Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

HI Guys!

I was wondering if anybody here may be able to help me....

I have a beautiful Omega Seamaster that was handed down to me by my grandfather. The watch is easily late 50's or very early 60's.

My problem is that for the first time since I have had it in years... the watch slowed down and at one moment even stopped.

I called up the Omega service center in Makati and they said that an old watch such as mine will definitely have some mechanical problems and that it certainly would need cleaning as well. I agree with their statement but the price is just hmmm.. shall we say not in my neighborhood?

Minimum PhP 12,000 just to do some standard cleaning with minor change in parts if so required. If the watch has bigger problems, they will then send it ot Switzerland for repairs and thsi will be for a period of 3 months.

I understand all these but is their an alternative?

I was hoping that someone in this forum may know of somebody qualified to fix watches in a home service environment ?

Ok naman ako to pay a good amount but preferably less than Php10k.

Just wondering if meron kayong alam na ganito?

Salamat ng marami.

:)

padre,

you can try lucerne, washington (not sure tho if they service omega's) or manila watch (it's inside the old hyatt hotel in roxas blvd).

nice! that is also part of my wishlist (still deciding between the camo or the fatigue)

but it got bumped back after your posts of the samurai.

so the wishlist (partial) is now 1. junglemaster, 2. orange monster, 3. samurai, 4. citizen military

today I am wearing the seiko 5 flieger with a matching tie

Edited by dennis612

Have not bought any watch lately. My last acquisition was a Tag Link Chrono automatic which I'm wearing today. I alternate this with my Explorer 2 and speedmaster. I want to give my speedmaster to my wife so that I can get a new one. :)

I dropped my constellation chronometer and it's not working. Mahal sa Omega service center pero mukhang walang choice. :(

Pero maybe I'll try din yung sa Harrison. Thanks Bonito99

Hi Pareng 16track. Miss ka na ng grupo.

Edited by storm
nice! that is also part of my wishlist (still deciding between the camo or the fatigue)

but it got bumped back after your posts of the samurai.

so the wishlist (partial) is now 1. junglemaster, 2. orange monster, 3. samurai, 4. citizen military

today I am wearing the seiko 5 flieger with a matching tie

if i were you (JMHO) i'd have my wishlist like this... :D

1. OM

2. samurai (go for the titanium)

3. landshark aka junglemaster (by far, the best seiko 5...)

4. citizen military ( but hey, this watch is cheap that i didn't break a sweat buying it, unlike the OM)

:cool:

your move, dennis...

Hmmm…. That’s the thing with wishlists. They are constantly evolving with changes in the order and some items can also be added or removed. Nothing is final. But I have been jonesing for the landshark for months now so it remains first on the list. If funds will allow I might, just might, get it together with the OM.

I’m feeling blue today – blue pants, shirt and tie. Wearing the Bucherer to match

post-59677-1154488087.jpg

Wearing this today after a long time in the drawer. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/batangueno/Trias031.jpg

its such a shame that this is just collecting dust in your drawer when it could be put to much better use if you just send it out to people who would appreciate it and take good care of it. like me for instance.... hehehe :P

xxxx

I dropped my constellation chronometer and it's not working. Mahal sa Omega service center pero mukhang walang choice. :(

Pero maybe I'll try din yung sa Harrison. Thanks Bonito99

Hi Pareng 16track. Miss ka na ng grupo.

Also try Timeline in Farmers Cubao. Ground floor. had my speedy, sea and constellation serviced there before. ;)