Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

i agree...so buy yourself a daily beater...make it a seiko...:D (won't mind if you get an orient or citizen... :cool: watches)

why do most people have a beater watch? most people buy rolexes for its oyster case and durability yet just use it for special events. isnt that an irony? if you could afford a rollie, you could definitely afford a car and not go to dangerous places.

olympic village in gateway had an eco-zilla around two months ago but their citizen booth just folded up...don't know why...only its tissot booth is still there...it was priced at around 15k but had a discounted price at 8k...i wonder what happened to the citizens...

ah sayang! ok na sana ung price... eh un mga tuna meron na ba dito? kahit saang watch shop wala pa ko nakita eh

I agree with Koopahl...

rolex and high end watches are built for everyday use...not only for special occasions...

thats whay its more practical to wear not so expensive but good quality watches like the seiko... these things are good all around watches and are just as handsome and manly... just like other highend seamasters or rollies...

seiko professional divers aka tunacans are hard to find and come by, the holy grail for serious seiko WIS...the MarineMaster is being sold almost at $1k and there are only 3000 of them made...

so far, i haven't come across a tunacan being sold or traded here...and if there were, its likely they are being kept in vaults :D

post-91934-1157927225.jpg

Edited by koopahl

Seiko Gyro Marvel was the automatic version of the Seiko Marvel. Released in 1959 it was Seiko's

second automatic watch. The Suwa made 17 jewel low beat (18000 bph) movement 290 was the first to

have Seiko's magic lever system. ei8htohms of SCWF posted that the cal 290 in Gyro Marvels

used "a Seiko automatic system on an ETA ebauche (actually it's not clear if it was an ETA ebauche or

just a design that was copied from ETA). This info comes from the Hampel book on 'Automatic

Wristwatches from Germany, Japan, US, etc.'".

post-91934-1157934473.jpeg

post-91934-1157934495.jpg

Edited by koopahl
man...does this watch ROCK or what? best diver SECTOR has ever made - time2watch @ udwf said...

i agree :thumbsupsmiley:

unfortunately, this model has been discontinued since 2004...sheesh! :thumbsdownsmiley:

but how about this "hommage" to something you and i know we'll never be able to afford, except for that congressman who bought two of them coz its his namesake... :P

oh btw, that bezel won't fit an skx007 or 009 so better leave it to this "poor man's watch"...

post-91934-1158106330.jpg

Edited by koopahl