Lebron James, The King

agreed, odd right? i found kobe to be cocky and an ass, but i still rooted for the guy. with james. nothing, zilch, nada.

Me too. Hands down, Le Bron is one of the best NBA players ever but to me, tried hard as I can, I cannot and do not like him. I have nothing against him. I just don't like him as a player and as person.

I'm not much of a fan. I understand guys who hate him as a player, but as a person too? Have you seen what he has been doing outside the basketball court? He has to be one of the most charitable players out there... And with that He has my respect...

• 2 weeks later...

Lebron is cocky compared to other elite players. He blames his team mates for his own mistakes. Tries to take control of his team play all the time. He is a bonafide prima donna. Not a role model off the court because of his personality. He surrounds himself with a LOT of capable players because he really can't do it or win championships with himself and minor support.

Lebron is cocky compared to other elite players. He blames his team mates for his own mistakes. Tries to take control of his team play all the time. He is a bonafide prima donna. Not a role model off the court because of his personality. He surrounds himself with a LOT of capable players because he really can't do it or win championships with himself and minor support.

Not a role model OFF the court? Try doing some research Sir... I am not a fan of that guy ON the court, but I salute what he does OFF the court...

Did Brooklyn beat Miami in the Finals the year before when they swept the Heat in the regular season the following season? Inappropriate comparison

How is that innappropriate? What i am saying is that there so much opinions on a REGULAR season game... Everytime the Heat lost to the Nets that season, these same opinions go out... What happened in the playoffs when it mattered? 4-1...

As for the Cavs organization, they really had some bad decisions, man that Kevin Love was trade was bad + the Tristan Thompson 80M contract...

and a loser in last year's finals. Hahahaha! The stupid Cavs gave in to his wish of trading for Kevin Love, who has not led the Wolves to the playoffs, for Andrew Wiggins, who later became the rookie of the year. Wiggins had a tremendous upside and is more athletic than Love, not to mention better than Love defensively.

exactly...he thought he'd have his 3rd ring with an overrated mr. love :D

It is inappropriate because the Ws are the defending champs and the team that they beat in the finals, which is a part of the playoffs, is Cleveland and this season, they won the season series against the team that they beat, hence, the inappropriate comparison. The point is obvious. The Ws already beat the Cavs in the Finlals, which is the most important part of the playoffs.

But that was last year... I'm not a Cavs fan here, I'm just surprised about the fact that Dubs beat the Cavs by 30+ in 1 game then suddenly everybody became analysts... My point is, It was just a regular season game... Heat beat the Spurs in regular season in 2014 just to be dominated in the Finals...

maybe he didn't like the fact that miami, at the time of his arrival, was, and to date, is still dwade's team, hence, his departure...i can only surmise at this point.

It wasn't that, it was purely a business decision. Had he stayed in Miami, he would have taken another pay cut in order to share the brunt of the salary cap with Wade and Bosh. Bosh and Wade agreed to take a cut if Lebron stayed of course Just so you know, Lebron shared the highest paid salary with Bosh during his time with the Heat. Wade was the one who took 3M less than what the other 2 were paid just so the team could bring both James and Bosh together.

When he signed with Cleveland for a two year contract with a opt-out clause for the 2nd year to re-sign for more money. This year he is being paid 24M way much higher than what he was getting in Miami when he was sharing with Bosh and Wade.

One of the reasons he signed with Miami is to get championships. He wanted to get that monkey off his back. He was a bit annoying with his predictions of winning more than 8 championships which he boldly proclaimed during the Heat player introductions during that Summer.

Realistically he also figured that Miami was getting older as evident during the 2013-2014 NBA season in which Lebron was carrying the team by himself keeping them afloat because Wade was gone most of the season because of injuries.

Once his contract was up with Miami, he was already thinking of going back to Cleveland anyway since he wanted to make amends to the fans for leaving them in order to fix his image and also get a Max contract which he got.

After this season, the NBA salary cap will go up and he will definitely opt out of his 2 year contract and ask for a higher salary.

I think this spoiled brat of a prima donna, Lebitch, masterminded the ouster of David Blatt, one of the best European coaches of all time. Another stupid move by the Cavs management and Lebitch. How the f#&k could they fire someone who coached them to a finals appearance and currently the best record in the East? :wacko:

the reason? mr. lebron james tsk tsk tsk

I think this spoiled brat of a prima donna, Lebitch, masterminded the ouster of David Blatt, one of the best European coaches of all time. Another stupid move by the Cavs management and Lebitch. How the f#&k could they fire someone who coached them to a finals appearance and currently the best record in the East? :wacko:

The heart of the matter is, players didn't know of Blatt even with his resume of being a winning coach in Europe. This was still the NBA, and they look at certain coaches in the league that they have interacted with or played against and those are the type of people they look to when they want to connect with as a coach of a team. Lebron's camp originally wanted Mark Jackson before Blatt was brought in, but Dan Gilbert after hearing some things that went down with the Warriors wasn't going to hire him. Anyway, it wasn't just Lebron but the rest of the team didn't get Blatt's respect. They felt he was in over his head. This type of situation is nothing new as it has happened in the past (magic vs paul westhead). If you can't mesh the coach with your star player and the rest of the team, no matter how much you win it won't be pretty in the end.

When Lebron's camp learned that management wasn't going to hire Jackson, they instead batted for Lue. If you observe during last season, aside from the mistakes that Blatt was doing. Trying to call a timeout when there was no timeout. Lebron changing the plays called by the coach, Lebron changed a play Blatt drew up during that playoff game against the Bulls where he was directed to inbound the ball instead of taking the last shot. The players including Lebron connected more to Lue than Blatt, ultimately, i respect Blatt for being in a lose lose situation. He was a good coach but failed to connect with his players.

Edited by hahnz

Relationship with LeBron, Cavs' Players Doomed David Blatt, Opens Door for Lue

By Kevin Ding , NBA Senior Writer Jan 22, 2016

post-481684-0-47426200-1453644192_thumb.jpg

I asked David Blatt early Monday evening in Cleveland in what specific ways he had gained a greater comfort level in coaching LeBron James.

It was a softball question...if Blatt had indeed gained a greater comfort level.

It would've been easy for Blatt to knock it out of the park, gushing about how shared time and greater experience had triggered meaningful progress in his relationship with James.

Instead, Blatt offered a non-answer answer—one that showed his closeness to James remained based on workplace proximity as opposed to human connection.

"That's something you work on every day, you try to get deeper and deeper inside of," Blatt said. "But it's very comfortable coaching a guy with that level of ability and with that level of commitment to the goals that we have. That makes it pretty easy."

It was never pretty easy, it wasn't very comfortable and it isn't something Blatt will work on every day or any day again.

The Cavaliers issued their statement of intent for this season and James' remaining tenure by firing Blatt on Friday and promoting associate head coach Tyronn Lue to Blatt's post, as first reported by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.

A few hours after Blatt's strained response, the Golden State Warriors were embarrassing the Cavs on their home floor to the point James wasn't playing anymore. And it's worth noting James didn't sit with his teammates down at the far end of the bench.

James sat at the other end—next to Lue (but not Blatt). James and Lue hardly stopped talking.

It's not just James with whom Lue connects either. Blatt is an intellectual man who has a deep understanding of this game, but let's be clear: Social intelligence so often dictates career success, no matter how smart you are at whatever job you have.

Blatt's casual references to "Kev" and "Ky" and "Bron" felt unnatural and forced. Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving and James were well aware Blatt never played in the NBA—and his coaching success came overseas, not where these players got to see it and admire it. When Blatt did play in college, it was at Princeton—not UCLA or Duke.

He was hired in 2014 to teach the game to a young team, but the ground under him shifted radically when James decided 21 days later to sign with the Cavaliers again, ratcheting up every expectation.

There was a sense then that this would be awkward, the worst example of the common NBA occurrence: a superstar player having more knowledge, leadership and clout than his head coach. But because James was so wholehearted in his good intentions to come home, the hope then was that it was OK if Blatt wasn't at all a sensible fit.

Lue had been a candidate for that head job but settled for being Blatt's associate head coach and the league's highest-paid assistant—with the idea that Lue's youth and affability would help make up for Blatt's shortcomings.

Here's the lesson, though.

Guys overlook your shortcomings and appreciate your strengths if they like you and believe in you.

If they don't, then you get brusque responses like the one James gave after a brief pause when asked about the game plan in the Warriors' rout.

"The game plan was the game plan," James said.

James acknowledged that the players didn't execute that game plan, but there was no inclination to protect Blatt. Meanwhile, Blatt tried to score points with the players by telling reporters the "lack of mental preparation" for that big game was his fault.

"I told my guys: 'That starts with me,'" Blatt said.

His guys? Whatever.

Men appreciate when a leader takes on more than his share of blame when they respect that leader. When they don't, they nod their head and are happy to agree with the idea of blaming him.

Lue is 38, not that much older than James, 31. Lue played in the NBA and became a bit of a legend to the younger generation because Allen Iverson cared enough about him and his high-effort defense to taunt him during the 2001 NBA Finals.

James and Lue's time together on the bench Monday night hadn't been enough. With the Cavaliers' locker room mostly empty of players, Lue went in there again before heading home to have a few more words with James in his corner stall.

Besides his communication skills, Lue has a unique perspective on coaching star players. He saw firsthand as a player how Phil Jackson juggled Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant—and was willing to ask more of them than the other players—with the three-time champion Lakers. And Lue also was closely mentored by Doc Rivers, who has his own history working with multiple stars.

We are in a golden age of intelligence in the NBA: analytics and technology, strategies and schedules. All of that, however, can serve as no more than a supplement to the basic premise that a basketball team is a bunch of guys trying to do stuff together.

Blatt wasn't a good fit in that fundamental way. He never was.

And there's not enough time left in this season or even James' career to waste opportunities.

While they were rolling over the Cavaliers, the Warriors showed a toughness and togetherness that Cleveland did not have under Blatt.

However disappointing or glorious things turn out with Lue now, the Cavaliers will be able to look back and be at peace with at least one basic part of puzzle.

They'll know they brought real brotherhood into battle.

- this is totally opposite if the coach and the player has a mutual respect for each other like Gregg Popovich and Tim Duncan. Phil to MJ, or Phil to Kobe. Blatt was good but i think he was overwhelmed with the situation that was put in front of him and he wasn't ready for it

Edited by hahnz