• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

San Antonio Spurs

Labuyo

nabasa ko din tong article na 'to

as much as I want them to be full force for the 2 games vs GSW, nde malayo na ganyan nga mangyayari

the Spurs are already locked into 2nd place. they need to be healthy and rested for the playoffs, specially the veterans

and giving playing minutes to the bench will boost their confidence as well

Tony Parker thinks Gregg Popovich will rest starters

i was looking at the schedule and those 2 games with the Warriors are at the end of the of season and seeing that they're not really caring about the number 1 seed or even looking to break records like their own home record. I figured Pop would do that, he's always does this every year. It's no different from what he decides to do each season. Resting his main guys is one of his main goals but the reason he does this is to give the bench guys experience on situations that they can encounter in a game and also give them the confidence when he would call upon them to play in the playoffs. From a developmental aspect it helps the player to grow.

THe spurs are the ones who actually started this whole thing about resting key guys at the end of the season. Other teams just followed the trend. I don't really know why other teams would do it. Guys like Lebron, Curry, Durant, they're still very young in terms of their age its not like they need the rest. THe spurs do it because they really are old. Like Duncan or Ginobili. But more than the resting the old guys its for the bench guys too that's why Pop does it.

The upcoming games between them and the Warriors won't really be meaningful or have any bearing because I expect Pop not to play the key guys like Kawhi, Duncan and company

If they can get it while giving lots of minutes to the Boban, Simmons, Red Rocket, Anderson, and the rest of the bench, I'd have no complaints.

I won't even try to predict what Pop's move will be at this point.

Just glad I'm along for the ride as a Spurs fan.

Looking at the standings with the Warriors at 69-9 and the Spurs at 65-12 they do have a chance at getting the number 1 seed from the Warriors if they manage to win all the remaining games in their schedule and beat the Warriors twice while the Warriors will lose 3 out of their 4 remaining games. Which to me is highly unlikely that they will lose 3 of the their 4 games. Stranger things have happened but i don't think it will happen. Not to mention they have a chance to create their own Home record without a lost.

You can never tell with coach Pop as he just might decide not to care about their home record or even play his guys tomorrow against the Warriors at Oracle.

Tony Parker no longer thinks Spurs will rest down the stretch

San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker reversed course Monday night regarding his belief that coach Gregg Popovich would rest the team's frontline contributors during its next two meetings against the first-place Golden State Warriors.

Parker expected Popovich might rest key players in Monday's 88-86 win over the Utah Jazz, but Popovich utilized the majority of the roster, with five players -- Kawhi Leonard, LaMarcus Aldridge, Manu Ginobili and Kyle Anderson -- scoring in double figures. That led Parker to expect the entire group would play Thursday night at Golden State.

The teams meet again the following Sunday.

post-481684-0-37583200-1459971837_thumb.jpg

"I think we'll play," Parker said. "Utah, I thought he was going to rest everybody. But we played Utah, so I don't see any reason we're not playing Golden State."

In March, Parker expressed pessimism about the chances for a Spurs and Warriors matchup involving all the team's key players, citing Popovich's penchant for resting key contributors leading into the postseason.

"I think no one will play [against the Warriors]," Parker said on his French radio show, which was translated by News 4 San Antonio. "To Pop, the most important thing is that the players are rested for the playoffs. As for first place, he does not care. For us, the end of the regular season is a good time to rest. That's why we play hard throughout the season, trying to win the most games possible, to find ourselves in this situation of luxury. We are sure we will be the second seed and we can all rest before the playoffs."

The Spurs played nearly the entire roster in Monday's win over the Jazz except for new additions Andre Miller, Kevin Martin and rookie Boban Marjanovic. Tim Duncan played 23 minutes, and the rest of the team's starters logged at least 25 minutes apiece, including 35-plus minutes for Aldridge and Leonard, who nailed the go-ahead jumper with 4.9 seconds left and finished with 18 points. San Antonio picked up its 65th victory.

"Like I said, before the Utah game, I thought [Popovich] was going to rest everybody," Parker said. "He said he wanted to play. So if we played Utah, I don't see any reason now we're not going to play Golden State. Before, we were going to rest everybody like against Utah and Golden State. But I guess he changed his mind. Everybody's playing now."

- While Parker thinks that they will play against the Warriors tomorrow. I think that Pop will rest his players and instead have them play at At&t center at home against the Warriors to try to get their home record.