Random Thoughts Thread

Minsan naiisip ko kung tama ba talaga itong path na kinuha ko.. masaya ako oo pero bakit onti onti na naglalaho ang nararamdaman ko para saiyo? Sana phase lang ito kasi ang hirap hirap actually. Kakapit pa ba ako o bibitaw? Pipikit nalang ako. Baka bukas magbago ang ihip ng hangin.

There are days when I fear the heaviness in my heart will drown me if I so much as step into a body of water deep enough. Then I think of those who suffer more than I do, and I am humbled. Gradually the burden becomes a mere inconvenience, until I hardly notice its presence. Empathy stems from the realization that you are not alone in suffering.

• Like (+1) 2

Gnothi seauton. Nosce te ipsum. Know thyself.

We could all use some deep introspection every now and then. Imagine the heartbreaks, broken vows, infidelity, heart thievery, divorce, and some such heartache which could be prevented if only people took the time to know themselves well before entering into a relationship in the first place. The immortal words "You complete me" in the movie Jerry Maguire may be one of the sweetest words a man can say to a woman he loves. But until he reaches deep into his core, into his essence, and finds out what really makes him happy and content, she will never be enough for him. He will always cheat if he can get away with it. There will always be a part of him which will never be content.

Know thyself, and the same applies, to be fair, to women as well.

• Like (+1) 1