Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Hinde ma-delete / erase yung "My Backup" folder after running system recovery.

I checked the user guide pero doesn't say much about "my backup". It's not a serious one but I need to free up some memory space. Frustrating lang kasi hinde ma-delete palagi "access denied".

Any suggestion?

In behalf of my friend, thank you very much vincechase for taking time to reply to this inquiry.

Yes true enough it's a credit card thing. Personally, I cant believe the government tolerates this sort of collection practice inspite of BSP's circular 454 whic specifically states such actions is deemed un-acceptible.

You are welcome my friend! :thumbsupsmiley:

situation:

i bought house and lot... walang poste ng meralco... walang kuntador... electricity paid by the company/clubhouse who owns the subd... so free elec for several months... they put a "sab meter"... the thing that reads how much elec you consume... now they sent me a bill for elec... i heard thay dont have the right to collect payment for elec... only meralco can do that... what to do!?!

another thing... same house and lot... water bill that comes to me is under a different name... maybe name of someone who put a downpayment before but backed out the last minute... what to do... tnx in advance

I checked the user guide pero doesn't say much about "my backup". It's not a serious one but I need to free up some memory space. Frustrating lang kasi hinde ma-delete palagi "access denied".

Any suggestion?

Go to a command prompt (start>run>cmd) or boot to a dos prompt

CD to the folder with the file

enter:

attrib -a -h -r -s filename.ext

del filename.ext

HTH

sure will... thanks po!

you're welcome po, paki kamusta mo nlng ako ke pareng oxy :thumbsupsmiley:

any vb programmers?

im a comsci student trying to learn on how to use Crystal Reports in VB6...

kaso ala me mahanap na reliable tutorials and articles na magtuturo ng step by step kung

paano gumamit ng Crystal Reports...

does anyone know which book or ebook does a thorough tutorial on Crystal Reports 9

that includes how to use it in VB6 programs?

If you're just starting to learn to use it, then you don't need a thorough reference. You dont want to get overwhelmed. Now if what you mean by thorough is a spoon feeding thing... then try to get yourself one of those IDG books, or those things that say "Learn how to do stuff visually.." They do a great job of teaching you to understand the basic stuff about something. The only problem with these are... when you actually get a programming job, it turns these "easy steps" are not really the proper way to do it. In any case, dont buy books... just find one online.

The real key about understanding how to work with a 3rd party app is to understand the framework. Once you get the framework, working with other 3rd party apps will be easier. VB6 like all the VS6 tools handle integration with 3rd party apps mostly and ideally through COM (Component Object Model) while .NET uses Assemblies. Are you familiar with COM technology already?

What happens is, 3rd party apps (including Crystal Reports) have DLLs or OCXs (more commonly known as ActiveX) that were explicitly designed for COM, which means they can be used in any COM compliant tools like VB or VC++, etc. So it's just a matter of doing these steps:

1. create a reference to the DLL/Active X

2. create an instance of the object that you need (if this is an ActiveX, then you just drop it on your form)

3. set/retrieve a property value

4. call the method or function

Does it sound complicated? Have you worked with ADO in VB6? It follows the same priniciple. ADO control is an ActiveX with methods like AddNew, Update, etc. Sorry for all the jargon.. and some other stuff I mentioned that might not seem related at first.. I used to teach programming classes so I felt the urge to point you in the correct direction. Problem with young programmers these days is they know how to do the 1-2-3 steps but dont really understand what is happening underneath...

Hope this helps...

hello,

eto lang advice ko sa iyong friend.

1. check nyo muna kung talagang me kaso. in my practice, maramin na akong nakitang ganyan na bogus complaint, panakot lang. check mo kung me summons from the court itself. why? because the court itself ang magpapadala ng kopya ng complaint and require the person to answer it. not the law office na nag-file (kung yung letter galing sa isang collecting agency at hindi galing sa korte, wala pang kaso talaga yan).

MAG INGAT SA MGA PANANAKOT NG MGA COLLECTING FIRMS.

2. kung talagang me kaso nga, get a lawyer to protect your interests, lalo na sa preliminary attachment. the lawyer will tell you what to do. wag hayaan na umusad yung kaso na walang ginagawa.

3. pwede yan ma-withdraw. the plaintiff itself can file a motion to withdraw the complaint, or pwede magkaroon ng settlement sa mediation or pwede magkaroon ng compromise agreement na i-aaprove ng koret.

4. no, hindi sya pwedeng ikulong. however, pwede makuha yung mga gamit nya in case matalo sya sa kaso. at kung talagang me preliminary attachment, meron mga properties nya na kukunin. so again, its best to get a lawyer.

Thanks a lot. I will tell my friend about it.

Re: electric bill

First things first - there is no such thing as a free lunch.

In other words, hindi libre yung ginagamit mong kuryente. Hindi rin magkakabit ng kuryente ang MERALCO papunta sa subdivision ng walang metro (the fact that they connected a "submeter" implies that there is a main meter which measures how much electricity is consumed by the subdivision)). You have an obligation to pay for the electricity you are consuming. Just make sure that the bill states the correct amount of electricity you have consumed and that your payment will really go to MERALCO to be credited to your electric consumption.

Re: Water bill

Again, you have an obligation to pay for the water you consumed. Even if the bill is in a different name, if the meter number is correct, i.e. the bill really is for your house, you still have to pay. If you want the bill to be in your name, the best thing to do is to call up the water utility company and ask for the procedure in having the account pertaining to your house placed in your name, so you can then have subsequent bills in your name.

situation:

i bought house and lot... walang poste ng meralco... walang kuntador... electricity paid by the company/clubhouse who owns the subd... so free elec for several months... they put a "sab meter"... the thing that reads how much elec you consume... now they sent me a bill for elec... i heard thay dont have the right to collect payment for elec... only meralco can do that... what to do!?!

another thing... same house and lot... water bill that comes to me is under a different name... maybe name of someone who put a downpayment before but backed out the last minute... what to do... tnx in advance

You could ask your lawyer to file a "Motion for the Speedy Resolution" of the case to remind the ponente of the pendency of the case. However, some lawyers are hesitant in filing this kind of motion on the fear that it might just irritate the justice assigned to the case. Also, I don't really think it will expedite the case as the Supreme Court really does things on its own time. Besides, if it's just the resolution of an MR (which does not raise any new issues), the decision on it should be coming out soon (unless the MR pointed out some things which really muddle the issue, as these would then require some study)

Another one of those we called delaying tactics :grr: anyway, thanks man.

_Pabling, thanks for the Win Vista link.

guys, if I have a Win Vista as my OS and later on it proved to have many loopholes, can I overwrite it is XP Media? what are the ramifications?

Yes you simply can, OS are just the same as other programs you use, you can simply uninstall & reinstall whatever you want, just make sure to have all your device drivers for both OS. :cool:

haay... new OS = unstable

isip isip lang mga kapatid...

I agree with you that new OS = unstable, but it's just like the other OS & programs but later on fixes will come out just like service packs for windows... We have two options mga bros, 1st is to try the new stuff as they are released at the same time experience & wait for the bugs & fixes to come out or to wait for a while until the bugs are fixed. :cool:

Re: electric bill

First things first - there is no such thing as a free lunch.

In other words, hindi libre yung ginagamit mong kuryente. Hindi rin magkakabit ng kuryente ang MERALCO papunta sa subdivision ng walang metro (the fact that they connected a "submeter" implies that there is a main meter which measures how much electricity is consumed by the subdivision)). You have an obligation to pay for the electricity you are consuming. Just make sure that the bill states the correct amount of electricity you have consumed and that your payment will really go to MERALCO to be credited to your electric consumption.

Re: Water bill

Again, you have an obligation to pay for the water you consumed. Even if the bill is in a different name, if the meter number is correct, i.e. the bill really is for your house, you still have to pay. If you want the bill to be in your name, the best thing to do is to call up the water utility company and ask for the procedure in having the account pertaining to your house placed in your name, so you can then have subsequent bills in your name.

tnx for the input... i know the "free lunch thing"... i'm more concerned about whose right is it to collect the elec bill... if the owner of the subd really dont want to pay the bill for the whole subd, then put up an elec post and kuntador... i have no problem paying as long as i know it is correct... the subd owner has a reputation also of "padding" the bill... dinadagdagan kumabaga... all houses in the subd are not paying a cent for their elec bill because of the same reason...

the water thing... why do i have to to the water company to fix things... isn't it the subd job to make sure everything is in order???... again, tnx in advance for the help...

Yes you simply can, OS are just the same as other programs you use, you can simply uninstall & reinstall whatever you want, just make sure to have all your device drivers for both OS. :cool:

Actually... I wouldn't jump the gun on this. Vista will for sure allow you to install itself on top of XP, but MS has never really given a roll back of the OS that has really been reliable. What you would have to do is first remove Vista, and then install XP again. That's 3 hours at least right there....

And NO... Operating Systems are not like any other programs. There are System Programs which inculde OS, and then there are Application Programs which inculde your word, excel, etc...

Any suggestion?

Does the folder still contain any files? How big?

Btw... memory is RAM and Hard Disk space is storage. Freeing up disk storage doesnt give you better memory... unless you're talking about Virtual Memory for swap files. But then doesnt really help...

Hi folks!!!! I dont know if this would be a legal matter or not but this sure is a problem though.. Kung mali po ung napasukan ko pki redirect n lng po ako, gusto lang maresolve ung aming problem... Here it goes.... Ung younger bro ko po kc (24yrs old) e ang asawa po nya is ung tita ko na mas matanda sa amin dalawa.. Ang nangyari po kasi e medyo my katigasan ung ulo ng kapatid ko eto nmn tita ko na teacher pa nmn whose running a tutorial business in cavite e tinukso ung kapatid ko na dapat e syang nag aakay sa aking kapatid kc nga tita sya, akala namin tlgang swit lang tpos un pla nhalata n lng namin na parang may namamagitan na tapos nung tanungin namin e yon!!!! naloko na ang pamilya, nalaman ng father ko na nasa ibang bansa kelan lng and he asked me to seek legal help para matigil n ung kalokohan ng dalawa.. anu po b ung mga dapat gawin? Ang masama pa nito is parang natanggap na cla ng mga iba kong tita sa mother's side kc parang ginagamitan ng pera ng tita kong teacher. Ung mother ko nmn alam ko di rin nya tanggap un nga lang walang mgawa kc anak nya ung involved. walang alam ung mga relatives namin sa father's side...... PLS HELP PO!!!! THANK YOU PO MR. OWNER IN ADVANCE!!!!

tulong lang mga atty.,

me nabili akong house and lot sa isang bagong developed na subdivsion. sabi nung developer, magkakaroon daw ng supply g tubig in 1 month.

3 months na kami, wala pa rin tubig sa bahay namin. gusto na namin kasuhan ang developer sa danyos na dala ng pangako nila.

ano po, me laban ba kami? anong dapat gawin? pwede pa bang maisoli sa amin ang bayad at alis na lang kami? salamat po

Hi folks!!!! I dont know if this would be a legal matter or not but this sure is a problem though.. Kung mali po ung napasukan ko pki redirect n lng po ako, gusto lang maresolve ung aming problem... Here it goes.... Ung younger bro ko po kc (24yrs old) e ang asawa po nya is ung tita ko na mas matanda sa amin dalawa.. Ang nangyari po kasi e medyo my katigasan ung ulo ng kapatid ko eto nmn tita ko na teacher pa nmn whose running a tutorial business in cavite e tinukso ung kapatid ko na dapat e syang nag aakay sa aking kapatid kc nga tita sya, akala namin tlgang swit lang tpos un pla nhalata n lng namin na parang may namamagitan na tapos nung tanungin namin e yon!!!! naloko na ang pamilya, nalaman ng father ko na nasa ibang bansa kelan lng and he asked me to seek legal help para matigil n ung kalokohan ng dalawa.. anu po b ung mga dapat gawin? Ang masama pa nito is parang natanggap na cla ng mga iba kong tita sa mother's side kc parang ginagamitan ng pera ng tita kong teacher. Ung mother ko nmn alam ko di rin nya tanggap un nga lang walang mgawa kc anak nya ung involved. walang alam ung mga relatives namin sa father's side...... PLS HELP PO!!!! THANK YOU PO MR. OWNER IN ADVANCE!!!!

clarify ko lang...

mag-asawa as in kasal na sila?

tita? paano naging tita? how related sa kapatid mo?

d cla kasal... nag lilive in.. sorry... tita as in tita kapatid ng mother namin.. help pleeeeaasseee!!!! Thank you sa reply....

kung ganun pala, i am very sad to say na wala kayo magagawa.

una, 24 years old na kapatid mo. nasa tamang edad na sya. kung minor pa sana sya, ibang usapan yun

pangalawa, hindi sila kasal, so walang problema yun. ibang usapan din sana kung mag asawa sila o me asawa ang isa sa kanila.

bottomline, although immoral ang ginagawa nila, wala tayong legal na pamamaraan na paghiwalayin sila, maliban sa na pakiusap na kusang maghiwalay sila.

sensha na bro.

(legal opinion ko lang ito, baka me ibang nakakaalam kung meron kayong laban sa kanila)

Edited by jopoc
kung ganun pala, i am very sad to say na wala kayo magagawa.

una, 24 years old na kapatid mo. nasa tamang edad na sya. kung minor pa sana sya, ibang usapan yun

pangalawa, hindi sila kasal, so walang problema yun. ibang usapan din sana kung mag asawa sila o me asawa ang isa sa kanila.

bottomline, although immoral ang ginagawa nila, wala tayong legal na pamamaraan na paghiwalayin sila, maliban sa na pakiusap na kusang maghiwalay sila.

sensha na bro.

(legal opinion ko lang ito, baka me ibang nakakaalam kung meron kayong laban sa kanila)

Thanks a lot! Guess we have to live with it huh? It looks like my tita's giving my bro everything he wants(wlang trabaho ung bro ko), she makes her money work, that applies to other relatives as well kaya di namin makuha ung full support nila para mabuwag cla... ask ung Father ko kung pde daw b tanggalan ng licence ung tita ko for morality issues.. Thanks talaga sa reply chief!!!