Dog Lovers Thread

mr_7thsign

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 10:57 PM, doshakov said:

is it ok ba to get a puppy now if we're planning to move out to a new house in 3-4 months? too much stress ba sa puppy?

It should be fine as long as you make the proper preparations and planning. Treat the puppy like a baby in how he/she will move with you in the car and not among your belongings in the truck.

I also suggest that you and the puppy move to the new house on the last day after your belongings go so the stress of things moving and the stress of traveling don't go together.

On 2/13/2023 at 8:48 PM, courtesanhunter said:

panay Aspin lang yata naalagaan naman dati.

I think all Pinoy parents get that idea.

"Gusto ko po ng aso" leads your dad to find an aspin from the streets, until you get a little more savy and ask for certain breeds.

Kids these days have the internet, so labrador for anak, aspin for tatay until they grow up and love all dogs.

On 10/9/2022 at 6:27 AM, j101 said:

What’s the best dog food for big dogs?

Seeing some videos and doing very light research (I skimmed two articles), it seems like raw food is best.

Anecdotes from YouTube say it improves digestion by eliminating farts and bad poops, makes coat shinier, and improves energy and health.

But it might get expensive over time.

On 10/5/2022 at 5:41 PM, Rizalbraders said:

i have an aspin.  imo, effective naman sa pagbantay.  a lot of dogs are equally effective and qualified.  pero no need to buy.

we also have a boston terrier.  imo, sobrang bait.  if boston terrier lang ang bantay sa bahay, pati itong boston t., e kasamang nanakawin.  sumobra bait naman

Agreed. Aspin have a strong barking instinct but aren't aggressive, which is ideal for guard dogs.

Pero yung aspin namin nanghahabol ng motor (SMH). Wala pa kinakagat, but I worry when I'm not there to stop her. Tingin ko dahil sa bagong BARKada nya (she escapes under the gate), kasi hindi naman sya ganun dati.

On 5/26/2022 at 6:57 PM, macbolan00 said:

As a lap dog, are dames really better than sires? I notice females dogs always try to clamber up to you, parang naghahanap parati ng lambing, gaya din ng mga babae. Male dogs just like to run around, bark, and eat voraciously. 

My question, are there specific differences in treating and inter-acting with one's dog on a daily basis, according to gender?

Haven't read about this, but anecdotally parang ganyan nga. Female dogs tend to be more peaceful and sweet, in my personal experience.

But that might be a reflection of we as humans projecting an attitude to the dog and the dog picking up and responding to subtle cues.

• 2 months later...