• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Accountants\finance\auditors Etc.

Uhh, okey to be specific - corporate finance i.e. budget, treasury, fin analysis etc..

On the general aspect:

What is confusing or what causes confusion is that a CPA traditionally occupy all those functional areas but what others are professing is that CMA is at par in serving the same capacity except perhaps auditing (attesting).

I guess if you are not planning to work with auditing firm then CMA is the way to go.

It's like making a choice between Goodlife and Fusion Spa....

ano ang mas okey, CPA or CMA?

if you are currently a CMA, i suggest that it is better to become CPA becase it widens your horizon, like a CPA taking law to become a lawyer and vice versa, simply because it gives you a lot of options on your carrer path.

its an advantage to become CPA-CMA because if you got tired of your boss, you can go on your own, dami mo bala!! CPA na CMA pa, tayo ka sarili mong firm offering accounting, auditing and consultancy business. dali ka lang makakakuha ng client kasi marami kang services

back to your question, both we're fine, depende na lang sa tao kung ano plano nya sa carrer nya, kung ano yung gusto at comfortable nyang ginagawa at kung saan lumalabas yung best mo, doon ka, yung sinabi ko sa taas, suggestion lang.

its always an advantage to grasp more knowledge but jack of all trade master of none. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

CFA - chartered financial analyst (AIMR)

CFM - certified financial manager (IMA / Institute of management accountant/ CMA)

CFA - Application can be dowloaded from AIMR website (assoc..invstment management ad research) or you can email them to have a form mailed to you.

3 level, last level would be essay. Right now you can take it twice a year (may/june and december) unlike before which is only available once a year.

It's cheaper if you are a student but then again where are you going to get the money. Expect to spend 550 - 650 usd.

Uhh, okey to be specific - corporate finance i.e. budget, treasury, fin analysis etc..

On the general aspect:

What is confusing or what causes confusion is that a CPA traditionally occupy all those functional areas but what others are professing is that CMA is at par in serving the same capacity except perhaps auditing (attesting).

I guess if you are not planning to work with auditing firm then CMA is the way to go.

It's like making a choice between Goodlife and Fusion Spa....

The CPA designation is wider in scope because it covers a lot more areas than a CMA. CMA basically covers the areas of Finance (the areas you mentioned above) and Cost Accounting. Aside from all these areas, a CPA also covers the areas of auditing, general accounting, taxation, and business law.

Based on the above, I leave it to you to make the decision as to what professional certification to pursue.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
mga kapatid na CPA...

meron ba nakaka alam sa inyo kung kailan ang schedule ng CIA exams at deadline for registration? salamats...

Pards, I suggest you check the IIA's website:

www.theiia.org

See if there's a Philippine link since we're a member country anyway.

Edited by willow_boy