• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

dreamstormer, the best way to go if u wanna get into 'creative' work if to get

experience from an advertising agency.  which one?  i think the 'let your fingers do the talking' is still one of the most effective way.  the bigger the ad in the yellow pages, the bigger the company (i think.  sabi nila ganon yon e.) try that.

good luck and congrats on ur graduation!

I'll try that. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for a Design & Advertising Account Executive...

who will handle and look for clients... PM for details...

You will be working for a Canadian-based corporation but based out of my Manila office...

Lots of potential to be paid renumeration based on Canadian and US sales.

PM me only. Replies to this forum topic will not be answered.

• 2 months later...

Hello to the Advertising practitioners here! ;-)

Not exactly the appropriate thread ... who knows. ;-P

Should you have a need for an SMS/text-based application software or know of someone/companies interested in such, I am just a PM away. ;-) I am an independent reseller for the product ... we can work on some kind of referral fee (on a closed sale). ;-P

Hey, we don't know everyone ... this is where the 6th degree of separation comes into play ... ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hi guys..im an advertising grad. but nver had enter pa in advertising fields tlga..

after i grad8 kung san-saan creative fields me npunta..w/c is ok nmn.

but im planning n mk-pasok rin s ad agency someday..

my mga ad agency kya n ng-hhire khit wla pang experience s ibang ad agency?

my alam b kyo..?

pm me..tnx! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi there if you need tarpaulene printing (10 ft. tarps or more for billboards), backlits, murals, stickers (indoor/outdoor/ for buses, vans and other automobiles), pvc cards, signage requirements and silkscreen and embroidery services at competitive prices. PM me for details.

Attention:   

GRAPHIC ARTIST for Web and Print

(Knowledgeable of Photoshop 7.0 & Dreamweaver)

Please contact me thru:

Mobile : 0921-2276573

Hope to hear from you guys..  :)

Send ur CV to bkashkari@saudiairlines.com.sa and cc to me : fsresma@yahoo.com

Im also a Web Designer working now with Saudi Arabian Airlines..lets see..

• 3 weeks later...

it depends dude kung saan department ka ng advertising interested

there are 3 depts. sa ahensiya

sa media - dito it's either buyer ka o planner

sa creatives - dito ang matitinik sa industriya

kung di ka marunong maglay-out baka pwede kang sumulat

sa accounts - nandito yung magagandang tsikas sa ahensiya

if ur in accounts mabilis ang hiring, mabilis din ang turnover

this is one of those flexible fields, you'll be surprised that most

of the famous and established people in advertising are NOT even

advertising graduates in fact marami sa kanila undergrads

even tessie tomas started as a copywriter at mccann

the advertising industry's a rat race

usong-uso dito ang talangka mentality

the pay is not so rewarding but depende na yan sa ahensiya

kung try-out ka lang why not start with a small agency and work your way up?

• 2 weeks later...
Attention:   

GRAPHIC ARTIST for Web and Print

(Knowledgeable of Photoshop 7.0 & Dreamweaver)

Please contact me thru:

Mobile : 0921-2276573

Hope to hear from you guys..  :)

do you accept OJTs? marunong akong mag Photoshop, macromedia dreamweaver, macromedia flash, HTML.. sana matulungan nyu ako kasi i'm looking for my OJT. thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Need your advice advertising dudes/chicks....

I've been trying to break into this industry for a long time now, i've been stuck in a job i don't really care about for such a long time, but i feel advertising is where i want to be.  I graduated with a degree from such an unrelated subject (human resources), and i'm thinking that maybe this is what is holding me back.

Any tips for me on how to break into the wild and wooly world of advertising?  Kahit accounts lang, pano ko kayo pasukin yon?  Kahit below the line, kahit ano....

salamat

:mtc:

I was from the advertising field before I moved to the academe. As some members here have posted, advertising is a dog-eat-dog world and a hellhole filled with people with talangka mentality. You have to have guts, the right personality, the creative talent and sometimes good looks to be able to succeed in this field.

Having guts mean selling yourself the way you haven't sold yourself before and being bought over the other graduates who have sold themselves as well. Practice selling yourself in front of the mirror. Have a good friend to criticize how well or bad you are in doing it.

The right personality involves charm, fluency in English and the abillity to communicate and hold an audience that won't doze off in front of you. Be aware though that this so-called right personality can balloon into a "monster personality" when you find yourself stealing other people's ideas and passing off these ideas as yours.

Creative talent means more than a good grasp of the English grammar. Wit, humor, originality, awareness of social, economic and political issues plus a lateral sense of thinking can help catapult your career.

These are all general comments for now. Let me get in a mood for some specifics next time.

I was from the advertising field before I moved to the academe.  As some members here have posted, advertising is a dog-eat-dog world and a hellhole filled with people with talangka mentality.  You have to have guts, the right personality, the creative talent and sometimes good looks to be able to succeed in this field.

Having guts mean selling yourself the way you haven't sold yourself before and being bought over the other graduates who have sold themselves as well. Practice selling yourself in front of the mirror.  Have a good friend to criticize how well or bad you are in doing it.

Sheeesh!

So that's why I've become vain ever since I got into the business more than 10 years ago.

The right personality involves charm, fluency in English and the abillity to communicate and hold an audience that won't doze off in front of you.  Be aware though that this so-called right personality can balloon into a "monster personality" when you find yourself stealing other people's ideas and passing off these ideas as yours.

I almost killed someone for stealing my idea. If you remember that shampoo/conditioner commercial tagline "The shortest distnace between two points is a line."

I'm an engineering student. I hear that line almost EVERY FREAKING DAY of my college life. After college, I joined (more like co-founded) a comicbook creator's group, and in one of the meeting, I mentioned the concept, and the tagline. A few months later, the commercial was on air.

That's why I NEVER wanted to be an advertising monster. (I went freelnace and stayed with direct-marketing and below the line where there is less politics, no dog eating my pants, and no one stealing my ideas).

Creative talent means more than a good grasp of the English grammar.  Wit, humor, originality, awareness of social, economic and political issues plus a lateral sense of thinking can help catapult your career. 

These are all general comments for now.  Let me get in a mood for some specifics next time.

Ah, as you may well know MuffMeister, I have those, but as I mentioned, I value my own ideas too much to the point of lethargy.
Sheeesh!

So that's why I've become vain ever since I got into the business more than 10 years ago.

X, remember that song by ABC? *sings "Vanity kills/It don't (sic) pay bills/Vanity kills.* Ahihihi. :P

I almost killed someone for stealing my idea.  If you remember that shampoo/conditioner commercial tagline "The shortest distance between two points is a line."

I'm an engineering student.  I hear that line almost EVERY FREAKING DAY of my college life.  After college, I joined (more like co-founded) a comicbook creator's group, and in one of the meeting, I mentioned the concept, and the tagline.  A few months later, the commercial was on air.

Here's hoping he's not someone I know from Alamat group. :grr: I should've been there to help you hunt down that intellectual robber (read: plagiarist) by tickling to him to death if he couldn't come up with his version of even the most simple but original alliteration. Hmm ... that idea-stealer would be more at home in the fake diploma mills of Recto. :evil:

That's why I NEVER wanted to be an advertising monster.  (I went freelance and stayed with direct-marketing and below the line where there is less politics, no dog eating my pants, and no one stealing my ideas).

And that's why I went to the academe. To teach and hopefully prevent future advertising guys and gals not to be "advertising monsters."

I had a stint at another agency (involved in direct marketing as well) but I couldn't convince myself to like and believe in any of the saleskits and print ads (now known as junk mail/spam) that I was creating. I also wanted to keep my morals ... or what's left of it to keep. Ahihihi. :D

Ah, as you may well know MuffMeister, I have those, but as I mentioned, I value my own ideas too much to the point of lethargy.

Naaah. You'll never be lethargic. I'll always be here kick you to jumpstart you. Ahihihi. :D

I for one am one of those that got burned out by advertising. I'm not trying to scare anyone who wants to get into the industry. In fact, I want to give hope and fan the flames.

I graduated with a degree in literature. No advertising units. No advertising background. But I also felt that I belonged in advertising. I tried everywhere then finally managed to break in with a small agency...as an accounts person, even if I wanted to be in creatives. Earned my stripes there. Learned the tricks of the trade. Then transferred to Lintas (now Lowe Worldwide). After some time in accounts there, someone saw some potential in me and made me a creative. After a few years, I got burned out.

So I left advertising. Went out and tried freelancing and even managed a stint as a Dj for a top FM station.

Then I realized I missed advertising. Now I'm back. And I'm currently at work...have been in the office for the past 30 hours.

Still want to be in advertising? :thumbsupsmiley:

• 1 month later...

hi... can anybody help me? am graduatin this april. and im into advertising course. im thinking of makin myself ready after resting for like 2 weeks. i dont want to stay at home for a long time because i always felt loosing my active brain cells.

can anybody help me in looking for some advertising agencies to submit my application?

agency address? phone numbers?

or if anybody here in the advertising field needed fresh graduates like me?

my training deals with tons of accounts, ad campaigns and IMC's...

as of now,,, we have the smart buddy as our client for the whole semester.

hope theres someone here whos willing to help... :(

my email is ixi_jing_ixi@yahoo.com

thank you very much guys... :)