• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

LA Lakers

we can never tell... but for me, one thing is sure, Kidd is far more a better coach than Ty Lie ;P Yes Lu won a championship but we all know it was because of the talent that the Cavs had that time (and probably the Mafia hahahaha)... anyway, this is what I have in Kidds coaching credentials c/o Wikipedia...

Ty Lue gets disrespected way too much for coaching Lebron James. He never gets the credit when they win but gets most the blame if Cavs lose. I fail to see where Jason Kidd is superior to Ty Lue. Kidd has never won a championship or at least reach the finals with a mediocre 183-190 coaching career record. To add insult to injury, when Bucks fired Kidd they became better. :lol:

Yes, why didn't they make him head coach? Jeannie Buss is not her father's daughter in terms of managing a team.

I prefer Vogel over Kidd. Vogel is a good defensive-minded coach turning the Pacers into one of the best defensive team in the league a couple of years ago. Among the coaches interviewed, IMHO he's the best fit for the Lakers. I even prefer him over Ty Lue.

Ty Lue gets disrespected way too much for coaching Lebron James. He never gets the credit when they win but gets most the blame if Cavs lose. I fail to see where Jason Kidd is superior to Ty Lue. Kidd has never won a championship or at least reach the finals with a mediocre 183-190 coaching career record. To add insult to injury, when Bucks fired Kidd they became better. :lol:

Lue admitted that all he did during the Cavs championship run that he just implemented what David Blatt wanted to happen. That Bron didn't do to make Blatt look bad and that got Blatt fired.

Which is...run the ball more.

I prefer Vogel over Kidd. Vogel is a good defensive-minded coach turning the Pacers into one of the best defensive team in the league a couple of years ago. Among the coaches interviewed, IMHO he's the best fit for the Lakers. I even prefer him over Ty Lue.

Frank's an old school coach that's big man centered.

His style has passed him by.

That's why he couldn't duplicate what he has with Hibbert from the "NEW" stretch bigs in Orlando.

He'd be perfect though for AD.

But they won't go far with his style in the play offs

Kapal naman ni Lebron! Jerry West is a million percent more deserving than him for a spot on the Lakers' Mt. Rushmore

Well, I won't argue with you here. The four other guys won multiple championships with the Lakers. In his lone season with the Lakers, he didn't even qualify for the playoffs.

Frank's an old school coach that's big man centered.

His style has passed him by.

That's why he couldn't duplicate what he has with Hibbert from the "NEW" stretch bigs in Orlando.

"That's why he couldn't duplicate what he has with Hibbert from the "NEW" stretch bigs in Orlando."

Well first of all Orlando is in rebuild and tanking mode when he got there. No f*cking way he can duplicate his success with that kind of roster and management mentality. I want to remind you when Vogel took over coaching job in Indiana, the Pacers was a below average team. While I agree that Hibbert was the main rim protector, the Pacers was also good in perimeter defense and clogging passing lanes. Good defense is always about having a good overall system. The glaring weakness was their offense which can be attributed to losing Danny Granger to injuries. Roy Hibbert also had his weird psychological breakdowns where he had ridiculous 0 points 0 rebounds games. Despite of this, they were able to make deep playoff runs.

He'd be perfect for AD but you're scratching off the Lakers in the playoffs this early? I think your statement is premature.

AD is a different animal. He can protect the rim at the same time guard small quicker players at the perimeter which is essential nowadays.

Edited by red60

Will Robie anong masasabi mo dito? Cough cough Larry Bird ...

Tinawanan ko lang yung post na yan. I didn't even care to comment but since you asked me, Larry never had to go to another team to win a championship. That's only one factor. I can go on and on and on and I am pretty sure I will come out on top in this Larry vs. Lechoke argument. Any takers? :lol:

Edited by will robie

Tinawanan ko lang yung post na yan. I didn't even care to comment but since you asked me, Larry never had to go to another team to win a championship. That's only one factor. I can go on and on and on and I am pretty sure I will come out on top in this Larry vs. Lechoke argument. Any takers? :lol:

There's always a grey area when it comes to the question who is the GOAT. Michael Jordan said it best. He feels that it is a disrespect to the other great players to claim the GOAT title since he had not played in the 60s and 70s. I think this applies to Bird and James. We can't really say who is better since we never saw them play together.

There's always a grey area when it comes to the question who is the GOAT. Michael Jordan said it best. He feels that it is a disrespect to the other great players to claim the GOAT title since he had not played in the 60s and 70s. I think this applies to Bird and James. We can't really say who is better since we never saw them play together.

Good point but I would still put Bird over James as the greatest small forward ever but I won't elaborate unless I am asked.

Lebron might even overtake Kareem's scoring total. This is because Lebron never had any serious injury in his career except last year. Now if Lebron played in the 80s like Bird against the bad boys Pistons, could he have played same no. of games injury free?

Good point, padre. Another good question would be, would James have taken the extreme physicality of the "Bad Boys"?