Toyota Or Honda ?

Personally, I've got a Honda Civic FD, but I would say that it really depends on what your priority is.

If you consider automobile as something that always gets you from point A to point B, both are great at that. Reliability-wise, I don't think there is much of a difference between the two, with regards to such surveys (JD power). Performance wise, I generally consider Honda as the better choice, not because of V-Tec, but rather, power to weight ratio, the much better steering rack most Honda's have, and the close-ratio gearing of their manual cars. Comfort, I would put Toyota on a higher pedestal, simply because of the subjectively better seating Toyota have, and their comfort-oriented suspension. Fuel-efficiency-wise, Toyota might be at a lead, but with lower power from their 1.3 or 1.6 mills.

Value for money, Toyota might be the better choice; however, Honda is seen by the populace as the more luxurious brand due to most taxi (Uber and Grab) having Toyota. It might be worth it for someone to take the splurge and indulge in the refinement and power of Honda's engine, plus the aftercare in Honda's Casa is Top-notch, at least in my experiences.

Maintenance wise, Toyota parts can be sourced from just about anywhere. Honda parts are a premium at places such as Banawe in QC.

A frequently overlooked criteria is how fun to drive a car is. A car is not simply an appliance. A car will not be replaced in a couple of years. You need to enjoy what you choose, so choose what you feel is the right car for you. Nevermind statistics and numbers that might not be directly applicable to you. If numbers were the case, Hyundai should be a better car since it has the highest horsepower to weight ratio, and the largest room in the compact vehicle sizes, but I'd say that after driving most compact vehicles, Honda Civic and Mazda 3 are much more fun to drive, whether fast or slow.

Generally, my opinion is: If you want an affordable, more comfortable vehicle, pick Toyota, if you want something faster, more fun vehicle, pick Honda. Both of them are good vehicles, you just need to choose what is more important for you, your family, and your capacity to pay.

Edited by thepressurebomber

Personally, I've got a Honda Civic FD, but I would say that it really depends on what your priority is.

If you consider automobile as something that always gets you from point A to point B, both are great at that. Reliability-wise, I don't think there is much of a difference between the two, with regards to such surveys (JD power). Performance wise, I generally consider Honda as the better choice, not because of V-Tec, but rather, power to weight ratio, the much better steering rack most Honda's have, and the close-ratio gearing of their manual cars. Comfort, I would put Toyota on a higher pedestal, simply because of the subjectively better seating Toyota have, and their comfort-oriented suspension. Fuel-efficiency-wise, Toyota might be at a lead, but with lower power from their 1.3 or 1.6 mills.

Value for money, Toyota might be the better choice; however, Honda is seen by the populace as the more luxurious brand due to most taxi (Uber and Grab) having Toyota. It might be worth it for someone to take the splurge and indulge in the refinement and power of Honda's engine, plus the aftercare in Honda's Casa is Top-notch, at least in my experiences.

Maintenance wise, Toyota parts can be sourced from just about anywhere. Honda parts are a premium at places such as Banawe in QC.

A frequently overlooked criteria is how fun to drive a car is. A car is not simply an appliance. A car will not be replaced in a couple of years. You need to enjoy what you choose, so choose what you feel is the right car for you. Nevermind statistics and numbers that might not be directly applicable to you. If numbers were the case, Hyundai should be a better car since it has the highest horsepower to weight ratio, and the largest room in the compact vehicle sizes, but I'd say that after driving most compact vehicles, Honda Civic and Mazda 3 are much more fun to drive, whether fast or slow.

Generally, my opinion is: If you want an affordable, more comfortable vehicle, pick Toyota, if you want something faster, more fun vehicle, pick Honda. Both of them are good vehicles, you just need to choose what is more important for you, your family, and your capacity to pay.

Well said dude. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Between two Japanese manufacturers

Toyota's global vehicle sales, according to the number released Thursday, were down 2 percent from a year earlier, as vehicle sales in Japan lagged. Volkswagen's sales were up 1.8 percent year-on-year, while GM's were up 1.9 percent.

The race among the three automakers is intense, playing out worldwide, including relatively new markets such as India and China, although each of them emphasize that the real competition is about coming out with good products, not beating rivals.

Toyota, which makes the Prius hybrid, Camry sedan and Lexus luxury models, has had its ups and downs, such as a recall fiasco that began in 2009, as well as the 2011 tsunami and quake disaster in northeastern Japan that hobbled its parts-supply chain and factory production.

Toyota President Akio Toyoda, the grandson of the company's founder, put ambitions for aggressive growth on hold for some years after the recall scandal, which resulted in millions of vehicles being recalled, mostly in the U.S., for an array of defects.

But he recently said Toyota is ready to start growing again, although cautiously and gradually, focusing on shared parts across a variety of models that will allow the automaker to cut costs while honing in on quality control.

GM is embroiled in a defect problem of its own since last year, over problem ignition switches.

The Detroit-based automaker, which includes Chevrolet, Opel, Buick and Cadillac as its brands, was the top-selling automaker for more than seven decades until being surpassed by Toyota in 2008.

Volkswagen, which has Audi and Bugatti under its wing, has come from behind with fantastic speed in recent years, including key markets such as China where potential for growth remains great.

In 2014, Toyota became the first auto maker in the industry's history to sell more than 10 million vehicles around the world in a year.

Honda, because I used to own one :P

Lol, that aside, I like the way Honda cars look than Toyotas (except for the Odyssey, not a fan of that nose). Also, I've seen a lot of Toyotas that get wrecked beyond recognition. Also some bad publicity there, but hey, maybe I'm just biased.

I like the FJ Cruiser though so I might rethink my opinions on this one

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Honda because they put in a lot of creature comforts in their cars these days. My brother's CR-V is packed with tons of features. Dati matipid din sila sa features pero ngayon, busog na.

Toyota, on the other hand, medyo nagtitipid pagdating sa features, usually HU nila AVT lang. I drooled when I saw the features list ng Aussie spec Hilux, tapos pagdating dito, halos bare na. And I don't like the way they pressure you to buy accessories to get ahead of the waiting list.