• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

sana kasi sagutin na lang yung tanong ni skitz di ba, imbes na pagalingan ng pag quote mula sa ibang site. wala na ngang original thought, off topic pa.

Is this for me? It's not OT. If you read it, that tribe existed without a god or concept of heaven and hell. And they were still able to live their lives without killing each other.

Caring for the old was reciprocity. They don't stock up on food. They just share. You probably have to read more about them if you want specifics on other concerns you may have.

Is this for me? It's not OT. If you read it, that tribe existed without a god or concept of heaven and hell. And they were still able to live their lives without killing each other.

Caring for the old was reciprocity. They don't stock up on food. They just share. You probably have to read more about them if you want specifics on other concerns you may have.

no it wasn't about you. and sorry, i don't have the foggiest idea what you are talking about. i guess i'll have to backread now since it looks like you are actually on topic, which means i have to wade through the others' posts again *groan*

This might be a good read to start.

http://ffrf.org/publ...ss-without-god/

oh you meant this link. you want me to read that lengthy article by a professor who went to the amazon and lost his faith? it doesn't even have any nice photos!

so these piraha have no concept of God, and justice is something like whacking your husband on the head because he slept with another woman. is that the moral code you meant? what do you think? is the fact that these people are happy (or so they say in their monolingual way) proof that they understand morality? how is immediacy of experience a moral code? or do you think their promiscuity and penchant for having lots of sex during the full moon a code of some sort?

your turn.

wow i was supposed to post something but i got so lost in the myriad of vheRR's rhetorical questions that it spaced me out

(no seriously vheRR, im not angry at you or picking a fight - i am just merely suggesting that you end your answers with a period for a change)

anyway, to specifically answer the question "God's moral code - do we still need it?"

(and please pardon my amateur-ish post)

I'd say it depends.

if we put God (or any other deity) out of the equation as per Skitz's initial argument then NO. that is why you have atheists or people who have their own sets of morals who base their beliefs on something that isnt related to any god or religion. it could be scientifically based or plainly something out of their own minds. (which basically i think is what vheRR is driving at)

if we put God into the equation then YES. i think we (yes i believe in God) just cannot avoid basing our morals on lets say the Bible or the Koran. just like i am pro contraception but anti abortion (get it? there's always a reference to "do not k*ll" which is a basic Bible teaching). --- (jhp is a good example if you back read).

but if there is something i will (or can) agree on is that we need a Moral Code whether its God based or not. something "unbendable" (to quote dungeonbaby) because without basis we are nothing. we actually dont have to believe it per se - its sort of a starting point where people can agree on and from there move on to what they think is right or wrong. whether it be that God created all human beings or we evolved from some kind of bacteria (or we were just thought of by someone and poof there goes jayzip).

Suggestion for you Mang Vherr: During a big rally of El Shaddai or the GEM of Iglesia ni Cristo, go upstage then grab the microphone from the main speaker, then tell the mammoth audience that there is no God. Let's see what will happen to you. C'mon Mang Vherr, do it!

... at kung ano man ang "mangyari" sa akin,

... therefore, totoo ang kanilang dios?

... kunsabagay, paano nga ba napatunayan ng mga Kastila na totoo ang kanilang dios nang dumating sila sa Pilipinas?

Evading the practical question uli. We don't talk at your level Vherr. You are blind to religious politics hehehe. Mag-aral ka muna kapatid. Read... read... and read social and religious events! Para matuto at maging matalino. :)

... "evading"?

... sumagot ako, sumasagot ako, at sasagot ako,

... eh "ikaw"?

... again, magkaiba ang "mahusay ka" sa "mahusay ka at mapatutunayan mo".

sana kasi sagutin na lang yung tanong ni skitz di ba, imbes na pagalingan ng pag quote mula sa ibang site.

... sinagot na.

wala na ngang original thought, off topic pa.

... so, ang mga kaalaman na natutunan mo sa paaralan at sa ibang tao, hindi mo ba ginagamit?

The quotations below that you have borrowed from Russell and Dawkins are marks of close-minded thinking process. They were wrtitten at a time when the authors were at their lowest spiritual/philosophical state of mind. So what do you expect? Even Russell himself was no longer like that in his later books and pronouncements. I suggest that you read all Russell's books and then balance with other authors like Kierkegaard, Adorno, and others.

Go ahead Bro!

We are survival machines—robot vehicles blindly programmed to preserve the selfish molecules known as genes. This is a truth which still fills me with astonishment.

Richard Dawkins (1941 - )

British ethologist.

The Selfish Gene

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt.

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

British philosopher and mathematician.

The Autobiography of Bertrand Russell

... ginagamit ko ang quotation depende sa kung ano ang "nilalaman" ng quotation at hindi sa kung ano ang estado ng pag-iisip ng author,

... at bago ka magbigay (muli) ng payo, "ipagtanggol" mo muna ang iyong "sinabi",

... uulitin ko uli, magkaiba ang "mahusay ka" sa "mahusay ka at mapatutunayan mo".

... si Optimus Prime at ang dios mo (assuming na theist ka),

... parehong "produkto ng imahinasyon",

... unless na kaya mong "patunayang totoo" ang dios mo.

I don't have much time, so I'll answer in installments.

But you seem to keep missing the point (with reference to your old, repetitive, simplistic, cut-and paste posts):.

-- To start with, to dismiss both Optimus Prime and the existence of God as "producto ng imahinasyon" is to ignore the thousands of years of reflection and argumentation for -- and against -- the existence of God. So lumping OP and God together as "producto ng imahinasyon" is, to say the least, well, ignorant..

-- And the thousands of years of argumentation back and forth suggests that there is a higher level of "katunayan" needed here. So, my friend, can you define the parameters that would satisfy the "katunayan" you are asking for?

TO BE CONTINUED. DI PA TAPOS.

I don't have much time, so I'll answer in installments.

But you seem to keep missing the point (with reference to your old, repetitive, simplistic, cut-and paste posts):.

-- To start with, to dismiss both Optimus Prime and the existence of God as "producto ng imahinasyon" is to ignore the thousands of years of reflection and argumentation for -- and against -- the existence of God. So lumping OP and God together as "producto ng imahinasyon" is, to say the least, well, ignorant..

-- And the thousands of years of argumentation back and forth suggests that there is a higher level of "katunayan" needed here. So, my friend, can you define the parameters that would satisfy the "katunayan" you are asking for?

TO BE CONTINUED. DI PA TAPOS.

... "higher level of katunayan"?

..."higher level" ba ng "katunayan" ang ginamit mo kaya ka naniwala na totoo ang dios mo?

... sa isang karaniwang bata na ipinanganak sa isang pamilya na may pinaniniwalaang dios, "higher level of katunayan" ba ang kinailangan para paniwalaan nyang totoo ang dios na sinasamba ng kanyang pamilya?

... "ikaw" ang naniniwala,

... kaya ikaw ang maglatag sa kung ano ang ginagamit mong "sukatan" ng iyong paniniwala na totoo ang dios mo.

Ms Vherrah, pls be sensitive! This is not a thread about you but about God's moral code. Moral codes that are designed to benefit those who adhere to them.

... "about God's moral code. Moral codes that are designed to benefit those who adhere to them",

... tungkol ba rito ang sinasabi mo,

Now therefore k*ll every male among the little ones, and k*ll every woman that hath known man by lying with him. (Num31:17 KJV)

But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. (Num31:18 KJV)

And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Heshbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city. (Deu 3:6 KJV)

... ano ngayon ang "pagkakatulad" ng Morality na ibinigay kuno ng dios mo sa Morality ni Adolf Hitler noong panahon ng Holocaust?