Random Thoughts Thread

Guest lustfortravel

Sickness is never easy to accept, not when the fear of death is near. Yet why is it more difficult for us who will be left behind to accept the reality of death ? It must come, sooner or later, regardless if we are ready or not.

It's not easy to watch someone you love take his last few breaths while you pray fervently that the Lord take him now so that he will be spared with the agony of dying slowly in pain while you watch in frustration. It's not easy to accept that in the last hours , no pain medication can help him anymore. It's not easy to accept everyone's consolation of "God's will" when they are talking about someone you dearly love.

How do you function when the last breath is taken? When the sheet is drawn over the body? How do you decide which coffin to choose while you stare blankly at the funeral parlor director talking to you, yet you're not able to hear a single word he is saying? How do you tell the police officer who flags you down for not wearing a seat belt and looks at your tear-streakened face " I'm sorry, Officer. You see, I just came from the hospital and I had to watch my father die." ?

I love you, Daddy. You will always be alive in my heart.

Edited by lustfortravel