Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

hello...

i'm using windows xp pro.. recently nagtanggal ako ng spyware using AVG.. natanggal naman at smooth na ulit ang performance..

until malaman ko na wala na yung "RUN" command sa start menu!! sinubukan ko ung 'Windws +R' para di lumabas yung run command pero eto ang error

"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer, please contact your system administrator"

nitry ko din i-customize yung start menu items, pero wla dun yung option na "RUN" para ma display sya sa start menu.

HELP! :(

dahil yan sa group policy restrictions sa pc mo.

baka nung nag-delete ka ng mga garbage e nasama ung ibang registry entries na akala ng ng scanner e adware

hello MTC Lawyers

i'm selling a small business and an aquaintance of mine will be buying it. i will be including all the supplies and equipment for him to start it right away. i don't mind if he will use my business name and just opt for change of ownership but he plans to change business name as well so that's fine with me also. there will be no royalties or such thing involve as this is not a franchise so he has all the option to change the mode of operation and the money that will be involve here is the amount we agreed upon. my questions are:

1. do we need to sign some sort of deed of sale(don't know if it's the right term) and notarized it?

2. is it adviceable if i let a lawyer make the deed of sale or can i just grab a copy off of the net and just put the conditions i want and let both parties sign it?

3. is there any thing that i should know regarding this kind of transaction?

any info will be appreciated.

hello MTC Lawyers

i'm selling a small business and an aquaintance of mine will be buying it. i will be including all the supplies and equipment for him to start it right away. i don't mind if he will use my business name and just opt for change of ownership but he plans to change business name as well so that's fine with me also. there will be no royalties or such thing involve as this is not a franchise so he has all the option to change the mode of operation and the money that will be involve here is the amount we agreed upon. my questions are:

1. do we need to sign some sort of deed of sale(don't know if it's the right term) and notarized it?

2. is it adviceable if i let a lawyer make the deed of sale or can i just grab a copy off of the net and just put the conditions i want and let both parties sign it?

1. yes, there must be a deed of sale and have it notarized. this will bind both parties and the whole world with respect to your contract

2. it is adviceable that a lawyer would draft the deed. it will be more personalized and the true agreement of the parties will be reflected.

3. yes, study the consequences as to the taxes, the permits and registration with respect to the business and the sale of it. .

hi can anybody have an idea how to connect Linksys WRT54G to Prolink H9200P DSL/Router? it seems that when i connect the linksys WRT54G to Prolink it doesnt connect to the internet and it also cannot see the IP add of the prolink H9200P.

dretch

Edited by dretch
1. yes, there must be a deed of sale and have it notarized. this will bind both parties and the whole world with respect to your contract

2. it is adviceable that a lawyer would draft the deed. it will be more personalized and the true agreement of the parties will be reflected.

3. yes, study the consequences as to the taxes, the permits and registration with respect to the business and the sale of it. .

ok thank you sir.

selling a corporation or single-proprietorship business?

it's a single proprietor business, sir.

hello MTC Lawyers

Since you will be selling all of the business (including supplies and equipment) this is covered by the Bulk Sales Law (Act No. 3952). The law requires, for the sale to be valid, that you furnish a list of all your creditors to the buyer (in an affidavit, the format of which is already provided for by law), otherwise the sale is void. You could also be subject to criminal prosecution by your creditors if you fail to comply with the law.

hi can anybody have an idea how to connect Linksys WRT54G to Prolink H9200P DSL/Router? it seems that when i connect the linksys WRT54G to Prolink it doesnt connect to the internet and it also cannot see the IP add of the prolink H9200P.

dretch

i believe you need to setup your router to pppoe connection and need to input your uid and pass or if your dsl modem is already setup w/ pppoe connection on it you might need to setup you router w/ dhcp setup.... :)

Ive been reading my book about legal ethics and I cant seem to understand the definition behind

"purposes of courses in action". This is in connection with the fiduciary obligation of a lawyer to a

client which involve legitimate investments. So anyone?

BTW, under the cannon of professional ethics it is improper for a lawyer to purchase a property or acquire

an interest over the subject matter of a litigation, as this rule is absolute, mere circumvention is still prohibited.

But supposing the litigation is finished after a successful one, can you as a lawyer validly place an interest or

purchase the property from your client which was involved in a litigation?

Ive been reading my book about legal ethics and I cant seem to understand the definition behind

"purposes of courses in action". This is in connection with the fiduciary obligation of a lawyer to a

client which involve legitimate investments. So anyone?

BTW, under the cannon of professional ethics it is improper for a lawyer to purchase a property or acquire

an interest over the subject matter of a litigation, as this rule is absolute, mere circumvention is still prohibited.

But supposing the litigation is finished after a successful one, can you as a lawyer validly place an interest or

purchase the property from your client which was involved in a litigation?

Could you actually be referring to "purchase of choses in action"?

If so: a lawyer cannot acquire "choses in action" (otherwise defined as the right of enforcing by legal proceedings the payment of a debt) if the result would be that the lawyer files cases (to collect the debt) for his own profit. In other words, the purchase of the "choses in action" makes the lawyer litigate for purposes of personal profit - which should not be since the practice of law should be for public service, not for trade or business.

As for the second situation, the lawyer can validly purchase property AFTER the litigation. This is no longer cvovered by the prohibition, as the same covers purchase of the client's property IN litigation, not those before or after the litigation.

i know that this is for US Visa but i hope somebody can help me on this...

I have been to Canada as a tourist, stayed there for less than 6 months and came back here Feb 2003. I was able to get a credit card and was not able to pay any of the charges amounting to $18 plus. Now, I am applying for a Visa again and I just want to know if that unpaid bill will lead to denial and is it a criminal offense?

Thanks and hope somebody can give answer to this.

i know that this is for US Visa but i hope somebody can help me on this...

I have been to Canada as a tourist, stayed there for less than 6 months and came back here Feb 2003. I was able to get a credit card and was not able to pay any of the charges amounting to $18 plus. Now, I am applying for a Visa again and I just want to know if that unpaid bill will lead to denial and is it a criminal offense?

Thanks and hope somebody can give answer to this.

Is this a U.S. VISA or Canadian VISA? Or VISA credit card? Your post seems quite confusing.

But to answer the obvious, an unpaid bill in the U.S. isn't a crime per se, just an unpaid debt. The U.S. records are getting more sophisticated in relation to linking all their data. But I don't think "unpaid" debts are linked unless there has been a collection case filed against you. But since it is only for $18.00, I don't think a case will be filed against you. You will denied a credit card again if you will apply for one because credit rating agencies keep records for 10 years.

Is this a U.S. VISA or Canadian VISA? Or VISA credit card? Your post seems quite confusing.

But to answer the obvious, an unpaid bill in the U.S. isn't a crime per se, just an unpaid debt. The U.S. records are getting more sophisticated in relation to linking all their data. But I don't think "unpaid" debts are linked unless there has been a collection case filed against you. But since it is only for $18.00, I don't think a case will be filed against you. You will denied a credit card again if you will apply for one because credit rating agencies keep records for 10 years.

I didnt realize that my message was that confusing but you hit the answer on the spot, I am not applying for a credit card but instead I'm applying for US and Canadia Visa. Thanks for the reply dude but how about Canadian rules in unpaid credits because that's where I got my credit card. Do you have any idea on this?

I am a 29 year old guy without a permanent job with a live-in partner and a son. We got separated because of emotionally battering me and her parents are after me. Is there any legalities if they pursue this in court? Please reply to my e-mail or to this thread and i will be most gracious to your help.

my email is mackymacmac@yahoo.com

Was in a similar situation. Please provide the facts:

1. Are you the biological father? Did you acknowledge the birth certificate?

With this answered, it will determine if there is legal basis for coming after you in court.

Other questions that will determine how a case may go:

2. Who is the son living with? Are you seeking custody?

3. Have you sought the services of a psychiatrist or at least a psychologist because of the batterment?

4. Are there witnesses to the batterment?

5. Does your ex work? How much does she earn? Did she work before? How long?

There are a lot of questions. Better consult a lawyer.

i tried updatin my media player [from 10 to 11] last night, it turns out pirata pala windows ko, now i cant use my media player...

wat can i do to get it back kahit na media player 10 na lang, without the online validation from windows?

another option is im gonna get a media player 10 installer and remove the media player and install the new one.

un n lang ba talaga magagawa ko? pm naman. help. haha =) thanks in advance