Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

There is no problem in using a "Trust Agreement" for this. Kaya lang, ang legal principle na applicable dito ay "the contract is what the law defines it to be, and not what it is called by the contracting parties." In other words, kahit ano pa ang title ng dokumento niyo, kung ito ay utangan talaga, "Contract of Loan" pa rin siya.

to our legal eagles here... i'd like to ask if a "TRUST AGREEMENT" may be used for an agreement between a party lending money to another party... what's the repercussions of using this means as a contract between the two... thanks in advance to your replies... :):):)

Firstly, look at the Articles of Partnership and see what it says on how to dissolve the partnership. If it says that a partner can just end the partnership like that, wala kayonmg magagawa.

Kung walang ganung provision (and assuming na wala namang specific term or period yung partnership nyo; or that it is for a specific undertaking) pwede rin siyang umatras without any liability on his part kung meron siyang valid reason (see Art. 1831(1b) of the Civil Code.

At kahit wala siyang valid reason, pwede pa rin siyang umatras sa usapan nyo, altho magiging liable nga lang siya for damages (see Art. 1830(2) in relation to Art. 1837, Civil Code).

Kung meron kayong mga share sa kinita ng partnership, pwede nyo yun i-claim.

Hi MTC lawyers!

Advice naman po, thanks in advance.

This is about ending a corporate partnership, our partner who has majority of shares told us that we have to end our partnership. We are into this contracting business and all of the capital money was his. Money matters are controlled mostly by him and technical matters are assigned to me (and two other partners). My impression is like he is saying "you're fired!"

My questions are: 1) What are the basic or legal procedures ba for sort of things? What are the reasonable claims that we should ask for?

Many thanks.

c'mmon you guys...where do i endable autoplay???how???

Try what blueboy suggested or follow these steps:

Make sure that the AutoPlay feature is enabled in the registry:

Click Start, and then click Run.

Type regedit, and then click OK.

In Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom

In the right pane, go to step g if the value for Autorun is 1.

If the value for Autorun is 0, right-click Autorun, and then click Modify.

In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, type 1 under Value data, and then click OK.

A value of 0xb5 in the following registry key turns off the AutoRun feature for CDs:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoDriveTypeAutoRun

You must set the hexadecimal value to 91 to enable the AutoRun feature.

On the File menu, click Exit.

If AutoRun is enabled in the registry, make sure that your CD-ROM driver is current:

Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.

In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, and then right-click the CD-ROM drive that you want to update. Click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest driver for your CD-ROM drive.

Test to determine if the issue is resolved. If the issue is resolved, do not complete the remaining step. If the issue is not resolved, go to step 6.

HTH

Paano ba malalaman kung sira na yung router, I'm using Linksys BEFSR41 ver 3, bought the unit 1 year and 8 mos ago brand new from PC express, using meridian telekoms aka. smartbro, I have reinstalled the setup wizard then updated the firmware, if directly nakakonek ang internet sa single pc at nag piping ako sa meridian walang request time out at destination unreachable in short ok, without using the router, pero kapag kinabit ko na sa router may putol na sa ibang pc? Posible kaya na mabagal lang ang connection knowing this amazing smart ISP, kasi lately ko lang naeexperience ito about 3 weeks ago ganun nangyayari then after 1 week ok na uli tapos ngayon paputol putol na naman.

another question nakaobtain automatic naman ang LAN config ko and Dynamic IP ang meridian. Bakit nde na nakikita nang ibang computer sa network ang ibang pc while before nakikita naman, sa Lan games naman nagkokonek like DOTA, counterstrike, Rakion, and etc, using Win Xp Sp1. Please advice

Kabibili ko lang ng router BEFSR41 ver 4.1 about one week ago, ISP meridian aka. smartbro, binigyan ako ng static IP, initially ok naman ang performance ng router for 3 days assigning local ip like 192.168.XX, LAN games, Online games browsing internet ok lahat, then suddenly nagblink yung power light then pagnagblink nagdidisconnect ang mga pc's specially pag lan at online games, sabi ng website nila sa firmware maaring makatulong, so download uli tapos upgrade, pag directly nakakonek yung router sa isang pc ok nman pero kapag ikokonek ko na yung router sa power switch CNET CSH-2400 24port, at may nag lan at online games nagdidiskonek pa rin, OS Win xp sp1, number of PC's 15. Please help.

Sirs, my female friend has been the subject of continuous harassment by her ex-bf by way of calls, txt msgs and chat msgs. The bf wants her back eventhough the girl had expressly told the guy that she doesn't want him anymore. Sadly, he even used MTC as a vehicle for his intimidations by posting their most intimate moments in one of the forums here and promising to release more for the whole world to see unless she capitulates to his demands. Of late, the guy was also able to hack into the net accounts (Yahoo Mail, MySpace, Hotmail, Friendster, YM, etc.) of the girl and has either deleted the accounts or changed the passwords so that my friend has no more access to any of them. Currently, she's depressed and suicide has even crossed her mind because of the shame and would-be scandal caused by the pics. My question is, could my friend already ask for police assistance or at least have the guy blottered? What other options does she have? Thanks a lot for the help guys!

I think by contacting the MTC admin, you can have info on hoe to prevent the posts. Anyways, about that guy, why not give him a taste of his own medicine? These are the type of things that the long arm of the law can reach but would take time to grasp. I'm not saying you take the law into your own hands. But the last time I was blackmailed, the guy ended up eating a full roll of films and a casette tape. Literally. Since then, no more harassment. Oh, did I say that it was the brother of my ex? hehehe

It can hold less than 9gb of files.

But what kind of series are you gonna be compiling?

if its gonna be a 10-episode one, maybe you have to rip it to a much lower compression before compiling for it to fit in a dual layer.

i'm not after dual layer.. just regular DVD.. yung bang mga series na nabuy sa quiapo is dual layer.??? whats gud software to burn MPEG or AVI to DVD format?

my father was an american citizen, all his finances are in the US. My sister is in the US also, that's why when my father died she was the one who managed all the things that my father left. It's just a couple of thousand dollars.

there might be some chances but you will only have to worry aboout implementing it. Your father is an american citizen yet he is a Filipino by birth correct? in that case, he may have dual citizenship and the law considered on the amount of successional rights may be Philippine law. This is only a possibility. You can file an intestate proceeding here so that the proper hatian or portion will be given to you. As you know, a probate proceeding kasi is basically an action in rem. that is, an action enforceable against the whole world. As an exception to juridictional limits, you can ask the local court to grant you extraterritorial aids. However, as i said the implementation is the problem kasi kahit na madetermine mo yung amount na dapat sa iyo, di mo ma-corner sister mo kasi wala siyang gamit or property dito. May chances ba makapunta ka sa US?

Sirs, my female friend has been the subject of continuous harassment by her ex-bf by way of calls, txt msgs and chat msgs. The bf wants her back eventhough the girl had expressly told the guy that she doesn't want him anymore. Sadly, he even used MTC as a vehicle for his intimidations by posting their most intimate moments in one of the forums here and promising to release more for the whole world to see unless she capitulates to his demands. Of late, the guy was also able to hack into the net accounts (Yahoo Mail, MySpace, Hotmail, Friendster, YM, etc.) of the girl and has either deleted the accounts or changed the passwords so that my friend has no more access to any of them. Currently, she's depressed and suicide has even crossed her mind because of the shame and would-be scandal caused by the pics. My question is, could my friend already ask for police assistance or at least have the guy blottered? What other options does she have? Thanks a lot for the help guys!

lufwaffe, under the new developments of the law, stalking is already a crime. Your friend's ex bf may be qualified as a stalker since having prevuious dating relationship as defined under the law is, among others, a very important element. Your friend could ask for police assistance.

Firstly, look at the Articles of Partnership and see what it says on how to dissolve the partnership. If it says that a partner can just end the partnership like that, wala kayonmg magagawa.

Kung walang ganung provision (and assuming na wala namang specific term or period yung partnership nyo; or that it is for a specific undertaking) pwede rin siyang umatras without any liability on his part kung meron siyang valid reason (see Art. 1831(1b) of the Civil Code.

At kahit wala siyang valid reason, pwede pa rin siyang umatras sa usapan nyo, altho magiging liable nga lang siya for damages (see Art. 1830(2) in relation to Art. 1837, Civil Code).

Kung meron kayong mga share sa kinita ng partnership, pwede nyo yun i-claim.

Sir rocco69, maraming maraming salamat sa advice, Mabuhay kayo!

There is no problem in using a "Trust Agreement" for this. Kaya lang, ang legal principle na applicable dito ay "the contract is what the law defines it to be, and not what it is called by the contracting parties." In other words, kahit ano pa ang title ng dokumento niyo, kung ito ay utangan talaga, "Contract of Loan" pa rin siya.

thanks pareng rocco69 for the info... highly appreciated... :):):)

to our legal eagles here... i'd like to ask if a "TRUST AGREEMENT" may be used for an agreement between a party lending money to another party... what's the repercussions of using this means as a contract between the two... thanks in advance to your replies... :):):)

Why use a Trust Agreement at all? The most basic document to a loan transaction is a Promissory Note (PN), a simple and universally accepted proof of debt. As said earlier, if the contract was drawn up like a PN or loan agreement, it will be considered to be so. Why mislabel it as a trust which is another contractual matter altogether? The repercussions are it gives the contracting parties room for contesting that it is in fact a loan transaction. If you are trying to avoid documentary stamps, disclosure statements, etc. well, there are better ways to do this.

dual citizenship po ang dad ko, so paano po? may possibility pa ba yun?

makakapag file ka pero problema mo kung paano e -enforce yun kung mananalo ka, baka kasi mapagatos ka lang. unless na may pera sister mo dito sa pilipinas pwede natin ipa garnish to satify your due o kaya property na ipaattach kaya mas maganda kng sa america ma file. di kasi pwede habulin ng batas natin kasi territorial ang enforcement dyan. :D

hello there.... just wanna ask kung sino may kilala sa nso(national statistic office)?? i got a problem kasi sa birth certificate ko(last letter ng surname ko pati sa mom and dad ko ganun)... and nalaman ko sa cousin ko (had the same problem) na it took her a year bago na ayos yung sa kanya..of course naghire sya ng lawyer... nag attend sya ng hearing twice...and it cost her 20 thousand all in all.... (yaiks :( ) dapat kasi i- fix as early as possible cuz i really need to get a visa kasi...now,kaya ako nag aask about anyone fron nso is para mapabilis yung process(pwede a month?or less than?) ...o does anyone knows how to make it fast lang kahit walang kilala sa loob ng nso.....pls need to know po..thanks

note:

nung college ako prob ko na sa registrar yun..pero hindi sa surname ko...kundi sa bir thday ko nung una.cuz yung day is binura and pinatungan lang using a pen ng mom ko...nung kumuha ako ng copy sa munisipyo ok naman pala sa date ng birthday but sa surname naman nagkaproblem...which dun sa old certificate na hawak namin is wala naman prob...kakainis naguguluhan ako.... :wacko:

Hi Kizzite! Changing a letter in the surname may not be considered as a simple typographical error which can be done administratively. If you have the surname changed (yes, even by changing a letter), you may have to go to court to petition the Local Civil Registrar to correct your birth certificate. I don't know if it can be done just through the NSO. I'll try to ask around.

yup...but i still got my old certificate na dont huv problem sa surname....pwede ba iconsider yun??? :cry: ... i thought

kasi wala nang prob kasi ok naman dun sa unang problema which is yung sa sa day ng birthday ko....tapos bigla na lang napunta sa surname.... i even got a copy sa nso,ayun!!! kung ano yung nakuha ko na copy sa munisipyo ganun din sya...which is iba naman sa old certificate na hawak ko.... tingin nyo??? mahabang process ba yung pag ayos nun?? aprox how much ba dapat ihanda ko.... gusto ko sana yung mabilis.....pls pls.... meri xmas nyo na lang po.... :cry:

hello...

let me get this staright, yung old birth cert mo, mali yung bday, pero yung bago, tama na ang bday pero mali and surname?

kasi kung surname lang ang mali, tulad ng sinabi ni doc pepper, you just have to file it sa local civil registrat mo. pero kung bday ang mali, kahit typo yan, medyo malaki problem natin. hindi yan naayos sa simpleng administrative action. me judicial hearing pa yan.

eniwey, kung speed ang problem mo, i suggest na start working on it now. looking for an insider sa NSO might just end up a waste of time. mas mabuti maghanap ka na lang ng kilala sa LCR.

in any way, consulting or acquiring the services of a lawyer to assist you will definitely be a plus. yes, there may be expenses (unless you get a pro-bono), pero it will really be a lot of help on your part..

Assuming na law student ka, the best book on ObliCon is...

The book being used by your prof in making exams, and where he draws questions for recitation in class. Para naman maganda ang grade mo sa recitation (kung wala namang weight sa prof mo ang recitation, di yung librong ginagamit niya para sa exams). Note that some profs announce what book will be the reference during the sem but they use the examples/illustrations from a different book for exams (what a dirty trick!). Kung sarili niyang exam questions, malas mo! (Get old exams from upperclassmen na lang)

For other purposes, as stated by Dr. Pepper, Paras is easy to read, while Tolentino exhaustively discusses the topic. Kumbaga sa encyclopedia, si Paras ay Colliers habang si Tolentino ay Encyclopedia Brittanica.

I syuggest you use the book preferred by your prof, then, when it comes to provisions that you have difficulty in understanding, read Paras together with the book you are using.

this coincides

I would like to ask your opinion on what is the best book on obligations and contracts and who is the author? Jurado? Tolentino?, etc.

Thanks