Upcoming Movies - Want To Watch?

"The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian"

A representative of Walden Media, which produced the Disney release The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, has revealed on the company's message board the unconfirmed news that director Andrew Adamson and the four children - Georgie Henley, Skandar Keynes, William Moseley and Anna Popplewell - have signed on again for The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.

In "Prince Caspian," troubled times have come to Narnia as it is gripped by civil war. Prince Caspian is forced to blow The Great Horn of Narnia, summoning the help of past heroes, Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy. Now they must overthrow Caspian's uncle, King Miraz, to restore peace to Narnia.

The first film, budgeted at $180 million, has already earned $456.5 million worldwide.

"Fast and Furious 3: Tokyo"

"Fast and Furious 3: Tokyo" is written by Chris Morgan ("Cellular"), who places the third entry in Tokyo: in this adrenalized new story, set in the sexy, underground world of Japanese drift racing, the newest and fastest customized rides go head-to-head on some of the most perilous courses ever seen. "Fast and Furious 3: Tokyo" follows the story of Shaun Boswell, who has always been an outsider. A loner at school, his only connection to the indifferent world around him is through illegal street racing -- which has made him particularly unpopular with the local authorities. To avoid jail time, Shaun is sent out of the country to live with his uncle in the military, in a cramped apartment in a low-rent section of Tokyo. In the land that gave birth to the majority of modified racers on the road, the simple street race has been replaced by the ultimate pedal-to-the-metal, gravity-defying automotive challenge ... drift racing, a deadly combination of brutal speed on heart stopping courses of hairpin turns and switchbacks. For his first unsuccessful foray in drift racing, Shaun unknowingly takes on D.K., the "Drift King," with ties to the Yakuza, the Japanese crime machine. The only way he can pay off the debt of his loss is to venture into the deadly realm of the Tokyo underworld, where the stakes are life and death.

Eragon:

Based on the Christopher Paolini-penned bestselling fantasy novel about a youth whose discovery of a dragon egg leads him to become a knight and battle an evil king. The medieval-set tale revolves around a farm boy who learns he is the last of a breed of benevolent Dragon Riders, whose magical powers derived from their bond with the beasts.

post-55004-1136622009.jpg

Edited by sickness
Guest Inquisitive

I just saw the new trailer of The Da Vinci Code and it really looks promising. In this trailer, Tom Hanks and the other cast members were finally presented. In fact, Tom Hanks prima facie seems to fit the role of Robert Langdon.

Guest temperamental
I just saw the new trailer of The Da Vinci Code and it really looks promising. In this trailer, Tom Hanks and the other cast members were finally presented. In fact, Tom Hanks prima facie seems to fit the role of Robert Langdon.

The girl who plays the role of Sophie Neveu is Audrey Tautou of Amelie (I ADORE her in that movie). I thought about her playing the role while I was reading the book. However, if Harrison Ford were a little bit younger and lankier, he would have perfectly fitted the role than Tom Hanks :)

Guest Inquisitive
The girl who plays the role of Sophie Neveu is Audrey Tautou of Amelie (I ADORE her in that movie). I thought about her playing the role while I was reading the book. However, if Harrison Ford were a little bit younger and lankier, he would have perfectly fitted the role than Tom Hanks :)

With due respect, I beg to disagree. :D

I have already heard that Harrison Ford would make a better Robert Langdon presumably because of his portrayal of Indiana Jones. However, the character of Robert Langdon is not as dashing and macho like Indiana Jones. Harrison Ford was perfect for the role of Indiana Jones but he may have too much machismo for the role of Robert Langdon.

Robert Langdon is primarily an academician and not an adventurer/action hero like Indiana Jones. He was just trying to solve a mystery and trying to survive in the process. It seemingly makes sense that the person who should portray Robert Langdon should not be the prototypical adventurer/action hero actor. In this sense, Tom Hanks may fit the role.

Another thing going for Tom Hanks is that he is a two time Oscar winner, proving that he can act. Although Harrison Ford is no amateur as an actor, two Oscar awards end the debate as to who is the better actor. Res Ipsa Loquitor.

I admit that assuming Tom Hanks is perfect for the role of Robert Langdon at this juncture is premature. This is purely an assumption on my part and my opinion is open to a repeal after I see the movie.