What's The Last Book You've Read?

Finished - Death : The Time of Your Life and Sandman Book of Dreams; first one by Neil Gaiman, second one by various authors.

Started: Death: The High Cost of Living (prequel to abovementioned graphic novel) ... im not really getting into this one... liked the other one better.

After months of not picking up a book, i read and forced my self to finish in one sitting The Gunslinger, book 1 of stephen king's the dark tower series a few days ago. Oddly enough, I read book two of the series first years ago and then read until book 4. I was only able to get hold of book 1 a fortnight ago. Now, I need to look for the series enders. :D

Edited by burrito
A Song of Ice and Fire Series

Book 1: A Game of Thrones

by George R.R. Martin

An epic fantasy novel comparable to Lord of the Rings but with a darker and more mature theme.

Ahhh... couldn't resist to comment on this one. A first book to a wonderful series.

This is one of the best I have ever read, great character with plots within plots and more plots.

Martin has a way of making his reader root for his imperfect heroes and villians. And it does better at after every book.

Truth be told, I'm currently reading other books just to while away the time waiting for the next of the series to come out. :thumbsupsmiley:

Ahhh... couldn't resist to comment on this one. A first book to a wonderful series.

This is one of the best I have ever read, great character with plots within plots and more plots.

Martin has a way of making his reader root for his imperfect heroes and villians. And it does better at after every book.

Truth be told, I'm currently reading other books just to while away the time waiting for the next of the series to come out. :thumbsupsmiley:

Good to know someone here knows about this book too. Anyway, I'd also like to comment that although the story is the most intriguing ever, and the style a sure page-turner, I'd rather not read the next books. Why? The theme is too dark for me. I just can't handle main characters being killed off just like that. 4 Months after reading the book, and I still can't forget the horrible emotions I got after I finished reading it. And while reading the reviews, I know that more main characters will be killed off. I'm more of an LOTR or Final Fantasy type of guy, where main characters go through the most challenging odds, yet in the end they arise victorious.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus- Starting Over by John Gray.

I recommend this book for those who just lost a loved one, whether it be from a divorce, a break-up or death.

We must admit that after these events in our lives, we tend to be clueless on what to do. OUr minds are filled with questions and our hearts with pain. By taking time to read this book, you will find abundance of insight and direction. You will know exactly what you need to do and where you are going.