinasal sila ( first marriage)yong babae eh underage (16 years old). Pero pinalabas nila sa dokumento na 20 na ang babae para payagan ng judge na ikasal sila.

only this past 6 years that my friend knew about it. Ang tanong ko yon bang marriage ng babae sa unang lalaki legal or pwedeng maconsider as "null and void".Sino ba magdedekalara nito? ngayon na nagpakasal ulit yong babae sa kaibigan ko. Pwede bang sabhing di legal ang kasal considering na kasal ang babae sa una.

Hi, sorry for the late reply, been busy with out of town work and haven't surfed for awhile. Here is a sample motion, just change the details to match the details of your case.

Can you please furnish me a draft copy of a Motion For Early Resolution? As of date ay wala po talaga ako capability na magpagawa sa lawyer. Hirap po talaga ngayon.

And one more thing sir, Kailan ko po i-set ang date for the notice of hearing? After 10 working days po ba?

Ang email address ko po ay neil_deleon@yahoo.com.

BTW, ang sabi po sa akin ng Associate Labor Arbiter ay ipinadala daw po ni Arbiter de Vera ang papeles for actual computation sa isa pa pong department sa NLRC? Gaano po ba katagal gawin ang computation? Yun na lang naman daw po ang hinihintay ni Arbiter para ilabas ang Writ.

Maraming salamat po!

sample.doc

good day po sirs....

may question lang po tungkol sa obligations & contracts. i'm an english instructor for a korean academy and i just signed a contract saying that i will now be working in a full time position (used to be part-timer po). recently, my bosses said that they are putting me back as a part-timer TEMPORARILY because of the economic crisis.

wala naman nakalagay dun sa contract na pwede i-ammend yung working hours ko or yung schedule. legal po ba yung ginawa nila? kung hindi po, ano po pwede ko gawin?

salamat po ulit...

Edited by strips
Hi, sorry for the late reply, been busy with out of town work and haven't surfed for awhile. Here is a sample motion, just change the details to match the details of your case.

sir, thank you po sa draft. may iba pang recent developments na ill be sharing later, pag di na po gaano busy. thanks again sir!

sir, tanong ko lang po...

I have witnesses. They've written a sworn statement na notarized in the front of my attorney. BUT my witnesses don't want an audience with the prosecutor stating that their notarized report is more than enough? Can the I request the prosecutor to subpoena them? Are they obligated to appear as per request of the Prosecutor? Because ang reason ng isa kong attorney was that "why did your witnesses bother writing a sworn statement and informing them about the legal coverage only for them to back out later on." Can my witnesses be charged? Purgery? Held in contempt? Need your input in this. Thanks.

Edited by ej_qn

1. Can the I request the prosecutor to subpoena them?

May kapangyarihan ang fiscal na mag-issue ng subpoena para magpatawag ng mga testigo (tingnan ang Section 11, PD 1275), kaya lumalabas pwede kang mag-request sa fiscal.

Ngunit, subalit, datapwat... kalimitan ayaw ng fiscal gawin ito. Trabaho ng nagrereklamo na kumuha ng testigo. Kung ayaw ng testigong magpakita sa fiscal, mas malamang sa hindi, pag naisampa ang kaso sa korte mas lalong ayaw nitong magpakita sa huwes. Sayang lang ang pagpapagod ng piskalya sa paghahain ng kaso, kung pagkatapos di naman mapatunayan ang krimen dahil ayaw magpakita ng testigo.

oo nga at pwedeng pilitin ang testigo sa pamamagitan ng subpoena, kaya lang mas maganda na kagustuhan ng testigo ang pagharap sa piskalya at huwes. Mahirap ang sapilitan. Baka magalit ang testigo mo sa yo dahil pinilit mo lang sila at kung ano-ano na ang pagsasabihin sa fiskal, baka mas lalo lang humina ang kaso mo!

Maaari silang ipahuli kung ayaw nilang sumunod sa subpoena, pero ang sabi ko nga, malabong mag-issue ng subpoena in the first place ang fiscal.

di rin naman ito perjury dahil hindi naman masabi kung sila ay nagsisinungaling o hindi under oath dahil hindi nga sila humarap upang sumumpa sa fiscal (ayaw kasi ng mga fiscal na sa notaryo lang sumusumpa ang testigo dahil walang kasiguraduhan kung sino ang taong ito o kung ito nga ay tutoong tao).

Talk to your witnesses and use your powers of persuasion to convince them to appear, otherwise, mahirap talaga. Lalo na karamihan ng tao ayaw makialam/masangkot sa kaso.

Hope this helps.

I have witnesses. They've written a sworn statement na notarized in the front of my attorney. BUT my witnesses don't want an audience with the prosecutor stating that their notarized report is more than enough? Can the I request the prosecutor to subpoena them? Are they obligated to appear as per request of the Prosecutor? Because ang reason ng isa kong attorney was that "why did your witnesses bother writing a sworn statement and informing them about the legal coverage only for them to back out later on." Can my witnesses be charged? Purgery? Held in contempt? Need your input in this. Thanks.

Ask ko lang po, i wasnt able to pay a deaprtment store credit card for almost a year because medyo natamaan tayo ng crisis. yesterday i received a summons from an rtc filed by the department store. Question, what can i do? i am willing to settle but hindi pa ngayon. do i need to answer the summons and find a lawyer? the amount in question is only 11k.

Ask ko lang po, i wasnt able to pay a deaprtment store credit card for almost a year because medyo natamaan tayo ng crisis. yesterday i received a summons from an rtc filed by the department store. Question, what can i do? i am willing to settle but hindi pa ngayon. do i need to answer the summons and find a lawyer? the amount in question is only 11k.

Read the complaint attached to the summons first. if the total amount claimed is only 11k, then the summons is probably bogus and is being used just to scare you. the reason i say this is because the MTC has jurisdcition over the case and not the RTC. On the other hand, if the summons is indeed legitimate, then you must file an answer immediately otherwise, you will be declared in default and judgment will be issued against you.

Grabe naman kung totoo ito. Small claims cases na ito kaya siguro pinatolan. Bawal nga appearance abogado sa ganito puro ready made forms na lang fill up ng parties. 11 thousand kinasohan. Maski sa punta punta lang sa korte matrabaho ito, lalo na kung 11 thou kinakasohan. Matindi na naman siguro pilahan nito sa mtc kung talagang kasohan sa 11 thou.

If the summons is authentic, that means a small claims action has already been filed against you. Under Sec. 11, you should file with the court and serve with the plaintiff a duly accomplished and verified response within a non-extendible period of ten days. Even though a lawyer is not allowed to appear for you at the hearing, I believe you would need one to assist you with the response. Under Sec. 12, failure to file response, the court shall render judgement as may be warranted by the facts alleged in the Statement of Claim, limited to what is prayed for, but may reduce the amount of damages.

This rule is very favorable to the plaintiff as the period to file response is very short and the defendant such as yourself may very well not know what is going on, specially if he doesn't have a lawyer to consult with. A motion for extention of time to file a pleading is a prohibited so I would expect a lot of judgements to be made based on the Statement of Claim. If I were you, I'd hurry up and file the response, with assistance of a lawyer.

can a probationary employee be terminated without due process? these are the facts, an employee of a call center company was terminated due to failure on the RTA (real time adhesion). for those who dont know, RTA is the actual length of time that an employee is actually working or taking calls. the passing is 95% and it showed that this employee didnt pass the RTA ( i think the employee got 88-91% around that area.) . This was just informed the day of the employee's termination. Normally the team managers give warnings (verbal,written and final), this employee receive none. There are stats that are more important than the RTA, like Quality, Conversion rates, ticket size and specially attendance. this employee only used one absent on the allowable three. and the rest of the stats were on the passing rate. of all 25 people of that batch, about half was terminated due to different reasons but this one takes the cake of unfairness. all employees now think that there is a conspiracy going on, that instead of laying off people, the management just used some feeble reasons like that to terminate people. Its true that there are too many employees now and i belong to an earlier batch that has few people than now, before my regularization i incur too many lates, low conversions, i have one absent, and a failing RTA too. what can those people do? especially this employee. is the right to due process and to be heard both procedural and substatial indispensable in this case even though they are probationary. are there some cases involving call centers here in the philippines already has SC decisions?

Thank you mga boss. and more power.

can a probationary employee be terminated without due process? these are the facts, an employee of a call center company was terminated due to failure on the RTA (real time adhesion). for those who dont know, RTA is the actual length of time that an employee is actually working or taking calls. the passing is 95% and it showed that this employee didnt pass the RTA ( i think the employee got 88-91% around that area.) . This was just informed the day of the employee's termination. Normally the team managers give warnings (verbal,written and final), this employee receive none. There are stats that are more important than the RTA, like Quality, Conversion rates, ticket size and specially attendance. this employee only used one absent on the allowable three. and the rest of the stats were on the passing rate. of all 25 people of that batch, about half was terminated due to different reasons but this one takes the cake of unfairness. all employees now think that there is a conspiracy going on, that instead of laying off people, the management just used some feeble reasons like that to terminate people. Its true that there are too many employees now and i belong to an earlier batch that has few people than now, before my regularization i incur too many lates, low conversions, i have one absent, and a failing RTA too. what can those people do? especially this employee. is the right to due process and to be heard both procedural and substatial indispensable in this case even though they are probationary. are there some cases involving call centers here in the philippines already has SC decisions?

Thank you mga boss. and more power.

Probationary employees are not entitled to due process or the same rights as regular employees. Of course, if there is bad faith or fraud, it may be possible to file a civil case for damages but based on the facts you recited, the probie was given the standards for regularization and did not achieve it during the period.

You may request the prosecutors to issue subpoena but in reality, very few of them would do so. Ang effect nyan, yung affidavits nila will be considered as attachements in support of your own. Puede na yan sa preliminary investigation. Pag sumampa ang kaso sa court, ang court talaga nag issue ng subpoena.

hi sir im newbie here

ask lng ako ng advice pls

here my case...seperated (kasal kami sa simbahan) ako from my 1st wife sence 1995..,when i working sa saudi nagluko sya at tuluyang ng sumama sa lalaki nya...may 2 kming anak na sence then ei tuloy tuloy lng sustento ko even some time sa parent ko sila tumitira but now nasa mother nila sila at may anak narin ung ex ko sa kinakasama nya....now narito ako sa UAE sir at may common wife narin ako with 2 kids narin at gusto nay rin sumama sakin dito pr magtrabaho in that case gusto kong ikuha sya ng husband visa (meaning ikakabit sya sa visang gamit ko)..ang problema di kami kasal at isa sa mga supporting doc. ung marriage contract para maikuha ko sya ng husband visa...

Now magbabakasyon ako this coming april 6 at plano namin magpakasal sa civil..no ang tanong ko

1. pede ba akong magpakasal sence almost 15 years na akong hiwalay sa 1st wife ko?

2. if ever magpakasal ako at malaman ng ex ko them maghabog even una sya gumawa ng kalukuhan..may habol ba sya?

3. makakasuhan ba ako at ung common wife ko if ever may maghabol life my ex?

4. gusto kong ma annul un kasal ko pero di ko kayang magbayad ng lawyer at di rin ako pedeng tumigil jan sa pinas pr tutokan ung ipafile kong annulment...ano bang dapat kong gawin?

5. may ginawa kami ng ex na kasulatan sa harap ng baranggay captain (w/ his sign) na pirmado namin pareho na wala na kami pakialaman sa isat isa kahit ano gusto namin gawin sa buhay.

pede ko pong idetails ung pangyayari if ever gusto nyo coz sangkot din ung mother at father ung lalaki na kinakasama ng ex ko that time na natatagpo sila....

thanks in advane sir/mam

hi sir im newbie here

ask lng ako ng advice pls

here my case...seperated (kasal kami sa simbahan) ako from my 1st wife sence 1995..,when i working sa saudi nagluko sya at tuluyang ng sumama sa lalaki nya...may 2 kming anak na sence then ei tuloy tuloy lng sustento ko even some time sa parent ko sila tumitira but now nasa mother nila sila at may anak narin ung ex ko sa kinakasama nya....now narito ako sa UAE sir at may common wife narin ako with 2 kids narin at gusto nay rin sumama sakin dito pr magtrabaho in that case gusto kong ikuha sya ng husband visa (meaning ikakabit sya sa visang gamit ko)..ang problema di kami kasal at isa sa mga supporting doc. ung marriage contract para maikuha ko sya ng husband visa...

Now magbabakasyon ako this coming april 6 at plano namin magpakasal sa civil..no ang tanong ko

1. pede ba akong magpakasal sence almost 15 years na akong hiwalay sa 1st wife ko? NO.

2. if ever magpakasal ako at malaman ng ex ko them maghabog even una sya gumawa ng kalukuhan..may habol ba sya? YES

3. makakasuhan ba ako at ung common wife ko if ever may maghabol life my ex?YES

4. gusto kong ma annul un kasal ko pero di ko kayang magbayad ng lawyer at di rin ako pedeng tumigil jan sa pinas pr tutokan ung ipafile kong annulment...ano bang dapat kong gawin? GET A LAWYER

5. may ginawa kami ng ex na kasulatan sa harap ng baranggay captain (w/ his sign) na pirmado namin pareho na wala na kami pakialaman sa isat isa kahit ano gusto namin gawin sa buhay. USELESS YAN

pede ko pong idetails ung pangyayari if ever gusto nyo coz sangkot din ung mother at father ung lalaki na kinakasama ng ex ko that time na natatagpo sila....

thanks in advane sir/mam