My Travel Photos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The usual photos of Taal Volcano are shot from the ridges of Tagaytay City. This time, I took this shot from the other side and nearly at shore level of Taal Lake. This one was shot at the coast of Taal Lake in Laurel, Batangas, where a thriving fishing community is found. Fresh water fishes and crustaceans are the main catches here.

But the photo below does not show how hard it is to get to this remote town of Laurel, Batangas.

Just take a look at Taal Volcano from the other side first

post-23387-1119716263.jpg

The photo below is a sample of the kind of roads you will encounter in Laurel, Batnagas. About 70% of the roads are unpaved. There are portions along this road that are concrete-paved but some have been damaged by landslide as the road is in a mountainous area. Only the "bayan" or "poblacion" or main town of Laurel, Batangas is fully paved with concrete and a little way out of the mountainous areas.

This road has no lamp posts although there is electricity is many homes on the road side. Some of the homes are nice and new. The owners of the homes are either OFWs or successfull fishpond owners. The mode of quick transportation here is via motorcycle. If you intend to use a regular passenger car, the suspension will be severely challenged and your underchassis will surely get scratched by the rough roads repeatedly. An SUV or a pickup truck is best.

Laurel is actually a samll town, but it took me two hours and a half negotiating through rough roads which began at the fringes of Agoncillo, Batangas. I exited the town on the other side into Alfonso, Cavite and up into Canyon Woods and into the Alfonso-Lemery Road

post-23387-1119718385.jpg

• 2 weeks later...