Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Thanks so much dude! Afraid to use anything kasi that may damage it! Thanks again!

Happy New Year!

A warm plain-water damp (not wet) lint-free (and non-abrasive) cloth. Gently wipe in quick even strokes, in a single direction. Do not apply pressure of any kind or you may damage the substrate.

Then follow with a dry lint-free (again, non-abrasive) cloth to "dry."

Avoid any kind of commercial chemical cleaner.

how does SATA differ from regular IDE drives?

what is dual channel RAM? how does it compare to regular DDR ram?

im upgrading too..

would it be a good time to get PCI-E boards and PCI-E Cards now?

any good brands of video cards you guys would recommend?

I heard Inno 3D overheats quickly..

I got palit I hope its quite good.. How bout Gecube?Gigabyte?

is it a good time to upgrade to dual core Pentium D? or wait for Athlon X2?

im looking for a PC that will last till about 3-4 years and play the newest games out today..

pls give me some specs

around 30-50k only pls..and.. are sound cards & a UPS really necessary?

SATA is purported to be faster than regular IDE drives specially if you use the RAID function although I've been informed that it is a bit tricky using it if you dont know how to set it up, unless of course you are buying a whole system, yung PC tech na lang ng shop ang gagawa ng set up (hopefully he knows what he's doing at di masayang ang extra cash na bayad mo sa SATA drive) what is the price difference na ba?

Dual Channel Ram is actually just 2 identical memory modules that are laid as instructed unto a 'dual channel' capable motherboard, meaning supported ng motherboard ang dual channel. Usually, you install the ram on alternating sockets or color coded sockets (follow instructions na lang from the manual) this became popular specially when FSB 800 mhz became the norm late last year, the purpose of the dual channel capability of the boards is to make your DDR 400 MHZ memory module perform at 800 MHZ when dual channel enabled thus synchronizing with your Mobo and CPU which equals better performance. Just be sure you get 2 identical modules, i.e. 2X twinmoss 512 PC 3200 para mag dual channel enabled sila with no conflicts.

PCI-E is being touted as the next generation socket for video cards and supported by most of the video card manufacturers, although AGP versions are still being manufactured, most probably, slowly but surely lilipat na ang mga iyan so it would be advisable to get a motherboard that is PCI ready if you plan to buy a rig now.

Dual Core CPUs in my opinion is still too expensive at the moment, plus like the AMD 64 isnt supported yet by most programs, it is undeniably more powerful than a regular CPU but I believe that is only true with regards to multi tasking and the like. Ano ba ang gamit mo sa PC mo?

Built in sound cards are ok but I read that they actually consume CPU power which is not a good thing, plus madami daw compatibility issues so it might be beneficial to spend the extra dough and buy SB live sound card because this card company is usually in sync with most game developers.

UPS I havent used a UPS yet kasi masyadong mahal, but it is important to have an Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR) which you can usually get for around 500 bucks para ok and no

Just my two cents, i'm actually on the verge of upgrading but I feel my system can still cope with the games today, with just a video upgrade. I'd like to see recommended specs sheets from the real gurus here, on a budget please :)

seeking advice...

my problem arose when an outside email address (meaning email address which is not registered in the company directory) sent an email to the Managing Partner containing rather inflammatory messages...the sender's name was my name (meaning the name appearing in the from box of the email) but the email address was not a corp account email (it was a private yahoo email addy)...i did not create the yahoo mail account nor sent the said email...

i am being pinned for its contents...although i have explained myself, i wish to know if there is a way to trace the source of the email...i know IP addresses traceable but can it be done here in the Philippines? is there a way to trace said email?

would appreciate your input on the matter...

I am selling my 2 computer asap

AMD sempron 2.2, msi board, 256 ddr memory,40 gb hard disk , 15" monitor AOC , with case, and keyboard mouse= 12,000 only

athlon 1.8 , 128 memory, 746 ultra board msi, 40gb harddisk , casing and mouse keyboard with monitor 15" =13,000

contact no. 743**** & cell: 0918******* ,jeff

or roven

moderator's note: no posting of contact #s.. pls use PM function.. you can also advertise in the products and services section.. thank you.. :mtc:

Edited by bubuy
SATA is purported to be faster than regular IDE drives specially if you use the RAID function although I've been informed that it is a bit tricky using it if you dont know how to set it up, unless of course you are buying a whole system, yung PC tech na lang ng shop ang gagawa ng set up (hopefully he knows what he's doing at di masayang ang extra cash na bayad mo sa SATA drive) what is the price difference na ba?

Dual Channel Ram is actually just 2 identical memory modules that are laid as instructed unto a 'dual channel' capable motherboard, meaning supported ng motherboard ang dual channel. Usually, you install the ram on alternating sockets or color coded sockets (follow instructions na lang from the manual) this became popular specially when FSB 800 mhz became the norm late last year, the purpose of the dual channel capability of the boards is to make your DDR 400 MHZ memory module perform at 800 MHZ when dual channel enabled thus synchronizing with your Mobo and CPU which equals better performance. Just be sure you get 2 identical modules, i.e. 2X twinmoss 512 PC 3200 para mag dual channel enabled sila with no conflicts.

PCI-E is being touted as the next generation socket for video cards and supported by most of the video card manufacturers, although AGP versions are still being manufactured, most probably, slowly but surely lilipat na ang mga iyan so it would be advisable to get a motherboard that is PCI ready if you plan to buy a rig now.

Dual Core CPUs in my opinion is still too expensive at the moment, plus like the AMD 64 isnt supported yet by most programs, it is undeniably more powerful than a regular CPU but I believe that is only true with regards to multi tasking and the like. Ano ba ang gamit mo sa PC mo?

Built in sound cards are ok but I read that they actually consume CPU power which is not a good thing, plus madami daw compatibility issues so it might be beneficial to spend the extra dough and buy SB live sound card because this card company is usually in sync with most game developers.

UPS I havent used a UPS yet kasi masyadong mahal, but it is important to have an Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR) which you can usually get for around 500 bucks para ok and no

Just my two cents, i'm actually on the verge of upgrading but I feel my system can still cope with the games today, with just a video upgrade. I'd like to see recommended specs sheets from the real gurus here, on a budget please :)

thanks ill take note of all those.

well might get a new rig planing to get a p4 3+ Ghz but i guess il have to pass on the dual core stuff muna, kasi ok sana kung dual core kukunin ko when i but a new PC pero tama baka incompatible sa new software..

tama karin siguro di na masyadong importante upgrade ng sound card,

pag me extra pera lang..

also, when i do get a new PC, will really get PCI-E nalang, much better..

although PCI-E boards are still quite expensive,siguro after 3-6 months ok na..

i dont know if the new ram i bought is dual channel pero oh well..its good anyway,

at least i got a sata driver which halata talaga ung bilis ng pag copy ng files at pag install, lalo na't samahan mo ng decent amount of ram and a stable processor..

if only PC bundles/packages nowadays are good,

most packages that i see are quite good 3.0+ Ghz P4 , good amount of ram, but usually the video card isnt all that good, i have yet to see a PC package in a comp shop with a nice vidoe card that comes hehe..

anyway, whats a good power supply brand and is 400W or more recommended for an average user like me?

Edited by kUrTsKY

seeking advice...

my problem arose when an outside email address (meaning email address which is not registered in the company directory) sent an email to the Managing Partner containing rather inflammatory messages...the sender's name was my name (meaning the name appearing in the from box of the email) but the email address was not a corp account email (it was a private yahoo email addy)...i did not create the yahoo mail account nor sent the said email...

i am being pinned for its contents...although i have explained myself, i wish to know if there is a way to trace the source of the email...i know IP addresses traceable but can it be done here in the Philippines? is there a way to trace said email?

IP tracing can be done in the Phils. you just need a program such as mcafee firewall, protectX or the readily downloadable IP tracer (i think its free) to trace the attack. What I've not tried is to trace a previous attack. if the IP traced came from another country then they should apologized. :D

good luck.

thanks ill take note of all those.

well might get a new rig planing to get a p4 3+ Ghz but i guess il have to pass on the dual core stuff muna, kasi ok sana kung dual core kukunin ko when i but a new PC pero tama baka incompatible sa new software..

tama karin siguro di na masyadong importante upgrade ng sound card,

pag me extra pera lang..

also, when i do get a new PC, will really get PCI-E nalang, much better..

although PCI-E boards are still quite expensive,siguro after 3-6 months ok na..

i dont know if the new ram i bought is dual channel pero oh well..its good anyway,

at least i got a sata driver which halata talaga ung bilis ng pag copy ng files at pag install, lalo na't samahan mo ng decent amount of ram and a stable processor..

if only PC bundles/packages nowadays are good,

most packages that i see are quite good 3.0+ Ghz P4 , good amount of ram, but usually the video card isnt all that good, i have yet to see a PC package in a comp shop with a nice vidoe card that comes hehe..

anyway, whats a good power supply brand and is 400W or more recommended for an average user like me?

just a few clarifications: I didnt mean to say that double core CPUs are not compatible with todays programs, I just meant that like AMD 64, there are not many programs that take "advantage" of this technology yet. Also i do recommend purchase of a soundcard, but try the built in sound card first, no point in spending extra cash if your happy with what you have right? So you got the SATA drives already, I still have to get those puppies but maybe when I do my full upgrade na lang as I already have 2 80 gig IDE drives right now (not counting my mobile 80 gig). The packages at the PC shops do look like they are not up to specs, you can really do better by choosing your own PC parts and such, at least you know you're getting a good rig even if you are paying a bit extra.

oliverjohnhomes bro, you can tell your management that you have absolutely nothing to do with that e-mail and prove to them that doing something like this is easy as pie. Demonstrate by making an e-mail address using their names and credentials and sending sample e-mails, which retroactively would make it fairly easy for anyone else to make an e-mail address with "your name" and send potentially damaging e-mails (for your career). In any case, bottom line is to explain to the dingbat that you are not stupid enough to send crazy e-mails under your own e-mail when you can do it under someone else!

seeking advice...

you can even check the header of the email for you to track down the IP address of the said sender.

if it is within your network then i guess someone from your office is doing it.

seeking advice...

ask them to give you a copy of the FULL MAIL HEADERS.. it will show ALL of the servers where the mail route went thru.. then you can begin tracing who owns each IP/domain name in the headers.. you would be able to trace the path and the route the mail went thru, maybe even one of your officemates did it.. :thumbsupsmiley:

or you can post the mail header here too.. B)

just a few clarifications: I didnt mean to say that double core CPUs are not compatible with todays programs, I just meant that like AMD 64, there are not many programs that take "advantage" of this technology yet. Also i do recommend purchase of a soundcard, but try the built in sound card first, no point in spending extra cash if your happy with what you have right? So you got the SATA drives already, I still have to get those puppies but maybe when I do my full upgrade na lang as I already have 2 80 gig IDE drives right now (not counting my mobile 80 gig). The packages at the PC shops do look like they are not up to specs, you can really do better by choosing your own PC parts and such, at least you know you're getting a good rig even if you are paying a bit extra.

oliverjohnhomes bro, you can tell your management that you have absolutely nothing to do with that e-mail and prove to them that doing something like this is easy as pie. Demonstrate by making an e-mail address using their names and credentials and sending sample e-mails, which retroactively would make it fairly easy for anyone else to make an e-mail address with "your name" and send potentially damaging e-mails (for your career). In any case, bottom line is to explain to the dingbat that you are not stupid enough to send crazy e-mails under your own e-mail when you can do it under someone else!

thanks

thanks for the input sir VICANER, sir BUKNOY and sir BUBUY....

i will pay special attention to the mail headers and creation of new email demo you have suggested...

i have an idea who the dingbat is...

just an aside, my name was already in the clear upon receipt of the email since I already suggested a game plan specifically addressing the issues raised in the same email...

again, my thanks...may the FORCE be with you all

you mentioned letters, can they all be sent unsigned, i mean, not just the one to the Ombudsman?

because there would be hell if the official finds out who sent them right?

first of all HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

about your query hitomi...there differing procedures with each office...the Ombudsman's unsigned letter scenario is enshrined in the Organic law of the Ombudsman... as for the others, before sending any letter...just make sure you know the procedures...for example with BIR...the informer's reward is a signed letter, but would not reach the examined person's knowledge...ideally that is...

is there a virus i can send to the email to disable it and the network it emanates from...this is still connected to my previous problem...the person still refuses to desist from sending emails in my name...

since it is guerilla warfare the person wants, guerilla warfare is what he will get...

bro, you can actually send an e-mail to the administrator of the offending e-mail address (if it is a yahoo account, send one to yahoo admin etc) and report the malicious use of the said e-mail address. This should prompt an investigation from the admin and block the address, which doesnt necessarily puts and end to your dilemma as the dingbat will just open another account somewhere with the same credentials and you're back to square one. This is your legal option, now if you are quite malicious and want payback, you could turn the tables by subscribing the offending e-mail address to ghastly gay porn and such other crap, in which case the offending e-mail address will be flooded with spam and the like thus closing the account (unless of course it's a big storage space account, yahoo has 1 Gigabyte of mail storage now). You can of course just ask your IT person at the office to block the e-mail address from sending e-mails to your servers. Problem solved.