• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

LA Lakers

Cousins was recruited because AD loved playing with him in NOLA. I think Cousins' best days are behind him due to multiple injuries.

I mean the pundits who predicted an LA championship when the Lakers traded for Howard and added Nash.

In my opinion, the road to the championship will go through LA. LAC not LAL.

It was actually AD who recruited Cousins daw. They had a good run with Rondo so don't underestimate Cousins. He might surprise you next season.

Well you're not alone. LAC is the favorite to win the chip right now.

IMO, recent acquisitions of Cousins and Bradley by the Lakers give them a slight edge over the Clips, talent-wise. What tips the favor to the Clips, though, is better coaching, defense, continuity/chemistry from the supporting cast, and overall organizational support. Still early in the offseason and I see both teams tweaking their teams, possibly even upto the trade deadline. A lot of chatter on Iguodala joining either team but I'm not so sure of his fit to both teams as they are already stacked at the wings. The Lakers addressed their guard depth with Bradley while the Clips look to be missing another serviceable big.

For the season, I think both teams will load manage their superstars and will most likely cede the no. 1 seed to either the Nuggets or Jazz - both of whom can give both LA teams a run for their money. The West is better than ever with the Blazers, Spurs, Rockets and the decimated but proud Warriors also in the playoff mix. The young guns in the Pelicans, Mavericks and Kings may provide some challenge but are a season or two away. The Grizz and Thunder are rebuilding, The Wolves are in purgatory and the Suns are in ... nevermind.

Don't have any fearless forecasts yet but very excited for the upcoming season.

IMO, recent acquisitions of Cousins and Bradley by the Lakers give them a slight edge over the Clips, talent-wise. What tips the favor to the Clips, though, is better coaching, defense, continuity/chemistry from the supporting cast, and overall organizational support. Still early in the offseason and I see both teams tweaking their teams, possibly even upto the trade deadline. A lot of chatter on Iguodala joining either team but I'm not so sure of his fit to both teams as they are already stacked at the wings. The Lakers addressed their guard depth with Bradley while the Clips look to be missing another serviceable big.

Too early to say if Cousins and Bradley will have a huge impact but like what I said earlier 3.5M and 4M respectively is low risk and potentially high return contracts. Lakers need Iguodala more. Turns out Lakers are now stacked with guards and shooters. Lakers could use 1 more forward that can play defense. I think the only backup for Davis is Jared Dudley. According to reports Lebron James will play point guard ala Ben Simmons so the starting 5 will probably be like:

C Mcgee or Cousins

F Davis

F Kuzma

G Green

G Lebron James

Edited by red60

Looks like you don't know the details of the trade. It's PG for Alexander, Gallinari, and draft picks. Kawhi and PG will replace the starting position of Alexander and Gallinari so how does that affect the bench depth of the Clippers? They still have Lou Williams (6th man of the year), Harrell (nominee for 6th man of the year), Shamet, McGruder, Harkless coming off the bench. This is one of the best bench unit in the NBA right now. :lol: :lol:

I understood the line up, and that same back up line up crumbled under pressure... :P

I understood the line up, and that same back up line up crumbled under pressure... :P

Clippers bench crumbled under pressure? Did you even watch the Clippers vs GSW series? Have you ever watched a Clipper game this year?

The clippers entered the playoff 8th Seed without a single all-star player in their team and facing top seed Golden State Warrior with Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson, Curry, Iguodala in the line up. Majority of analysts were saying that GSW will sweep the clippers but they managed to push the warriors to 6 games under the brilliant play of their bench. Lou Williams and Harrell stepped up ano pinagsasabi mong "crumbled under pressure". Clippers bench has been the X-factor the entire year. Clippers is known to have the best bench in the NBA averaging 52.7PPG at 48% FG shooting. More importantly they were able to somehow to keep all the important bench players this coming season. If you do not watch the Clippers game stop making nonsense comments and belittling Clippers bench. Stop doing drugs! :lol:

It was actually AD who recruited Cousins daw. They had a good run with Rondo so don't underestimate Cousins. He might surprise you next season.

Well you're not alone. LAC is the favorite to win the chip right now.

Yup, that's what I said. Well, we are not the only ones who believe that LAC is the favorite in the West now. Paul Pierce and Chauncey Billups think so too.

Edited by will robie

Lac? Di nga makaalis ng first round yan sa west. Kahit yung lob city pa team nila. Parehas pa may history ng leg injury si PG at KL. Instant contender agad? Doc rivers nabuhat lang nila garnet, rondo, pierce at allen. At tinalo din ng isang superstar na si kobe next nila magkita.

Lagpas muna first round ang aim ng Lac bago championship contender. Hehehe! Parang boston kang din nung iniured si kyrie at gordon, malaya ang offense at defense. Masmalakas pa okc westbrook and adams and pg.

Epic comeback ng lakers puro vets at mga nakatikik na ng championship ung iba. Avery and green palang sarap na sa defense. Sama pa si KCP. Kaso tamad mag defense si lebron hehe. Injury lang kalaban nglakers at marami history si AD. Hhaha para sya balikbayan box fragile handle with care. Si kuzma susi ng lakers

Lac? Di nga makaalis ng first round yan sa west. Kahit yung lob city pa team nila. Parehas pa may history ng leg injury si PG at KL. Instant contender agad? Doc rivers nabuhat lang nila garnet, rondo, pierce at allen. At tinalo din ng isang superstar na si kobe next nila magkita.

Lagpas muna first round ang aim ng Lac bago championship contender. Hehehe! Parang boston kang din nung iniured si kyrie at gordon, malaya ang offense at defense. Masmalakas pa okc westbrook and adams and pg.

Epic comeback ng lakers puro vets at mga nakatikik na ng championship ung iba. Avery and green palang sarap na sa defense. Sama pa si KCP. Kaso tamad mag defense si lebron hehe. Injury lang kalaban nglakers at marami history si AD. Hhaha para sya balikbayan box fragile handle with care. Si kuzma susi ng lakers

Lots of random sh*t going on here umabot pa sa 2010 Boston Celtics at LA Lakers. :lol: Just want to point out that Kobe Bryant had plenty of help coming from Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Healthy Andrew Bynum, Ron Artest, Brown, Farmar Lakers team was no doubt a championship caliber and not some scrub team that Kobe Bryant had to carry on his shoulder. On the other hand, Celtics were also a good star-studded team but majority of the key players were already at the tail end of their careers (Ray Allen 34, Pierce 32, Garnett 33, Wallace 35..)

Back to 2019, the moment you add finals MVP, Kawhi and 2nd runner-up regular season MVP, Paul George to a playoff team you instantly get a championship contender. Take note that the word "contender" does not guarantee a championship. It only means you have a good chance of winning a championship. Baka nalilito ka, walang nagsasabi dito na siguradong mag-champion ang Clippers. Nililinaw ko lang. With regards to injury, AD and DMC are prone to injury even Lebron James who was known to be durable suffered a groin injury last year so it's not just PG and KL. Lahat ng teams kalaban ang injury. No need to stress this point over and over again, it was already crystal clear in the 2019 NBA finals when KD and Klay went down. :rolleyes:

Edited by red60

I will indulge you using your logic. If KG, PP and Allen, indeed, carried Doc, then PG and Kawhi could carry Doc. I mean Kawhi just won a championship and PG was an MVP candidate last year. Were CP, Griffin, or Jordan MVP candidates?

How could the Clippers even get past the first round when they had no superstar to carry them? In order to win in the NBA, you need talent and superstars have talent. The Clippers weren't even supposed to last 6 games against the mighty Ws, yet, they took them to 6 games. At first glance, the Clippers vs. Warriors face off in the first round reeked of a sweep but the Clippers showed their character. What more if Kawhi and PG are there?

You're talking of the Clippers not getting past the first round. The Lakers didn't even make the playoffs for the 6th straight season.

Lots of random sh*t going on here umabot pa sa 2010 Boston Celtics at LA Lakers. :lol: Just want to point out that Kobe Bryant had plenty of help coming from Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Healthy Andrew Bynum, Ron Artest, Brown, Farmar Lakers team was no doubt a championship caliber and not some scrub team that Kobe Bryant had to carry on his shoulder. On the other hand, Celtics were also a good star-studded team but majority of the key players were already at the tail end of their careers (Ray Allen 34, Pierce 32, Garnett 33, Wallace 35..)

Back to 2019, the moment you add finals MVP, Kawhi and 2nd runner-up regular season MVP, Paul George to a playoff team you instantly get a championship contender. Take note that the word "contender" does not guarantee a championship. It only means you have a good chance of winning a championship. Baka nalilito ka, walang nagsasabi dito na siguradong mag-champion ang Clippers. Nililinaw ko lang. With regards to injury, AD and DMC are prone to injury even Lebron James who was known to be durable suffered a groin injury last year so it's not just PG and KL. Lahat ng teams kalaban ang injury. No need to stress this point over and over again, it was already crystal clear in the 2019 NBA finals when KD and Klay went down. :rolleyes:

You're one of the few sensible Laker fans, padre. As for the others, never mind. :lol:

Edited by will robie

Not a laker fans.

Masyado kayo elibs sa clippers paglipat ni kawhi eh at kahit wala si kawhi. Seriously, help kay kobe bryant sinabi mo vs what 3 hall of famers and rondo. Si pau gasol support cast lang. Si lamar odom? Lolz 😂 si artest lang naiba sa lineup na defensive player. Pakipost mga score ng players lakers nun kung meron nga help si kobe.

Red and will, wag kayo mawawala sa playoffs ha. Abangan nyo clippers nyo. Hahaha

Denver, blazers, warriors, houston, lakers, jazz, spurs, jesus masyado elibs kay kawhi and pg the traitor. Hahaha

Not a laker fans.

Masyado kayo elibs sa clippers paglipat ni kawhi eh at kahit wala si kawhi. Seriously, help kay kobe bryant sinabi mo vs what 3 hall of famers and rondo. Si pau gasol support cast lang. Si lamar odom? Lolz si artest lang naiba sa lineup na defensive player. Pakipost mga score ng players lakers nun kung meron nga help si kobe.

Red and will, wag kayo mawawala sa playoffs ha. Abangan nyo clippers nyo. Hahaha

Denver, blazers, warriors, houston, lakers, jazz, spurs, jesus masyado elibs kay kawhi and pg the traitor. Hahaha

You're obviously not a laker fan, halatang halata naman pero makapag salita ka parang alam na alam mo yung lineup ng Lakers. :rolleyes: Let me educate you. For your information non-laker fan, Kobe Bryant was already slowly declining at that time, he was averaging 26 PPG, still great, but far from his glory days when he was younger. He was already deferring to his supporting cast of Pau Gasol who averaged 17.8 PPG, Bynum 15+ PPG and other laker players. FYI, the leading scorer for the Boston Celtics is Paul Pierce who averaged 18+ PPG. Yung minamaliit mo na supporting cast is averaging almost the same as the leading scorer of the opposing team. hahahaha If you know anything about basketball a superstar without a strong supporting cast won't win a championship. i-Post ko mga scores? You do your own research, stats are all there. Gagamit ka ng example di ka naman pala lakers fan tapos ang tamad tamad mo pa mag research kaya mali mali pinagasasabi mo dito. :lol:

"Red and will, wag kayo mawawala sa playoffs ha. Abangan nyo clippers nyo. Hahaha

Denver, blazers, warriors, houston, lakers, jazz, spurs, jesus masyado elibs kay kawhi and pg the traitor. Hahaha"

Alam mo halatang hindi ka nagbabasa o sadyang hindi ka marunong umintindi. Wala naman nagsasabi na siguradong mag-champion ang Clippers dahil lang lumipat si KL at PG. Nakaka intindi ka ba ng salitang "contender"? Yung mga ilan sa mga binanggit mong teams championship contender din yan lalo yung Nuggets isama mo na ang 76ers at Bucks. PG the traitor? hahaha mukhang matindi galit mo kay PG, OKC fan ka ba? Kaya ka ba triggered?

I am not a clipper fan. I'm merely stating the fact that KL and PG, who are both MVP caliber players, significantly elevated the chances of the Clippers of winning. Nobody is saying that they are the runway winners but they are the favorites among sports analysts and former NBA players. Pagsabihan mo mga sports analyst sila ang bilib na bilig kay Kawhi and PG. Feeling mo ata mas magaling ka pa sa kanila. hahaha. Di ko alam kung ano yung pinaglalaban mo sobra kang triggered binalikan mo pa yung 2010 mali mali naman mga examples mo. :ninja:

If you try back reading this is what I said "At the end of the day we just have to wait and see what happens." There's obviously no guarantee in the NBA. Anything can happen. Raptors vs GSW had proven this last season.

Edited by red60