San Antonio Spurs

Labuyo

i think its also because with their style of play. some call their brand of basketball as boring. because they are not as flashy like the other teams. not to mention, there's not that much storylines that the media can spin upon each game. like if they were talking about Lebron or Curry. They have a nice story on those players on each game night and they like to watch how they play that's probably why they get the majority of the coverages.

The Spurs aren't really lacking in coverage for the media. Its just that there's not that much interest no write about. But i don't think it bothers that team. in fact i think they like to fly under the radar. Just like every season, they are consistent in how they play. They are fundamentally sound. They play the right way. Sure they don't have the flashiness of the other teams like the Warriors or OKC. But they are right there in the mix of the championship. 2nd place right now in the West. Teams don't want to sleep on this team. Because this team is stacked regardless if they are getting majority media coverage or not.

i think its also because with their style of play. some call their brand of basketball as boring. because they are not as flashy like the other teams. not to mention, there's not that much storylines that the media can spin upon each game. like if they were talking about Lebron or Curry. They have a nice story on those players on each game night and they like to watch how they play that's probably why they get the majority of the coverages.

The Spurs aren't really lacking in coverage for the media. Its just that there's not that much interest no write about. But i don't think it bothers that team. in fact i think they like to fly under the radar. Just like every season, they are consistent in how they play. They are fundamentally sound. They play the right way. Sure they don't have the flashiness of the other teams like the Warriors or OKC. But they are right there in the mix of the championship. 2nd place right now in the West. Teams don't want to sleep on this team. Because this team is stacked regardless if they That's are getting majority media coverage or not.

That's what makes this team so dangerous. They are so talented but so boring to watch unless you're building a defense to stop them.

Their motion offense can have any one go off on any given night.

But that's also why you cannot single out one superstar and why David Stern so hate the Spurs.

Because its so hard for the NBA to market them.

That's what makes this team so dangerous. They are so talented but so boring to watch unless you're building a defense to stop them.

Their motion offense can have any one go off on any given night.

But that's also why you cannot single out one superstar and why David Stern so hate the Spurs.

Because its so hard for the NBA to market them.

It's pretty much the same thing today with the Adam Silver era. The only time i see the Spurs on TV is when they do this NBA Cares promo. Even in commercials. If its not KD, its Westbrook, Blake, Curry and Lebron that they show. Not marketable enough i guess. They will be talking about them more come playoff time. During the regular season they stick to the marketable stars of the other teams to keep the public interested.

Oh by the way, one other thing i noticed. Why aren't there any Tim Duncan shoes on the shelves? or even Ginobili? Duncan is sponsored by Adidas and has his own shoe? Ginobili is with Nike. He's got his own shoe. All i see are Lebrons, KD, Melo, CP3 and other players. No spurs players shoes? Not marketable enough to the public? Hmm...

I guess the Spurs are too reliable and steady (and boring) to be marketable for the general public. Their players aren't flashy, they don't cause controversies by getting into nightclub brawls etc., and their style of play is more on sharing the ball (the stars generally play less than 30min per game). TD has such a quiet demeanor so he will always be underrated, despite his achievements.

I think maybe if Kawhi Leonard becomes a First Team All-NBA and future MVP, some shoe company might sign him to a huge deal. But he seems very quiet and low key too.

i don't think its entirely accurate that some players of the spurs weren't involved with club brawls. Tony Parker was involved in a club brawl between Drake and Chris Brown a couple years back and Parker injured his retina in the melee.

As far as shoe deals, they do have those and sponsorships from Adidas and Nike. But like i said, if they have shoe deals and sponsorships. how come i don't see any shoes being sold on the shelves of shoe stores? Nobody wants to buy them? is that why they don't put them out? kind of unfair to Timmy. I saw one of his shoes on a store once. It was with the Adidas shoe collection (i think it was back when Garnett was playing for Boston) It looked pretty good.

It's pretty much the same thing today with the Adam Silver era. The only time i see the Spurs on TV is when they do this NBA Cares promo. Even in commercials. If its not KD, its Westbrook, Blake, Curry and Lebron that they show. Not marketable enough i guess. They will be talking about them more come playoff time. During the regular season they stick to the marketable stars of the other teams to keep the public interested.

Oh by the way, one other thing i noticed. Why aren't there any Tim Duncan shoes on the shelves? or even Ginobili? Duncan is sponsored by Adidas and has his own shoe? Ginobili is with Nike. He's got his own shoe. All i see are Lebrons, KD, Melo, CP3 and other players. No spurs players shoes? Not marketable enough to the public? Hmm...

\

Would you but a Tim Duncan bank shot shoe for consistent percentage shots?

Of Course NOT

Its always the speed demon guards or the high flyer dunkers who are marketable.

Wonder if there's still a Bones Barry shoe out there for sale

Well it depends, buying shoes depends on the buyer who likes the player. Customers i think like certain shoes that their favorite players wear. If i were a guy who plays the 4 or 5 Timmy would be one of my choices to get. his shoes don't get the same media shine like the others but the designs are pretty good.

post-481684-0-31726400-1449793359_thumb.jpg

Well it depends, buying shoes depends on the buyer who likes the player. Customers i think like certain shoes that their favorite players wear. If i were a guy who plays the 4 or 5 Timmy would be one of my choices to get. his shoes don't get the same media shine like the others but the designs are pretty good.

attachicon.gifTD.jpg

I'd say very conservative design.

So TIMMY D.