Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

I am having a really serious problem w/ my system. I've checked almost everything to no avail

Any help would be much appreciated...

The system has slowed down to a crawl. Before it can run smoothly even with a multitude of programs running simultaneously! Before, I could even run Photoshop, Premiere and surf the web at the same time. But now, it feels like my system is crippled. I have an old AMD K62 500Mhz, 64mb ram pc w/c has an XP installed and even that, runs better that my newer pc :(

I've checked for Spyware (using Ad Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy) and for Viruses (using AVG antivirus and several online scanners). I also ran Registry Mechanic and System Mechanic. At first the system seems to have been revived back to its optimum performance but after some time, it would slow down again. :cry:

I'm all out of solutions

Is there anything else I could do aside from reinstalling XP? I think my hard drive is slowing down the system. Any way to verify that? Maybe there is some program or service that constantly checks on the HD slowing the system down.

Here are my system specs:

P4 2.4Ghz

512mb ddr333

Inno3d Geforce 6600 256mb ddr

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have 2 HDDs (both 80gigs, 7200rpm)

I've already ran all the diagnostics. As of the moment, there aren't any errors on the system except for the fact that its uber slow

All the other hardware has been checked. CPU temp is ok, its not overheating or anything. I think the prob is more on software than hardware. I really don't want to give up by reinstalling windows because I think it would also be a great deal to find out what the culprit is.

Worst case scenario, do you think it would be a good idea to just repair windows? or should I do a clean install? But I really want that to be a last option.

I am having a really serious problem w/ my system. I've checked almost everything to no avail

The system has slowed down to a crawl. Before it can run smoothly even with a multitude of programs running simultaneously! Before, I could even run Photoshop, Premiere and surf the web at the same time. But now, it feels like my system is crippled. I have an old AMD K62 500Mhz, 64mb ram pc w/c has an XP installed and even that, runs better that my newer pc  :(

I've checked for Spyware (using Ad Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy) and for Viruses (using AVG antivirus and several online scanners). I also ran Registry Mechanic and System Mechanic. At first the system seems to have been revived back to its optimum performance but after some time, it would slow down again.  :cry:

I'm all out of solutions 

Is there anything else I could do aside from reinstalling XP? I think my hard drive is slowing down the system. Any way to verify that? Maybe there is some program or service that constantly checks on the HD slowing the system down.

P4 2.4Ghz

512mb ddr333

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

I've already ran all the diagnostics. As of the moment, there aren't any errors on the system except for the fact that its uber slow

All the other hardware has been checked. CPU temp is ok, its not overheating or anything. I think the prob is more on software than hardware. I really don't want to give up by reinstalling windows because I think it would also be a great deal to find out what the culprit is.

Worst case scenario, do you think it would be a good idea to just repair windows? or should I do a clean install? But I really want that to be a last option.

Here what i used to do

you might be able to check what slows down your system

1st try this>>>> press ctrl+del >>> task manager then click tab processes click username to rearrange the apps in order

check what apps uses more cpu and mem usage you can also check the program running on your pc if of use to you or thier is a script running.......remove all script created by virus via your registry or via updated anti-virus (mcaffee or norton is recommended)....

try mo din to... check mo kung me enough space and Hard disk mo

if one of the disk runs out of space or below one gig this might cause hangs and slows down your pc performance-- base on experience

at trymo din ito run chkdsk /x on you harddisk

The system has slowed down to a crawl. Before it can run smoothly even with a multitude of programs running simultaneously! Before, I could even run Photoshop, Premiere and surf the web at the same time. But now, it feels like my system is crippled. I have an old AMD K62 500Mhz, 64mb ram pc w/c has an XP installed and even that, runs better that my newer pc  :(

I've checked for Spyware (using Ad Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy) and for Viruses (using AVG antivirus and several online scanners). I also ran Registry Mechanic and System Mechanic. At first the system seems to have been revived back to its optimum performance but after some time, it would slow down again.  :cry:

I'm all out of solutions 

P4 2.4Ghz

512mb ddr333

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Worst case scenario I recommend a clean install of windows (though I haven't tried the windows repair option, I haven't heard of any techie who recommends it).

For now, you can check your computer for memory resident programs by opening the task manager menu via ctrl+alt+del as pointed earlier. Please do check your startup folder too for programs that load upon windows boot-up.

One last tip is to use the defragment utility. A fragmented hard drive could really slow access times and the running of programs.

patulong nman po! mron po kc ako 2 pc sa bahay. gusto ko sana iconnect sa pldt mydsl ko. gusto ko rin sana magshare ng mga files... ang tawag ata d2 ay ICS... pero di ko alam kung pano pganahin.. nag search na ko sa internet pero di ko maintinfhan e... kylangan ko ata ng cross cable.. meron na po ako nun pero di ko alam kng pano iconfigure sa pc e... pa2long nman po

First get both of your PC's a lan card each.

Second buy yourself a lan cable and have it scrimped for PC to PC. (if memory serves with rj45 jacks at each end )

Third connect the two PCs using the above mentioned accesories.

Fourth, use the network setup wizard (for windows xp) to configure both PCs.

One PC should act as your primary server that opens your DSL connection while the other PC connects to the internet via your primary server.

First get both of your PC's a lan card each.

Second buy yourself a lan cable and have it scrimped for PC to PC. (if memory serves with rj45 jacks at each end )

Third connect the two PCs using the above mentioned accesories.

Fourth, use the network setup wizard (for windows xp) to configure both PCs.

One PC should act as your primary server that opens your DSL connection while the other PC connects to the internet via your primary server.

Meron na nga daw cross cable eh bakit pa mag crimp ng cable?

What you are trying to acheive is to do a proxy connection. And FYI, ICS is simply Internet Connection Sharing and Windows has a help file on this that is very straight forward. People should really know how to RTFM.

But before you even try sharing the internet connection, make sure you can first PING each other's IP address from each end.

I'm all out of solutions 

P4 2.4Ghz

512mb ddr333

It's possible that you have a lot of TSR programs and services running in the background that you dont even know of. Although going to the Task Manager to k*ll these apps will help, these apps will run again after the reboot unless you remove or disable them.

I suggest you install a firewall like ZoneAlarm and set it to a very restrictive profile. It will flag down any and all program that tries to do anything. Now that you know who and where they are... you can remove them easily.

approximately, how much would an annulment cost? would it matter if say, one had a civil wedding vis-a-vis a church wedding?

i am quite aware that cost would vary depending on the lawyer handling the case. vary in the sense that there are lawyers who want to help and there are those who want to make good money out of it. well, if the client is willing to pay, then i guess there's no problem about the costs incurred at all.

going back to my initial question, how much is damage to one's pocket?

thanks.

If I'm not mistaken the standard rates go for around 50k or more for a "package deal".

Over-all costst vary depending on your arrangement whether you go for a package deal, or broken d0wn into: acceptance + stage billings or acceptance + appearance fees+ cost, or hourly billings etc.

It wouldn't matter whether you had a civil wedding or a church wedding co'z under the law both weddings have the same status and legal effect.

If I'm not mistaken the standard rates go for around 50k or more for a "package deal".

Over-all costst vary depending on your arrangement whether you go for a package deal, or broken d0wn into: acceptance + stage billings or acceptance + appearance fees+ cost, or hourly billings etc.

It wouldn't matter whether you had a civil wedding or a church wedding co'z under the law both weddings have the same status and legal effect.

computer experts i have a question:

does a "dead" computer (no OS) recognize a dvd drive? i mean its a newly bought drive and just plugged in (without its drivers because there's no OS yet). how can you make the computer "recognize" it when there's no OS? will it show up in the CMOS?

i have redhat fedora core on a DVD and i wanna install it.

sorry po ha, i have little knowledge of computer hardware

Edited by hitomi

received this via email today.. totoo po ba to?

A woman's right to refuse

Please pass on to your wife , girlfriends; and ladies, you may want to

forward to any female relatives who may need to know this important

information

I was talking with a lawyer friend of mine. We were discussing the law and

women`s rights. She told me about this incident - a young girl was raped

by a man posing as a plain clothes officer; he asked her to come to the

police station when she and her male friend didn't have a driver`s license

to show. He sent the boy off to get his license and asked the girl to

accompany him to the police station. Took her instead to an isolated area

where the horrendous crime was committed.

Infact, the law clearly states that between 6 pm and 6am, a woman has the

right to REFUSE to go to the Police Station, even if an arrest warrant has

been issued against her. It is a procedural issue that a woman can be

arrested between 6pm and 6 am , ONLY if she is arrested by a woman officer

and taken to an ALL WOMEN police station. And if she is arrested by a male

officer, it has to be proven that a woman officer was on duty at the time

of arrest.

It is good for us to know our rights. To what extent it comes of use

remains to be seen in any situation. But as they say, knowledge is power.

Just thought I`d share this with you.

I did not know this and am sure lot of us will not know this- please be

informed..... And pass on this info to whom all u know.......

same din ba yan sa mga credit cards na hindi na binayaran??

kasi yung isa kong frend, tinawagan daw at baka puntahan daw sa bahay tapos pagkukunin ang mga gamit nya dun.. pwede ba yun??

As earlier pointed out by Jopoc, they could not take away the belongings of your friend in the absence of a court order. Nobody is allowed to take the law in their own hands (except in the movies).

A debt incurred with a credit card is similar except for the applicablilty of Access Devices Regualtion Act of 1998 (Republic Act 8484).

Be wary of the following salient provisions of RA8484 because a misstep could lead to a criminal conviction:

SECTION 9. Prohibited Acts. — The following acts shall constitute access device fraud and are hereby declared to be unlawful:

xxx

(j) obtaining money or anything of value through the use of an access device, with intent to defraud or with intent to gain and fleeing thereafter;

xx

SECTION 10. Penalties. — Any person committing any of the acts constituting access device fraud enumerated in the immediately preceding section shall be punished with:

(a) a fine of Ten thousand pesos (P10,000.00) or twice the value obtained by the offense, whichever is greater and imprisonment for not less than six (6) years and not more than ten (10) years, in the case of an offense under Section 9 (B)-(e), and (g)-(p) which does not occur after a conviction for another offense under Section 9;

xxx

SECTION 14. Presumption and prima facie evidence of intent to defraud. — The mere possession, control or custody of:

xxx

A cardholder who abandons or surreptitiously leaves the place of employment, business or residence stated in his application or credit card, without informing the credit card company of the place where he could actually be found, if at the time of such abandonment or surreptitious leaving, the outstanding and unpaid balance is past due for at least ninety (90) days and is more than Ten thousand pesos (P10,000.00), shall be prima facie presumed to have used his credit card with intent to defraud.

So unlike in the earlier case, you cannot just opt to become "inaccessible" if you intend to evade your credit card debt for that will only make the matters worse.

computer experts i have a question:

does a "dead" computer (no OS) recognize a dvd drive? i mean its a newly bought drive and just plugged in (without its drivers because there's no OS yet). how can you make the computer "recognize" it when there's no OS? will it show up in the CMOS?

i have redhat fedora core on a DVD and i wanna install it.

sorry po ha, i have little knowledge of computer hardware

If you are still struggling with issues like these.... I suggest you stay away from Linux flavors.

Section 1, Rule 74 of the 1997 Rules of Court:

Sec. 1. Extrajudicial settlement by agreement between heirs. - If the decedent left no will and no debts and the heirs are all of age, or the minors are represented by their judicial or legal...

...The fact of the extrajudicial settlement or administration shall be published in a newspaper of general circulation in the manner provided in the next succeeding section; but no extrajudicial settlement shall be binding upon any person who has not participated therein or had no notice thereof.

As to the deadline:

R.A. 8424 (Tax Reform Act of 1997) SEC. 90. Estate Tax Returns. -

(B) Time for Filing. - For the purpose of determining the estate tax provided for in Section 84 of this Code, the estate tax return required under the preceding Subsection (A) shall be filed within six (6) months from the decedent's death.

otherwise, you'll have to pay interest and penalty charges on the estate tax.

thanks for the reply sirs, very much appreciated. the law you psted sir agentjackbauer says something about a "bond", does this mean that you will pay something in addition to the estate tax or is this the same thing?

I'm all out of solutions 

P4 2.4Ghz

512mb ddr333

try booting to the winxp cd then go to recovery console, go to the directory where the OS is installed (i.e C:\ ) and then run CHKDSK /R it usually takes time to process especially for your case its 80G or you can try to use CHKDSK /P which only takes a few minutes( 2-5 mins)

Suppose I subscribe to several mags.  Can the other mag sue me for also subscribing to there competition? Is there a question of Loyalty here? Is there a law against multiple subscription?

Can I be persecuted?

Of course not. You're free to do what you want with your money. And besides, magazines wouldn't dare impose such a clause since it will cause them to lose more customers.

try booting to the winxp cd then go to recovery console, go to the directory where the OS is installed (i.e C:\ ) and then run CHKDSK /R it usually takes time to process especially for your case its 80G or you can try to use CHKDSK /P which only takes a few minutes( 2-5 mins)

the problem is I seem to have lost the cd I used to install XP :(

I've recently downloaded a torrent, would I be able to use that? Or should I just go through with the clean install instead of the repair option?

Is what you advised above different from the chkdsk found at the options (right click on the drive, properties, tools, check disk) ?

Thanks for the tips bro :thumbsupsmiley:

have no choice, cannot afford microsoft

please be kind to people asking questions.

sometimes "googling" the answer (like you said in one of your posts) isn't as good as first hand information from an actual user.

Hitomi, why would you pay for software if this is a home PC we are talking about? At least I assume it is....

If we are talking about security and being robust, I wouldn't argue with you (or with anyone for that matter) about using Linux as I do so myself at home. But for beginners, I don't think any of the other techies here would recommend this for noobs since you would undoubtedly run into a lot of these "usability issues".

may naka encounter na ba sa inyo sa WINDOWS XP....sa explorer meron mga Menus...under Tools lalabas dapat ung Folder Options.....kaso ung sa PC ko sa bahay nawala.

Pati ung Folder Options Icon sa Control Panel nawala din. Meron bang nakakaalam paano maibabalik ito?

Thanks!

patulong nman po! mron po kc ako 2 pc sa bahay. gusto ko sana iconnect sa pldt mydsl ko. gusto ko rin sana magshare ng mga files... ang tawag ata d2 ay ICS... pero di ko alam kung pano pganahin.. nag search na ko sa internet pero di ko maintinfhan e... kylangan ko ata ng cross cable.. meron na po ako nun pero di ko alam kng pano iconfigure sa pc e... pa2long nman po

click start>control panel>(category view) network and internet connections>network set up wizard...

pili ka na lang on what you want to do sa intro panel nya!

hope this helps!