Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

nagloloko yung anti virus ko, hindi ako makapag-update, ang lumalabas eh "server timed out"

ano kaya ang problem dito?

i'm using pccillin 2002

try doing a manual update, that is, download the virus patch and engine patch without using the boult in connct client of PCCILIN..

go to the PCCILIN doenload page, download the patches and patch manually

helo guys

i like to know is the new "sonoma notebook" capable off handling heavy photoediting in PSD or RAW format , i have tried centrino's and they slow down, i presently own a toshiba satellite p4m 1.6 512ram 20g HDD w cd writer, i felt it's slowing down , i run CS on the laptop ... :rolleyes:

sir:

i have this problem with MAPSA, maybe you could help me, the last week of January, a MAPSA guy in yellow uniform caught me with color coding, so I was given a ticket for it, so since I said I will just drive safely the next time, but then more than two months had past so I thought  of claiming my license so I went to their office, so when I was goin to pay the fine, the lady hand me over the paper on it, I was shock that the penalty was P1,6+++ something. I was expecting just a fine of P300.00 only,  so my complain is, sir, don't you think that they are pulling our legs or meaning they're taking advantage of our pockets, how can we take actions accordingly, I think we should give them some sort of wake up call or "sapak", kasi up to now I haven't taken my license back. Help naman sir. Thanks :mtc:    :(  :angry:

äside for the "colorcoding" violation , are there any other checkmark's ? check first for the penalty price , maybe the they rised it officially , otherwise , you can contest . etheir in MAPSA or MMDA ...

im not a lawyer , i had 2 past encounter ( caloocan parkings & metro manila MMDA traffic ) i contest and won , they retuned my cash payments ( caloocan ) . MMDA atlanta they call it draw and return my license w/o any cash involment.

helo guys

i like to know is the new "sonoma notebook" capable off handling heavy photoediting in PSD or RAW format , i have tried centrino's and they slow down, i presently own a toshiba satellite p4m 1.6 512ram 20g HDD w cd writer, i felt it's slowing down , i run CS on the laptop ... :rolleyes:

yes, it can. just upgrade the memory to 1gb for billboard size images and off you go.

whew! :boo: my pc's up and running again, with neither a peso spent! just lots of worry that something big broke down.

thanks goes out to all, who shared their opinion.

thanks to djrs, for the load of advice and tricks he shared, it really helped!

let the good times roll...

backreading few pages , scares me , i don't like to have headache's w assemble PC's , that's the reason i don't like chopsuey , aside from hardware miscommunications , some assembler's tend to me configuration no suited for the buyer , time to time you have to call them for service ..., for a internet cafe set , scout for a trusty supplier , that won't hold back on you.

kaya other people buy a branded desktop kahit cost much basta wala headache sa bug down,

just my 2cents...

backreading few pages , scares me , i don't like to have headache's w  assemble PC's , that's the reason i don't like chopsuey , aside from hardware miscommunications , some assembler's tend to me configuration no suited for the buyer , time to time you have to call them for service ..., for a internet cafe set , scout for a trusty supplier , that won't hold back on you.

kaya other people buy a branded desktop kahit cost much basta wala headache sa bug down,

just my 2cents...

"if its possible to design and build your dream car, would you?"

we techie guys like to tinker around with connections and wires, kahit alam namin sometimes palpakish-

the knowledge we gain frm such experiences are priceless.

branded pcs are like designer jeans, you buy them for their name. some time in the near future when you decide to upgrade, what you have are costly parts and after-market services for options.

for those who like to learn everything... try assembling your own pc, with the help and guidance of a trained pro of course.

we techie guys like to tinker around with connections and wires, kahit alam namin sometimes palpakish-

branded pcs are like designer jeans, you buy them for their name. some time in the near future when you decide to upgrade, what you have are costly parts and after-market services for options.

for those who like to learn everything... try assembling your own pc, with the help and guidance of a trained pro of course.

this is so true!

before i just knew how to log on...looong time ago.

i myself was just a simple pc user before, even till now i still am a newbie with other pc aspects, but slowly learning the stuff, though not the nitty gritty kind yet...

to date i had like eight or more re installs, all caused by different circumstances, i had to fix it myself.

when moolah comes in id like those small factor pc's, those msi mega's sure look fine!

Edited by roxysnonie

this is so true!

before i just knew how to log on...looong time ago.

i myself was just a simple pc user before, even till now i still am a newbie with other pc aspects, but slowly learning the stuff, though not the nitty gritty kind yet...

to date i had like eight or more re installs, all caused by different circumstances, i had to fix it myself.

when moolah comes in id like those small factor pc's, those msi mega's sure look fine!

small form factor pc with lquid cooling? way cooL! :cool:

amen to u brother!!!

if only they could do the same with laptops...

now about that car...

thank you for the response! i'm looking to buy 20 hectares. the land my parents own are in my cousin's name and can/will be deeded over to my dad.

any ideas on how i can buy the 20 hectares? should i buy this under someone else that's a filipino citizen and have a binding contract with them? what about setting up a partnership with other filipino citizens and buy the land through the partnership?

Check this out:

REPUBLIC ACT NO. 9225

CITIZENSHIP RETENTION AND RE-ACQUISITION ACT OF 2003

Section 5. Civil and Political Rights and Liabilities - Those who retain or re-acquire Philippine citizenship under this Act shall enjoy full civil and political rights and be subject to all attendant liabilities and responsibilities under existing laws of the Philippines . . .

The provision had been interpreted as to allow former natural born Filipinos who opted for dual citizenship to own real property in the same manner as those of other Filipinos. You can ask your sister or your parents to apply for dual citizenship and then ask them to buy the land and ask them to sign an irrevocable deed of trust executed in US in your favor. There's a risk that the deed of trust may not be completely valid in your state because of the location of the property.

another questions po...

1. regarding my questions before about annulment, can one divorce another? i mean can he divorce his ex wife instead to make it easier?

2. he owned 2 lands and was named after him and his ex wife. since they already have an ongoing annulment case, what ive known is that the other land was given back to him and the other is noy yet been decisioned. he want the other land to be named and give to his daughter who is under his ex wife's custody for now. a news came to him that his ex wife sold their land (the lans that wasnt have the decision yet) and his ex wife's family is asking for his help if he can do anything.

my question is, do he have the power to hold the selling or to void it if the land was already benn sold?

thanks for your help!

branded computers really cost much but when u have to upgrade the hardware it even cost you more.

how about this, (but this doesnt apply to all other branded pc ok) we have a salvage branded PCs and i tried to get the other hw parts so it can be useful again but the case installed is not screwed to other parts where the plastic case inside is molded on the pc design. so wla kn mappkinabangan even the cd rom and the floppy drive. u just have to trash the whole pc.

before i even trust computer repair shops. this establishment is known for they have a lot of branches esp in malls. i send my computer there having trust that they can make it coz i know they are more proffesional than me when it comes to computers. i bought a new motherboard from them ksi sbi un daw ang papalitan. after that it works but only for a day. so i send my pc back to them until the 3rd day that i keep coming back i found out from a friend that they installed a wrong motherboard that is not fir for my processor. that's why my processor aint working on it hanggang sa masira n rin ung processor ko. i even lost important files in my hd kc they formatted it without my knowledge and permission, they didnt perform a back up.

after what have done to my pc, i lost my trust on them lalo na ang gumawa non ung manager ng ***. that's why im working on my computer by myself with a liitle help from my friends and a great thing is ive learned a lot from it even if i begun from scratch.

before i even trust computer repair shops. this establishment is known for they have a lot of branches esp in malls. i send my computer there having trust that they can make it coz i know they are more proffesional than me when it comes to computers.  i bought a new motherboard from them ksi sbi un daw ang papalitan. after that it works but only for a day. so i send my pc back to them until the 3rd day that i keep coming back i found out from a friend that they installed a wrong motherboard that is not fir for my processor. that's why my processor aint working on it hanggang sa masira n rin ung processor ko. i even lost important files in my hd kc they formatted it without my knowledge and permission, they didnt perform a back up.

after what have done to my pc, i lost my trust on them lalo na ang gumawa non ung manager  ng ***. that's why im working on my computer by myself with a liitle help from my friends and a great thing is ive learned a lot from it even if i begun from scratch.

hmmm, nothing bad about learning by oneself, experience is really the best teacher...of course a little help from friends goes a long way.

keep at it keyth! ;)

another questions po...

1. regarding my questions before about annulment, can one divorce another? i mean can he divorce his ex wife instead to make it easier?

2. he owned 2 lands and was named after him and his ex wife. since they already have an ongoing annulment case, what ive known is that the other land was given back to him and the other is noy yet been decisioned.  he want the other land to be named and give to his daughter who is under his ex wife's custody for now. a news came to him that his ex wife sold their land (the lans that wasnt have the decision yet) and his ex wife's family is asking for his help if he can do anything.

my question is, do he have the power to hold the selling or to void it if the land  was already benn sold?

thanks for your help!

The Philippines only recognizes divorce if a filipino citizen marries a foreigner, who divorces him or her. Other than this particular scenario, divorce is still not allowed in the Philippines. Thus, it does not make it any easier for you (unless you are the foreigner). Some lawyers use this provision to seek divorce by having the person who wants to get a divorce get a US citizenship (renouncing his/her Filipino citizenship) to entitle him/her to re-marry. But this might be too much for a person.

All properties of the husband and wife acquired after their marriage are jointly owned or co-owned by the spouses until a decree of annulment is secured. This is because the marriage subsists until the time of the annulment. Under the law, the wife cannot sell the land without the consent of the husband and vice versa. Because of this, if the husband refuses to sign the document of sale, then he can always file a case to annul the sale.

how about sa case ko, dunno if my father is still alive or what? im using my moms last name and i wanna use my fathers name. but 26 na ako now so pede pa kaya yun? and imagine sa dfa, sa may application bcoz im using mu moms name tapos dun sa application nilagyan ko ng mark yung legitimate then after how many minutes tinawag ako, akala mapapaaga ako but hindi, sabi pa dun sa counter di daw ako legitimate, illegitimate daw ako :(