Random Thoughts Thread

Mass. I need mass. And the totally screwed up part is that the only place that gives me solace isn't our place (not that we HAVE a place). It' yours and hers. Still, I will be there, as I badly need to touch base with the Divine. And I will secretly be searching for your face amongst the crowds.

Mass. I need mass. And the totally screwed up part is that the only place that gives me solace isn't our place (not that we HAVE a place). It' yours and hers. Still, I will be there, as I badly need to touch base with the Divine. And I will secretly be searching for your face amongst the crowds.

Christmas has been perverted into an orgy of merry-making and gift-giving for those of us who can afford to do so. Whether we are believers or unbelievers, Christmas was about God assuming human form, born in a manger, to redeem mankind. All of us, whether or not in a religious sense, need redemption. Including those of us who are ill, in pain, in distress, on the street, starving and homeless. The least of our brethren. Maybe Christmas is about remembering them, and giving them some comfort as a measure of redemption. For themselves and for each of us.

Merry Christmas.