Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Quick question po to our dear MTC lawyers. My gf was previously is separated but not yet annulled. She still carries her ex's family name. Now, we're about to have a kid. Pwede ko ba ibigay ang surname ko? I want to actually and I want to be sure the kid gets my surname. Thanks for the help!

just wanna know why all of a sudden my CD/CD-R drives wont open, the tray is sort of stuck, I need a pen for it to open pa..

kelangan pang sungkitin..

any way to fix this?

and, how come the LED on my PC is red all the time with partial hangs now and then..any clues?

Seems like you have an inadequate power supply. Maybe your power supply is giving up its ghost.

Go to the BIOS and check the voltage output

+12V +/- 10%

+ 5V +/-10%

+ 3.3V +/-10%

if your wattage go beyond the threshold, then turn it off and don't use it right now otherwise you will risk damaging some components.

if you can get another powersupply, attach it and test your system if it will work.

If it worked, have it go a stress test using programs such as sisoft sandra, cpu stability test etc.

After 10 minutes of stress test, feel the cpu heatsink (be very careful when doing this) if it is too hot to touch. if not then you're OK.

Also check the capacitors of the motherboard, they should not bulge or leak. If they do, then you have an impending motherboard failure. Just be very careful in doing these things.

Quick question po to our dear MTC lawyers. My gf was previously is separated but not yet annulled. She still carries her ex's family name. Now, we're about to have a kid. Pwede ko ba ibigay ang surname ko? I want to actually and I want to be sure the kid gets my surname. Thanks for the help!

you can't give the child your surname...since there is a valid and subsisting marriage, the offspring during the pendency of such marriage are presumed to be legitimate children of such union...thus all right appurtenant to such devolve upon the child...

the separation in fact does not overcome this presumption of legitimate filiation...there is even the 180 day period for the determination of filiation when there is a subsequent marriage...in the end, you cannot just summarily give the child your surname especially if the union is extra marital in nature...

the way i see it, the only way you can give the child your surname is by adoption after the annulment of the marriage of your GF...this must be done in court and cannot just be formalized via private instrument notarized...further complicating your situation is the threat of a criminal suit against your GF (adultery, best evidence is the pregnancy) to be filed by the husband if he gets pissed off...

just be careful...you treading on rather thin ice...

I downloaded some video amv files from an MP4 player unto my computer, pero hinde maka play sa

Window Media Player- it said window can not open the file - .amv -    I am using window XP Pro, do I need to

install any codecs? Anybody please help, Thanks.

try to play it din sa realplayer and quicktime player. kung ayaw p din, bka kailangan mo nga mag-download ng codec. i think may existing link n to sa may free stuff to download a free codec pack.

Hello to the Techie peeps here! ;-)

Possibly the appropriate thread ... who knows. ;-P

Should you have a need for an SMS/text-based application software or know of someone/companies interested in such, I am just a PM away. ;-) I am an independent reseller for the product ... we can work on some kind of referral fee (on a closed sale). ;-P

Hey, we don't know everyone ... this is where the 6th degree of separation comes into play ... ;-)

Guest Leviticus
I downloaded some video amv files from an MP4 player unto my computer, pero hinde maka play sa

Window Media Player- it said window can not open the file - .amv -    I am using window XP Pro, do I need to

try to use another player, specifically Video LAN player. dati dami ako problems with regards to WMP because of the codecs.

since I've started using vlan player wala na ako problema. this could even play divx format

click this link to download:

http://www.videolan.org/#14_Nov_2002_0

Try downloading the K-Lite Mega Codec from here. Windows Media Player may not have the necessary codecs for it to open the file. :headsetsmiley:

Guys, a little help....

I have a CD writer iin the office and when I tried to copy a file that is more than 700 MB, ayaw nya i-record at sinasabi n insufficient daw yung space sa CD kahit n yung CD is marked as more than 700 MB ang capacity. The software that we use here is Nero Express. May kailangan bang files n i-download para ma-update ang capacity nya? Anong free CD writing softwares ang kayang bumasa ng CDs na more than 700 MB?? :unsure:

Edited by blitzz127
Heww*, so much for the cash involved we'll be fighting over. Can I state in  the contract that who among loses the trial shall pay for such threshold?

tnx ojh

you may state it, but usually, it is asked as a damage in civil cases in situations that there is blatant violation of the contract (Cost of suit and attorney's fees). you may also state where the action may ONLY be filed (example: where you live). point is, you can put anything in the contract as long as it is not illegal

Good morning.  :)

Does anyone do pro bono work anymore?

public attorney's office.

but the cases that they handle is only limited. what kind of case/action is on your mind?