• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Accountants\finance\auditors Etc.

Wow dami BSA sa MTC! Yay!

mag-pa-plug ako!!

mei convention ang accountancy students hosted by National Federation of Junior Philippine Institute of Accountants (NFJPIA). lahat ng JPIA, member din ng NFJPIA.

Sa April 17-20, 2005 sa DAP Conference Center sa Tagaytay.

invited rin alumni (dating JPIA members and officers, graduated FY 2003-2004 or earlier) sa evening events.

visit na lang sa www.nfjpia.tk =)

Wow dami BSA sa MTC! Yay!

mag-pa-plug ako!!

mei convention ang accountancy students hosted by National Federation of Junior Philippine Institute of Accountants (NFJPIA). lahat ng JPIA, member din ng NFJPIA.

Sa April 17-20, 2005 sa DAP Conference Center sa Tagaytay.

invited rin alumni (dating JPIA members and officers, graduated FY 2003-2004 or earlier) sa evening events.

visit na lang sa www.nfjpia.tk =)

Shandy pwede ba advisers dyan? :sick:

In answer to your second question, an accountant's work is seldom easy and is almost always stressful.  It may not really be physically stressful (although often it is), it is very much intellectually stressful. 

There are a lot of pros and cons in choosing which field to specialize in.  Audit tends to be very stressful and low paying  :cry:  but also fulfilling in the sense that it has the most opportunities in an auditing firm :goatee: .  Financial Accountants get good pay at the start but you tend to hit a ceiling somewhere down the road (I have yet to see a rich accountant that was an employee).  :)  Tax accountants are very rewarding financially but you tend to be unglamorous (at least as accountants go  :blush:) and be viewed as "corruptors".  Management Services is very glamorous but if you do not have the right credentials, is essentially a dead-end practice for most individuals because of the larger players.  Piece of advise on how to position yourself.

Imagine what you want to be 20 years from now and then work on it.  The downside to that is that more often than not, 20 years from now, you will find yourself in something that you did not imagine you'd be in or even if you did imagine yourself in that position, it was not what you imagined it to be.  :blink:

Take it from me.  I started out aiming for Management Services practice and ended up in Tax Practice.  And I even took Tax 1 twice!!!  I swore then that tax would be the least of my priorities.  But now, I'm in tax services.  :blush:

I think Audit nga is stressful. I have a friend in this field and his favorite line is "mamatay na ako next week."

I am leaning towards tax but, sabi mo nga, hindi mo alam kung san ka mapupunta. Basta, ang goal ko ay mag-retire ng mid-40s at mag-turo na lang in my 50s.

I am enjoying accounting so far, still getting As. I don't understand why people abhor accounting and find it boring. It's so much fun (nerd!). Hindi ako nagsisisi that I went back to school to study accounting.

Hala. April 16 na.. tapos na ba ang ITR ek ek nyo?

I think Audit nga is stressful. I have a friend in this field and his favorite line is "mamatay na ako next week."

I am leaning towards tax but, sabi mo nga, hindi mo alam kung san ka mapupunta. Basta, ang goal ko ay mag-retire ng mid-40s at mag-turo na lang in my 50s.

I am enjoying accounting so far, still getting As. I don't understand why people abhor accounting and find it boring. It's so much fun (nerd!). Hindi ako nagsisisi that I went back to school to study accounting.

Hala. April 16 na.. tapos na ba ang ITR ek ek nyo?

Yup Audit is stressful but you have to consider audit is one side of the picture, while the financial accountant is on the other side of that stress of audit. After all they are the ones who have to come up with answers to the questions of the auditors to come up with a financial statement in time for the deadline. :huh: Tax is also another cause they have to figure out if what the auditors and accountants did was correct (as far as taxes are concerned). :P

Teaching will always be a good diversion for you. I taught for more than 15 years and apparently it was the only thing that kept me sane these past years. Try to go into teaching earlier cause it is not necessary to teach only after you work. For all intents and purposes, teaching while you are young make you more appealing to the students. :evil:

Guest civic_10

hi people. im currently double degree accounting student in dlsu....graduating na ako hopefully sa december....may mga alam ba kayong work na pwede ko gawin even if i havent taken the board exams yet? gusto ko sana kasi magkaron na agad ng work experience e...:D baka pwede nyo naman ako matulungan,,,...thanks :D

of course :) basta pa-register lang din...

actually madalas naman mei dalang mga adviser un ibang local chapter... simple lang naman ang system (although strict with separation of recording, execution, access to assets, wahaha) kaya pareho lang pag-process kung ang delegate ay student/prof/adviser

sama ka? sama ka na :)

Shandy pwede ba advisers dyan? :sick:

hey civic... ako rin, ae-bsa til dec :)

gusto mo magwork na? ako nag iintern ngayon sa UN, kaso lang i doubt ma-credit cia for practicum / audprac.

nakakabaliw ha mei review school pa. ciempre gusto pumasa. mei OJT. mei thesis. tapos mei pasok pa till dec. kaya sinantabi ko muna ang full-time work until i pass sa may 2006 (power of positive thinking)

pero meron din naman jobs for accounting grad kahit ndi CPA. nakakatakot lang kasi ciempre ineearn mo un pay mo (meaning, pinaghihirapan), ndi naman kalakihan yung kikitain mo muna, baka ma-risk pa ang time devoted mo to review for board, ergo probability of passing.

register ka jobstreet.com. ang dami ko nang job alerts looking for BSA grad, ndi ko naman pinapansin hehe usually sa SMEs puede more on the financial accounting/cost accounting/bookkeeping side.

i myself would rather go into corporate finance/asset management if i don't pursue research in development economics. o dba, connect? hahaha

hi people. im currently double degree accounting student in dlsu....graduating na ako hopefully sa december....may mga alam ba kayong work na pwede ko gawin even if i havent taken the board exams yet? gusto ko sana kasi magkaron na agad ng work experience e...:D baka pwede nyo naman ako matulungan,,,...thanks :D

puede nga pala kahit sa april 17 na mismo sa DAP venue mag register =)

of course :) basta pa-register lang din...

actually madalas naman mei dalang mga adviser un ibang local chapter... simple lang naman ang system (although strict with separation of recording, execution, access to assets, wahaha) kaya pareho lang pag-process kung ang delegate ay student/prof/adviser

sama ka? sama ka na :)

• 4 weeks later...

mga tax people!

i need your help.. I just want to ask kung san nakakakuha ng mga bir regulations, cta issuances and SC decisions for tax cases.. I had previous tax experience in one of the big firms before and i want to be updated sna ulit with the new issuances now that I am now in private practice.. Thanks!

Actually, there are many ways for you to get new pronouncements from the BIR. The cheapest way would be to go directly to the BIR and photocopy from them the issuances and rulings. They usually keep a very good record in BIR Main at QC. But it will cost you some with respect to the photocopying services (not to mention the hassle). A more convenient way would be to get the Lex Libris Software that has quarterly updates on matters relating to tax. Expensive lang nga.

Actually, there are many ways for you to get new pronouncements from the BIR.  The cheapest way would be to go directly to the BIR and photocopy from them the issuances and rulings.  They usually keep a very good record in BIR Main at QC.  But it will cost you some with respect to the photocopying services (not to mention the hassle).  A more convenient way would be to get the Lex Libris Software that has quarterly updates on matters relating to tax.  Expensive lang nga.

Tnx pare! hay mej hassle nga lng mgphotocpy dun noh.. meron kayang peke na lex libris sa greenhills?