Upcoming Movies - Want To Watch?

GHOST RIDER

http://www.moviereporter.net/fotos/ghost_rider/GhostRider_02.jpg

http://www.totalfilm.com/__data/assets/thumbnail/317919/varieties/5.jpg

http://www.ecranlarge.com/images/cinema/news/contenu/wesbentley_ghostrider_blackheart500p.jpg

http://www.digitalentropy.net/Internapse/gallery/albums/album43/Blaze_and_Mack.jpg

http://www.digitalentropy.net/Internapse/gallery/albums/album43/Blaze_and_Mack_2.jpg

http://www.digitalentropy.net/Internapse/gallery/albums/album43/Zombie_Citizen.jpg

World of Warcraft: The Movie

Hollywood Reporter reports that Blizzard Entertainment Inc. and Legendary Pictures are suiting up for war. The companies are teaming to produce a live-action film based on Blizzard's award-winning 'Warcraft' video games, with Legendary acquiring movie rights to the "Warcraft" universe. The "Warcraft" games debuted in 1994, and the franchise now has four titles in release. "Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness" (1995) won multiple game of the year awards, while "Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos" (2002) broke sales records. The latest game, "World of Warcraft," is one of the most popular multiplayer online role-playing games, with a reported subscription base of more than 6 million. The movie would not follow one of the games but rather be set in the epic fantasy universe, which includes orcs, trolls, elves and the undead.

Evan Almighty:

The pic is obviously of Steve Carrell as Evan Baxter after Morgan Freeman's God assigns him to build an ark à la Noah.

post-55004-1147229648.jpg

AYOS TO! PANATIKO AKO NG LARONG TOH!

GHOST RIDER

from superherohype board.

The villain in Blackheart played by Wes Bently (the kid obsessed with plastic bags in American Beauty) and he seemed to be a very over-the- top villain. His cronies are all evil versions of the elements. One is made of dirt and worms, another seems like liquid while another is a ghost or air. They are all very comic book like as well. Blackheart sent his cronies to get the Ghost Rider and steal something back so they could have all the souls on Earth and Mephisto could get none. In one scene, he takes down a whole biker bar by himself. Reminded me much of Terminator's opening scene.

Now, Ghost Rider is freaking awesome. They really nailed the look, sound and tone of this. Much better efforts than Daredevil. The flaming skull was unbelievable looking and they were still months from finishing all the effects on the film. His bike is even cooler and responds when he whistles for it. Of coarse it leaves a line of fire wherever he rides since the wheels are on fire. His weapon of choice is his chain that he wraps around his jacket. Think Indiana Jones, except that he ignites it on fire and kills ghosts instead of Nazis. One scene I saw has Ghost Rider roll up looking for Abigor (Ghost crony). This guy flies around like a cloud of black smoke. Its very cool looking. He knocks the **** out of Ghost Rider picks him up and slams him into a car. What really struck me was the way Ghost Rider got off the car. It looked like that very cheesy over-acting with the body that they use in Power Rangers and even in points of Daredevil. But they aren't going for Batman Begins here.

I watched another scene in which they meet Ghost Rider in a depot. He shows up and kicks some ass. They drive a semi into him, obviously thinking he's dead. He reappears naturally and grabs one of the baddies. He says "Look into my eyes", for all you who don't know, Ghost Rider's eye sockets allow you to relive every horrible sin you've ever committed. The voice effects on Ghost Rider were again PERFECT. It doesn't sound like it came from this world. It doesn't sound like Nick Cage. He makes the bad guy scream so horrifically, you almost have sympathy for him when Ghost Rider fire chains his ass apart.

If you liked Nick Cage in Con Air, you'll love him in Ghost Rider. I personally don't care for Mr. Cage's southern texas, cajun drawl. But! The only scene I saw with Nick as Johnny Blaze was in a police interrogation room. They police couldn't figure out how all these criminals were being incinerated while Johnny's tire tracks were there. They can't pin anything on him and it seems like Johnny himself doesn't remember becoming Ghost Rider. A cop lights a cigarrette and the flame extends a few inches, away from Johnny. They look at him and replies with something like "That was wierd." its a pretty funny scene. My only gripe with Nick Cage as Johnny Blaze is his age. He's not a late 20's or early 30's guy. He is still trying to be, with his gelled hair and leather jacket. The overall vibe was that he didn't fit the role as others might have.

The word around the office is that GHOST RIDER's trailer will be attached to X3.

Angels and Demons:

The Times Online is reporting that Tom Hanks could return to star as the Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon, who appeared in the book and will be the hero of Brown’s next novel. Paramount said: “We are very interested in filming Angels and Demons. We hope that the relationship with Dan Brown will be a long one. That could be the next project.”

Angels and Demons was the reclusive author’s third novel after he gave up his job as an English teacher. It tells the story of Langdon’s brush with a shadowy secret society, the Illuminati, and his frantic quest for the world’s most powerful energy source, in the company of a beautiful Italian physicist whose father, a brilliant physicist, has been murdered.