The Mail Box

hi,

I miss your presence here, your witty posts, your excellent comebacks, your pertinent asides, your gentle putdowns, your literate discourses, your avatar, your highs, your lows. You were perfect, and I'm so out of your league, I guess.

I so miss your music suggestions. Jason Castro's IF I FELL has been part of my mp3 since that time you told me about it.

I also miss that smell of bagoong wafting through that "smoking house", and the talk at those ungodly hours.

I hope you're well.

n

Yo Boi,

I'm counting the days until I see you, again. Admittedly, I'm a little bit more excited than I should be. Friends. What a beautiful word- yet it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. No doubt we'll go through the same routine, like nothing's changed. I can't lock my heart up in a box, Boi. You know that, right? I don't know if I can spend another night, sharing your bed, if I need do it as a friend. You've changed something in me, and I can't change it back. I've let go- I meant that; but my heart refuses to stop loving you. Apparently, my heart is a little bit tougher than my brain- it does not want to see reason.

I'll be ok. I have been for the last month, or so. Don't rock my boat too much, please.

Thanks,

Aya

I don't hate you, but I admit I am maintaining distance because of what you did. I can't pretend all is okay when it is not - but of course, I know how to act civil. No need for us to talk - the distance is good - just change your ways try not to do what you did to your current friends, if you want them to stay with you.

yow boss!

Being the executive vice-president of the college and directress of the hospital means you don't have the time to oversee the operations of the gradeschool... thus hiring me. I am being paid to make decisions that you can't provide. My only request is to please do not just barge in to question my call when you are not even around for consultation. You're still a great boss though. Just don't push it coz I miss Manila and my family, I might just find myself packing.

My dearest friend,

There's nothing I can do to stop you from going there, is there? Sigh.

Just know that when you fall, I'll be the first to pick you up. And I won't

even nag, promise.

M

[Yes, that's a WHEN and not an IF.]

Edited by erato

Didnt mean to hurt you. I did love you. But....

Sorry.

Wanted to text you the other day because something happened to me and it reminded me of you. But i think its best if we dont keep in touch. I dont wana mess up your life again with a single text from me. Sounds a bit conceited right?

Anyway, I hope you are doing fine.

Again, im sorry.

for blake shelton:

My oh my, if you think I'm good-looking

Hold myself together like a pair of bookends

You don't know the rest of the story

Haven't seen the lines on my face in the morning.

I put whisky and lime in my iced tea,

Dance in the mirror to cheesy rock by Skiddy

Sometimes in my pyjamas

Other times just in my Havaianas.

My oh my, if you think I'm so clever,

Looking real smart in my corporate number.

You don't know I curl barefoot on the floor

When I've been wrong ten times or more.

Do you still wanna know?

Do you still wanna know?

Do you still wanna know?

Do I break things when I get mad?

No, baby, that's just in the movies.

I get on the car and drive real fast.

I dial home to listen to children's voices

My nephews talking baby and I acting fairy.

I am this when you're not around

When the lights are out and I'm all that I've got.

I read Og Mandino's self-help books

And listen to music, and yes, of David Cook.

My oh my, if you think I'm good-looking

I cry oceans without a sound, a typhoon in the making.