• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Boston Celtics

Celts are set to play positionless basketball IMHO:

PG: Plug in either a 3-n-D PG (Marcus Smart), or a smart playmaker and scorer (Rozier)
SG: Jaylen Brown - Elite perimeter defender and improving scorer, getting better at attacking close-outs and positioning himself off the ball.

F: Jayson Tatum - He needs to assume the #1 Offensive option mindset. He has the moves and the mental fortitude as seen in his rookie playoff campaign. He shines under bright lights. Will probably average 21-7-3-1-1 in his 3rd season.
F: Gordon Hayward - He can operate as an off-ball sniper or an on-ball decision maker, pick and roll ball handler and screener, He's Thad Young on steroids where you can plug and play him in any capacity.

C: A defensive center who can roll. They can go for Clint Capela, or develop Robert Williams. They can also opt to go for Vooch as a traditional Center who can stretch the floor, but I dont think he fits Brad Steven's faster paces style. You can even plug in Daniel Theis in here, but he's better suited as a backup center.

They wont win any championships but they will make noise and develop the youngsters that they have. They are going to be fun to watch again without the ball dominant ways of Kyrie (who is btw a biiiiiig hole on defense).

Probs will secure the 3rd/4th seed and exit the 2nd round again.

Celts are set to play positionless basketball IMHO:

PG: Plug in either a 3-n-D PG (Marcus Smart), or a smart playmaker and scorer (Rozier)

SG: Jaylen Brown - Elite perimeter defender and improving scorer, getting better at attacking close-outs and positioning himself off the ball.

F: Jayson Tatum - He needs to assume the #1 Offensive option mindset. He has the moves and the mental fortitude as seen in his rookie playoff campaign. He shines under bright lights. Will probably average 21-7-3-1-1 in his 3rd season.

F: Gordon Hayward - He can operate as an off-ball sniper or an on-ball decision maker, pick and roll ball handler and screener, He's Thad Young on steroids where you can plug and play him in any capacity.

C: A defensive center who can roll. They can go for Clint Capela, or develop Robert Williams. They can also opt to go for Vooch as a traditional Center who can stretch the floor, but I dont think he fits Brad Steven's faster paces style. You can even plug in Daniel Theis in here, but he's better suited as a backup center.

They wont win any championships but they will make noise and develop the youngsters that they have. They are going to be fun to watch again without the ball dominant ways of Kyrie (who is btw a biiiiiig hole on defense).

Probs will secure the 3rd/4th seed and exit the 2nd round again.

If the Cs sign Kemba Walker, Rozier is sure as gone. Kemba will more than make up for the impending loss of Kyrie Irving. Kyrie is, in my opinion, still the best shot maker in the NBA but Kemba has the sickest cross over in the NBA. Kyrie'ss diva attitude is what held the Celtics from fulfilling their potential. He's a Robin, not a Batman and it has been proven last year. KI averaged 23.8 ppg last year while KB averaged 25.6 ppg for the Hornets. Although it's possible that Walker will be the focal point of the offense, it is also probable that the Jays are given the keys to the offense by Brad Stevens. One thing the Cs lack is a serviceable big man. It may take a year or two before "Time Lord" realizes his potential. As for a championship, we will see. The pundits never even gave the Cs a shot at the ECF two years ago without GH and KI but the Cs were a good quarter away from being the Eastern champs. Now that the diva and his ball-hogging ways are gone, Brad can now resume his "read and react" offense. The Jays were raw two years ago and this year could be their breakout year. I see Jaylen Brown as Kawhi Leonard like but, of course, Kawhi has better handles and shot making plus mental toughness which Jaylen still has to develop.

Edited by will robie

With the impending Kemba Walker signing, Marcus Smart will come off the bench. I can't exactly say Kemba is an upgrade from Kyrie but, at least, he does not have the diva attitude of Kyrie. The player with the sickest cross over in the NBA is now with the Cs. We also get one of the top six guards in the NBA as he is on the Third Team All NBA. I almost forgot. Kemba once scored 60 points in one game in Charlotte. The only Celtic I know who scored 60 in a game was someone from French Lick, Indiana.

Edited by will robie

With the impending Kemba Walker signing, Marcus Smart will come off the bench. I can't exactly say Kemba is an upgrade from Kyrie but, at least, he does not have the diva attitude of Kyrie. The player with the sickest cross over in the NBA is now with the Cs. We also get one of the top six guards in the NBA as he is on the Third Team All NBA.

I agree Kemba is better fit than Kyrie but take note if they give him the max contract (32M), he'll eat up the 33M free cap space assuming Horford, Kyrie, Morris won't sign with the Celtics.

I believe Michael Jordan is the GOAT as a player but heck he's the worst owner in the NBA right now. If he's not willing to give Kemba the max then why didn't he just trade him last year?? He could have gotten decent players plus draft picks. Unbelievable... MJ and his front is soooooooooooo inept.

Edited by red60

I agree Kemba is better fit than Kyrie but take note if they give him the max contract (32M), he'll eat up the 33M free cap space assuming Horford, Kyrie, Morris won't sign with the Celtics.

I believe Michael Jordan is the GOAT as a player but heck he's the worst owner in the NBA right now. If he's not willing to give Kemba the max then why didn't he just trade him last year?? He could have gotten decent players plus draft picks. Unbelievable... MJ and his front is soooooooooooo inept.

In terms of talent, Kyrie is a tad, just a tad bit better than Kemba but Kemba does not have the diva attitude of Irving. As for Jordan being the GOAT, I would have to disagree with you on this. I can tell you why. Hehe.

Yes, MJ sucks as an owner. Kemba was the heart and soul of the Hornets and he just let him go just like that.

In terms of talent, Kyrie is a tad, just a tad bit better than Kemba but Kemba does not have the diva attitude of Irving. As for Jordan being the GOAT, I would have to disagree with you on this. I can tell you why. Hehe.

Yes, MJ sucks as an owner. Kemba was the heart and soul of the Hornets and he just let him go just like that.

Hornets could have traded him last year. Now, Walker is walking for nothing. They have zero leverage and cant event do a sign and trade. Hahahaha I don't think this is the right thread for the GOAT debate. Let's just say that Jordan is one of the GOAT as a player but the complete opposite as an owner.

Parang natrade lang si Kemba for Rozier

"Parang" pero hindi talaga... Plus luging lugi Hornets hahaha