• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Boston Celtics

Well we can interpret statements all we want but IMHO the "real" plan A is trading for Anthony Davis and sign Kyrie Irving. When Rich Paul made it clear that AD won't sign with Boston next year, Danny Ainge had to proceed with plan B, C. D...

But what if AD wanted to play in Boston? Celtics will probably trade Tatum, Smart, and Brown. Kyrie might stay in Boston since the young players are gone. If Kyrie still decided to leave they could still get Kemba and Kanter.

If AD wanted to play in Boston? Danny probably trades Tatum or Brown with salary fillers but not both.

The only team I am wary about in the upcoming season is the Sixers. Now that they have Horford, the Sixers have another threat in the post and an additional floor stretcher. However, I am confident that Brad will have a scheme to counter this Embiid-Horford duo.

Walker, Brown, Tatum, Hayward and Kanter are an offensive juggernaut in the regular season. Come playoff time, Kanter may be a liability on defense and by that time so Time Lord has to take that big leap come playoff time. He has elite athleticism but he needs to learn defensive positioning like Horford does.

The late Celtic great Reggie Lewis was the only player to block Michael Jordan four times in one game. MJ called him the toughest player in the league to go up against and with good reason. Reggie was one of the best two-way players in the game at that time. He and Len Bias would have given the Cs a couple more championships.

Edited by will robie

Hayward and Tatum may be slightly inferior to George and Leonard but I have faith in our guys. But I am pretty sure Walker and Brown are superior to the starting back court of the Clippers.

Slightly inferior? Tatum and Brown are great young talents but they have loooong way to go.

Slightly inferior? Tatum and Brown are great young talents but they have loooong way to go.

I was referring to the Hayward and Tatum front court duo in the context of this year. Tatum has quite a high ceiling. So does Brown. Kemba and Jaylen are better than Beverley and Shamet. As for the center, Kanter has the edge over Zubac.

I was referring to the Hayward and Tatum front court duo in the context of this year. Tatum has quite a high ceiling. So does Brown. Kemba and Jaylen are better than Beverley and Shamet. As for the center, Kanter has the edge over Zubac.

Made a mistake. Yes I was pertaining to Hayward and Tatum. "Slightly inferior to PG and Kawhi" is being very generous to Tatum and Hayward based on their numbers last year. I like Zubac over Kanter because of his defense.

Edited by red60

Made a mistake. Yes I was pertaining to Hayward and Tatum. "Slightly inferior to PG and Kawhi" is being very generous to Tatum and Hayward based on their numbers last year. I like Zubac over Kanter because of his defense.

As much as I'd like to watch the Cs and the Lakers since they are really historical and bitter rivals, I'd like to see the Cs play against the other team from LA who have a coach that coached the Cs to their last championship and, arguably, two of the top five players in the NBA. Lahat yata ng Boston dati napupuntang LA. Doc Rivers, Avery Bradley, Rajon Rondo, etc. :lol:

Players that have committed
  • Jaylen Brown (Boston Celtics)
  • Mason Plumlee (Denver Nuggets)
  • Julius Randle (New York Knicks)
  • Marcus Smart (Boston Celtics)
  • Thaddeus Young (Chicago Bulls)
  • Harrison Barnes (Sacramento Kings)
  • Kyle Kuzma (Los Angeles Lakers)
  • Brook Lopez (Milwaukee Bucks)
  • Kyle Lowry (Toronto Raptors)
  • Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks)
  • Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz)
  • Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics)
  • P.J. Tucker (Houston Rockets)
  • Myles Turner (Indiana Pacers)
  • Kemba Walker (Boston Celtics)
  • Bam Adebayo (Miami Heat)

Source: CBS Sports

Why not just let Brad Stevens coach the FIBA World Cup team? :lol:

If the four of them make this team, I will be cheering this team since 4 of the guys in my team are here. Let's go USA Celtics! :lol:

Edited by will robie