Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

This is also the same thing people said before Win XP was released, but look at XP now, it turned to be a common standard OS nowadays whether you use your PC for business, mainframe or just simple home use for playing pacman and even older games. We must face the truth that technology is fast evolving to change how we do our daily routines. You might say it's an overkill at the moment but whether you like it or not all upcoming technologies will be designed to run on Win Vista for these manufacturers and programmers to earn profit and continue with their business just like what they did from Win 98 - ME - XP. i'm not opposing you just for the sake of argument but my point is Technology is fast evolving and these technologies are being developed to cope up with every man's needs when they use these machines. So why limit yourself with the current technology if you can afford to buy the upcoming new ones, after all it's where we're all heading to. Peace bro :cool:

When did Microsoft come out with a Mainframe OS?

That's because XP wasn't stable when they first released it. Actually, if you think about it, or if you were already there during the mid 90s when they claimed DOS was dead... none of the OS' that came from Microsoft was ever stable during the time of their golden release. That is why it is never advisable to jump in the bandwagon of "new software", specially if it's from Microsoft.

If you want a simple rule of thumb, always wait at least after the first service pack before you try it out. From someone who has been involved a lot in developing and shipping out software to the market.... quality is never the highest priority when they determine the release date.

It's worth noting though that Vista has some potentially nice features. Like the removal of Power Users which Microsoft has been trying to k*ll for several years. But have you read their new EULA (End User License Agreement)? The conditions are ridiculous.

This is also the same thing people said before Win XP was released, but look at XP now, it turned to be a common standard OS nowadays whether you use your PC for business, mainframe or just simple home use for playing pacman and even older games. We must face the truth that technology is fast evolving to change how we do our daily routines. You might say it's an overkill at the moment but whether you like it or not all upcoming technologies will be designed to run on Win Vista for these manufacturers and programmers to earn profit and continue with their business just like what they did from Win 98 - ME - XP. i'm not opposing you just for the sake of argument but my point is Technology is fast evolving and these technologies are being developed to cope up with every man's needs when they use these machines. So why limit yourself with the current technology if you can afford to buy the upcoming new ones, after all it's where we're all heading to. Peace bro :cool:

When did Microsoft come out with a Mainframe OS?

That's because XP wasn't stable when they first released it. Actually, if you think about it, or if you were already there during the mid 90s when they claimed DOS was dead... none of the OS' that came from Microsoft was ever stable during the time of their golden release. That is why it is never advisable to jump in the bandwagon of "new software", specially if it's from Microsoft.

If you want a simple rule of thumb, always wait at least after the first service pack before you try it out. From someone who has been involved a lot in developing and shipping out software to the market.... quality is never the highest priority when they determine the release date.

It's worth noting though that Vista has some potentially nice features. Like the removal of Power Users which Microsoft has been trying to k*ll for several years. But have you read their new EULA (End User License Agreement)? The conditions are ridiculous.

OT na tayo mga gurus. No harm done. Bsta i don't like VISTA. Mac OS pwede pa o kaya linux.

guys thanks again and i much appreciated all insights. very constructive naman lahat and i am glad this thread really has a lot of technology experts willing to share their valuable inputs.

pwede padagdag tanong : i read about blue ray dvd, is this in any way into the laptop market already? are all dvd drives region free? which brands are? sorry sa kulit ng tanong ko but i am really trying to learn as much with the new technology in laptop.

guys thanks again and i much appreciated all insights. very constructive naman lahat and i am glad this thread really has a lot of technology experts willing to share their valuable inputs.

pwede padagdag tanong : i read about blue ray dvd, is this in any way into the laptop market already? are all dvd drives region free? which brands are? sorry sa kulit ng tanong ko but i am really trying to learn as much with the new technology in laptop.

It's ok to ask as long as you learn from the answers you get here. Until now i haven't seen blue ray drives available on laptops but I read one laptop specs with blue ray drive on it I just can't quite remember if it's SONY or HP brand. about the DVD drive regions, all DVD drives are region free whatever brand it is because these drives are all created to be generic DVD reader and nowadays mostly DVD reader-writer so whatever region is your disc it will be read on a PC because I already tried this. I also had an experience of repairing my DVD player, it was an unbranded DVD player from the US which my aunt gave me as a gift, there was a time when this home player was not reading anymore so I decided to look inside before I dump it to buy a new one and when I opened the cover a saw a Samsung slim-type 8x DVD drive inside my player, the circuitry is very simple the drive is connected to the power using the same connectors on a PC and the same IDE cable but the cable is just connected to a small piece of circuitry maybe that's where the interface and the firmware of the player was installed on. I tried to replace the drive on my player with my DVD drive from my PC then all of a sudden it played a movie when I tested it, I tried to test the samsung drive on my PC and it also didn't read anything so I found out that it was the drive itself that had a problem. I went to quiapo and looked for electronics scrap retailers, I bought a same size and type of DVD drive luckily it fitted in the drive mounting where the samsung drive was installed and until now that very same DVD player is still working at home. Sorry for the long story but I just remembered this experience that I had which made me say that all DVD drives are created generically to read & read-write, I guess the region settings on home players are programmed on a circuitry or firmware inside the player itself and not on the drive. I hope this helps :cool:

ssirn2000,

very much so. yeah, US home players suck. i am so happy to know that all DVD drives are region free. see, i am planning to buy a DVD (concert) available only in UK and most reviews said they were unable to play it in their US branded home players. so i am thinking, might as well try it in DVD driver. actually, later on in my research, i did found a review for the same disc in a yahoogroup saying that he was able to play it in his computer drive, which is congruent to your experience. thanks for sharing and amen to quiapo! haha!

revivals/remakes are ok as long as:

1) they don't cover it note for note. If they do that, then the whole point of the "revival" is gone. It's not a revival anymore, it's more like a karaoke version, it also shows 0 talent, and 0 creativity from whoever does the cover. A lot of artists/bands put their own spin on things and makes the song theirs.

2) Make sure that you get it right.

3) don't make your whole album a catalog of covers. that's just plain lazy and insulting to the listener. be f*cking artistic for god's sake!

The best ang Vista...especially yung security features nila(UAC, Parental Control, Anti-phising filder, built-in anti-spyware)..files and programs cannot easily run in your computer because of UAC.. And have you seen it's Aero?? Medyo mtaas nga lng requirements pro worth it naman eh..

The best para sken yung pearl search ng Vista...you can easily access all your programs..

Jopoc's observation is very true, collection agencies can get very desperate by doing sly stuff to get their debtors to pay. Among others, they threaten a debtor with a criminal suit, which inappropriate given the nature of the problem. Unfortunately for Creditor banks, most of the debts are civil in nature and therefore will not merit the criminal case and the warrants that they bring. Worse, the debts are below the 100,000 pesos threshold which would not be worth one's day in court. A civil case runs into at least P 200,000 pesos under today's legal fees, so these guys resort to weird stuff. I'm not encouraging anyone to be a deadbeat (or balasubas in our language) because it makes the cost of credit, which we all pay, very high. But these are the facts of life my friends. :zorro:

In behalf of my friend, thank you very much vincechase for taking time to reply to this inquiry.

Yes true enough it's a credit card thing. Personally, I cant believe the government tolerates this sort of collection practice inspite of BSP's circular 454 whic specifically states such actions is deemed un-acceptible.

pa-help po... why is it that everytime i click on the mozilla browser eto yung lumalabas

"firefox is already running, but is not responding. to open a new window, you must first close the existing firefox process, or restart your system"

hadunu what to to anymore... thanks po!

pa-help po... why is it that everytime i click on the mozilla browser eto yung lumalabas

"firefox is already running, but is not responding. to open a new window, you must first close the existing firefox process, or restart your system"

hadunu what to to anymore... thanks po!

the problem may be with a locked profile. try this link: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser_will_not_start_up

ssirn2000,

very much so. yeah, US home players suck. i am so happy to know that all DVD drives are region free. see, i am planning to buy a DVD (concert) available only in UK and most reviews said they were unable to play it in their US branded home players. so i am thinking, might as well try it in DVD driver. actually, later on in my research, i did found a review for the same disc in a yahoogroup saying that he was able to play it in his computer drive, which is congruent to your experience. thanks for sharing and amen to quiapo! haha!

Talagang ganyan lang bro sino pa ba magtutulungan kundi tayong mga MTCers diba just keep on learning, technology has so many things to offer us, it's just a matter of knowing what's new and what's good :cool:

Happy new year everyone!

Anyway, I have a question, my brother finally won a case in the Supreme Court against his school when he was in 4th grade concerning a quasi-delict or negligence by the school. BTW, after 15 years from the RTC to the CA and finally the SC, we have finally attained justice although it is seemingly slow.

Now here lies the problem, the school filed a motion for reconsideration on the SC decision and our lawyer already filed its answer. Now 1 year has passed and no action has been undertaken by the SC. What else can we do aside from waiting so this can be finished?

BTW, if im going to talk about ironic justice, one of the owners of the school happens to be the spouse of the other owner. The very day when the SC handed down its decision the said spouse died of a severe ailment.

any vb programmers?

im a comsci student trying to learn on how to use Crystal Reports in VB6...

kaso ala me mahanap na reliable tutorials and articles na magtuturo ng step by step kung

paano gumamit ng Crystal Reports...

does anyone know which book or ebook does a thorough tutorial on Crystal Reports 9

that includes how to use it in VB6 programs?

You could ask your lawyer to file a "Motion for the Speedy Resolution" of the case to remind the ponente of the pendency of the case. However, some lawyers are hesitant in filing this kind of motion on the fear that it might just irritate the justice assigned to the case. Also, I don't really think it will expedite the case as the Supreme Court really does things on its own time. Besides, if it's just the resolution of an MR (which does not raise any new issues), the decision on it should be coming out soon (unless the MR pointed out some things which really muddle the issue, as these would then require some study)

Happy new year everyone!

Anyway, I have a question, my brother finally won a case in the Supreme Court against his school when he was in 4th grade concerning a quasi-delict or negligence by the school. BTW, after 15 years from the RTC to the CA and finally the SC, we have finally attained justice although it is seemingly slow.

Now here lies the problem, the school filed a motion for reconsideration on the SC decision and our lawyer already filed its answer. Now 1 year has passed and no action has been undertaken by the SC. What else can we do aside from waiting so this can be finished?

BTW, if im going to talk about ironic justice, one of the owners of the school happens to be the spouse of the other owner. The very day when the SC handed down its decision the said spouse died of a severe ailment.