Dog Lovers Thread

mr_7thsign

5 hours ago, Axs said:

Anyone here bumili na ng dog na above 5 years old? What' your experience?

Me and my wife, 5 & 6 yr old labrador. Both have issues and needed correction. Luckily, my wife is a dog trainer.

if 1st dog mo, then dont get any dog that doesn't match your profile.

Also, please do not buy dogs. There are tons of available dogs for adoption.

jerry lakandula and paws if you want to get a dog. I would give you a belgian malinois if you can handle it. Big baby masaydo ung belgian ko. Kulang sa affection kaya gusto nya lagi sya minamassage.

Edited by francislb
On 4/22/2022 at 7:45 AM, francislb said:

Me and my wife, 5 & 6 yr old labrador. Both have issues and needed correction. Luckily, my wife is a dog trainer.

if 1st dog mo, then dont get any dog that doesn't match your profile.

Also, please do not buy dogs. There are tons of available dogs for adoption.

jerry lakandula and paws if you want to get a dog. I would give you a belgian malinois if you can handle it. Big baby masaydo ung belgian ko. Kulang sa affection kaya gusto nya lagi sya minamassage.

Hi, is there a website for adult dogs for adoption/rehoming?

My preferred breeds are Jack Russell, schnauzer, and poodle.

Edited by johnlove
correction
3 hours ago, johnlove said:

Hi, is there a website for adult dogs for adoption/rehoming?

My preferred breeds are Jack Russell, schnauzer, and poodle.

Paws Philippines have but it would be best to go directly sa shelter para makita mo and pa assist ka nila. 

as for dogs and cats ni jerry lakandula, try his facebook page. Wala kasi ako fb sorry. You can contact him directly and nagrereply naman sya agad. Usually papapuntahin ka nya sa place nya, para makita mo dogs and cats na meron sya and ichcheck nya kung match kayo ng profile ng napili mong dog.

15 hours ago, francislb said:

Paws Philippines have but it would be best to go directly sa shelter para makita mo and pa assist ka nila. 

as for dogs and cats ni jerry lakandula, try his facebook page. Wala kasi ako fb sorry. You can contact him directly and nagrereply naman sya agad. Usually papapuntahin ka nya sa place nya, para makita mo dogs and cats na meron sya and ichcheck nya kung match kayo ng profile ng napili mong dog.

Thank you.  Are you talking about Jerry Salvador Lakandula?

Edited by johnlove
3 hours ago, Axs said:

What to put sa dogs para less garapata?

Broadline or Frontline - works only for indoor dogs/cats

Pinapatak sa batok, give him/her a bath first, because after application, hindi siya pwedeng maligo for x days (check with the manual), the dog should not be allowed to go outdoors, all other dogs and cats that stay in the same house should also receive treatment. 

The medicine works by getting absorb into the bloodstream, poisoning the 'garapata' and other parasites when they drinks it's blood.

3 hours ago, anjero said:

Is there a dog breed na hindi masyadong hyperactive?

all breeds meron naman ndi active na dog. Need mo lang makita profile nung dog before you get the dog. 

But there are breeds na mas less active sa ibang breed. Basset Hound,english bulldog and great dane.

avoid working & activity dogs (Belgian malinios, labrador retrievers, german shepherds, border collie and the likes) 

34 minutes ago, X-23 said:

I love dogs but takot na ako mag alaga. Hirap magmoveon kse pag namatay na. 

I agree. My dog is an 11-year old Shih Tzu.  The average life of such breed is 10-16 years.  So he is in his senior years now.  Healthy pa naman so far.  I hope humaba pa buhay nya :)