Dog Lovers Thread

mr_7thsign

A rotti owner for years. Had 3 already. The last is 7 yrs old now and he will be my last rotti. Ayoko na. Although they are good guard dogs, they can be a handful sometimes. They are very vicious, at least the ones I owned. They are only sociable within/among members of the household, with other pets and family members. But it is hard to control their protective instincts. Rotts are a lot more vicious than pits, I observed. My pits and my 14 yr old dobe are the most loving dogs I have ever owned. Each time a visitor comes, my rott is the only one that's locked up in my room for I have no cages. Mahirap na.

A rotti owner for years. Had 3 already. The last is 7 yrs old now and he will be my last rotti. Ayoko na. Although they are good guard dogs, they can be a handful sometimes. They are very vicious, at least the ones I owned. They are only sociable within/among members of the household, with other pets and family members. But it is hard to control their protective instincts. Rotts are a lot more vicious than pits, I observed. My pits and my 14 yr old dobe are the most loving dogs I have ever owned. Each time a visitor comes, my rott is the only one that's locked up in my room for I have no cages. Mahirap na.

Have you tried basic obedience training, bro? Plus clicker training?

• 2 weeks later...

Been a dog owner since I was 6. I think somehow this taught me responsibility. When i was young i owned a jap. spitz and a lot of aspins ( for the lack of info). I remember all of them, even their temperaments.

Now i have a siberian husky. I would love to have a toy dog this year, maybe a shih or a pom. so i'm shopping for one.

I bought my beagle 3 years ago. Nakakaguilty minsan kapag hindi naipasyal dahil may paawa epeks yung mukha. Sobrang bait and maamo sa lahat ng tao.

Im planning to buy a bigger dog pero pinag iisipan ko pa kung anong breed. Ganda ng husky pero baka hndi ko kayanin maintenance magmukha lang kawawa sa bahay.

it can still be corrected. Rotts are dominant by breed trait. You must show the dog who is in command and never let it lead you. I am not convinced that Rotts are vicious. They are working dogs by class, therefore needs something to do. Try running with the dog until it's exhausted. You'll see.

• 1 month later...

Pag large breed kasi means large apettite? I know malakas din kumain beagle pero baka mas doble sa food pag mas malaki and yung balahibo pa ng husky need regular grooming.

Nakakita ko ng puppy na golden retriever cute din. Nakakatempt bilhin.

I have a husky and a retriever.

The husky is not a heavy eater. If you give too much food, it will only consume what he needs. They were able to adapt to our weather, but its up to you if you want to provide a fan or airconditioning for them. I provided a "dipping pool" during summer. They are not hard to maintain, but they shed HEAVILY. Mine sheds twice a year, the latter is every fall in the US, mga July siguro. There was a time na in a day there were six to eight furballs. Other than that they are very sweet, loving and adorable pets. My few husky problems are: they dig. They bury their treats. My female shovels mud with her snout. They escape. Do not give them an opportunity for unlocked doors and gates, once they escape, they will never come back. They are independent, kind of stubborn sometimes.

The retriever is a HEAVY EATER. opposite of the huskies. They will eat as long as you give them food. They are prone to being obese. My retriever is 9yo and she is still very playful. They are equally sweet and loving. Easier to be trained than the husky. I can walk the retriever a leash. Its very friendly to anyone so beware of dognapping. They love water which creates mess most of the time, up to you if you will like or hate it.

My retriever problems were: they have a smell, dog smell. Unlike the husky they dont have foul odors. She barks too much esp at night. Neighbors complained. Super kulit until 2nd year. Now that she is old, she acts matured, senior dog. Makulit pa din but manageable.

In my parent's house we have 6 aspins makukulit, and patakbo takbo lang outside house (with gate). And i have black lab, i named him loki. He's 3yrs old and he's already 26.7 kilos. Nakatali sya lately, mejo naging aggressive sya, kasi kinakaya kaya sya ng isang aspin namin, nagkataon mas nauna mga aspins sa bahay, kaya aspin ang alpha dog, one time nagpangabot sila muntik na madeads aspin kaya my sister decided na ileash na lang, kasi di nila kaya paghiwalayin yung mga doggies pag nagaaway.. sad din kasi mas love ng sister ko mga aspins nya. Kay everytime uwi ko, gala gala kami ni loki.. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...