• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

i know that this is for US Visa but i hope somebody can help me on this...

I have been to Canada as a tourist, stayed there for less than 6 months and came back here Feb 2003. I was able to get a credit card and was not able to pay any of the charges amounting to $18 plus. Now, I am applying for a Visa again and I just want to know if that unpaid bill will lead to denial and is it a criminal offense?

Thanks and hope somebody can give answer to this.

i know that this is for US Visa but i hope somebody can help me on this...

I have been to Canada as a tourist, stayed there for less than 6 months and came back here Feb 2003. I was able to get a credit card and was not able to pay any of the charges amounting to $18 plus. Now, I am applying for a Visa again and I just want to know if that unpaid bill will lead to denial and is it a criminal offense?

Thanks and hope somebody can give answer to this.

Is this a U.S. VISA or Canadian VISA? Or VISA credit card? Your post seems quite confusing.

But to answer the obvious, an unpaid bill in the U.S. isn't a crime per se, just an unpaid debt. The U.S. records are getting more sophisticated in relation to linking all their data. But I don't think "unpaid" debts are linked unless there has been a collection case filed against you. But since it is only for $18.00, I don't think a case will be filed against you. You will denied a credit card again if you will apply for one because credit rating agencies keep records for 10 years.

Is this a U.S. VISA or Canadian VISA? Or VISA credit card? Your post seems quite confusing.

But to answer the obvious, an unpaid bill in the U.S. isn't a crime per se, just an unpaid debt. The U.S. records are getting more sophisticated in relation to linking all their data. But I don't think "unpaid" debts are linked unless there has been a collection case filed against you. But since it is only for $18.00, I don't think a case will be filed against you. You will denied a credit card again if you will apply for one because credit rating agencies keep records for 10 years.

I didnt realize that my message was that confusing but you hit the answer on the spot, I am not applying for a credit card but instead I'm applying for US and Canadia Visa. Thanks for the reply dude but how about Canadian rules in unpaid credits because that's where I got my credit card. Do you have any idea on this?

I am a 29 year old guy without a permanent job with a live-in partner and a son. We got separated because of emotionally battering me and her parents are after me. Is there any legalities if they pursue this in court? Please reply to my e-mail or to this thread and i will be most gracious to your help.

my email is mackymacmac@yahoo.com

Was in a similar situation. Please provide the facts:

1. Are you the biological father? Did you acknowledge the birth certificate?

With this answered, it will determine if there is legal basis for coming after you in court.

Other questions that will determine how a case may go:

2. Who is the son living with? Are you seeking custody?

3. Have you sought the services of a psychiatrist or at least a psychologist because of the batterment?

4. Are there witnesses to the batterment?

5. Does your ex work? How much does she earn? Did she work before? How long?

There are a lot of questions. Better consult a lawyer.

i tried updatin my media player [from 10 to 11] last night, it turns out pirata pala windows ko, now i cant use my media player...

wat can i do to get it back kahit na media player 10 na lang, without the online validation from windows?

another option is im gonna get a media player 10 installer and remove the media player and install the new one.

un n lang ba talaga magagawa ko? pm naman. help. haha =) thanks in advance

I am a 29 year old guy without a permanent job with a live-in partner and a son. We got separated because of emotionally battering me and her parents are after me. Is there any legalities if they pursue this in court? Please reply to my e-mail or to this thread and i will be most gracious to your help.

Allow me to give you plain advice: What do you mean by her parents are after you? Do they want you to marry the girl?-If that is the case, they canot legally do that. Wala ka kasing consent-which is a requisite of marriage. Do thay want you to support your kid? - the girl can as the court to do that by filing a case for support, kahit hindi kayo kasal, you have an equal obligation for rearing your kid. Kung hindi naman masamang babae yung girl, meaning hindi naman lasingera or addict or p#ta at may means of living, at yung kid mo is less than 12 years old, wag mo nang habulin pa to be in your custody - magastos at walang kasiguraduhan na makukuha mo. just give support as best as you can, after all anak mo yun, your kid carries your genes and is the means of perpetuating you for all eternity. :hypocritesmiley:

they might file a criminal case of abandonment of your child under the anti-violence of women and children act. try to get a job and support your kid.