• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

In 2023, I expect us to go to the second round of the FIBA-Worlds since we have the home-court advantage. Playing at home gives the players an extra push. China didn't even advance past the first round this year. Kai Sotto, AJ Edu, Isaac Go, Kobe Paras, Ricci Rivero and Thirdy Ravena will be ready when Gilas calls.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/sbp-planning-to-hire-a-european-coach-for-gilas-pilipinas-a795-20190917?ref=home_hybrid_2

anak ng #@*!? nagpapakahirap pa ang SBP... lumayo pa kayo nasa katipunan lang ang hinahanap niyong coach. hoy gising!!!

I absolutely agree.

Tab Baldwin has ALL the advantages to other European coaches (including those who were in the just concluded FIBA in China), he knows too well the Philippine basketball players - PBA, MPBL, PBA D-league, UAAP, NCAA.

And most importantly the ills and shortcomings of the present basketball program of Gilas.

• Like (+1) 1

I absolutely agree.

Tab Baldwin has ALL the advantages to other European coaches (including those who were in the just concluded FIBA in China), he knows too well the Philippine basketball players - PBA, MPBL, PBA D-league, UAAP, NCAA.

And most importantly the ills and shortcomings of the present basketball program of Gilas.

very well said chief. coach tab's greatest advantage over an aspiring european coach is his familiarity with the players and how they play. he knows who to choose to form the team. a european coach will still have to familiarize himself with the gilas players and how they play. and given that SBP itself admitted that we are running out of time in choosing a coach, certainly the clock is not on the side of SBP and gilas.

very well said chief. coach tab's greatest advantage over an aspiring european coach is his familiarity with the players and how they play. he knows who to choose to form the team. a european coach will still have to familiarize himself with the gilas players and how they play. and given that SBP itself admitted that we are running out of time in choosing a coach, certainly the clock is not on the side of SBP and gilas.

Again, I absolutely agree.

Tab is the MAN.

Twas a reality check in the recently-concluded FIBA World... Preparation and coherence/chemistry are the keys to success.

In basketball, every team wants to make the extra pass. Every team wants to play defense as a unit. Every team wants to create open looks for easy baskets. Those things aren’t exclusive to European or African or American or Asian or Oceania teams. Basketball is teamwork whether it’s Euro ball or US ball or whatever. Teams resort to excessive dribbling, isolations and hero ball because they lack preparation. That’s the bottom line. Some teams like the Philippines will need more preparation time than others because players are used to just going up against each other in the PBA with little exposure to the advances of international basketball. It’s a reality that even the US, with no star players, must face if it hopes to return to the podium in the World Cup.

Twas a reality check in the recently-concluded FIBA World... Preparation and coherence/chemistry are the keys to success.

In basketball, every team wants to make the extra pass. Every team wants to play defense as a unit. Every team wants to create open looks for easy baskets. Those things arent exclusive to European or African or American or Asian or Oceania teams. Basketball is teamwork whether its Euro ball or US ball or whatever. Teams resort to excessive dribbling, isolations and hero ball because they lack preparation. Thats the bottom line. Some teams like the Philippines will need more preparation time than others because players are used to just going up against each other in the PBA with little exposure to the advances of international basketball. Its a reality that even the US, with no star players, must face if it hopes to return to the podium in the World Cup.

i fully agree. if there is a tournament in dribbling, pinoys should be one of the favorites.

anak ng #@*!? nagpapakahirap pa ang SBP... lumayo pa kayo nasa katipunan lang ang hinahanap niyong coach. hoy gising!!!

Tab Baldwin is the consensus choice for coach so I don't know why the SBP is looking for a European coach but if David Blatt somehow agrees to coach Gilas, I wouldn't mind. At least he won't have to deal with a diva like Lechoke James.

https://www.philstar.com/sports/2019/09/18/1952915/how-about-david-blatt-gilas-coach

Tab Baldwin is the consensus choice for coach so I don't know why the SBP is looking for a European coach but if David Blatt somehow agrees to coach Gilas, I wouldn't mind. At least he won't have to deal with a diva like Lechoke James.

https://www.philstar.com/sports/2019/09/18/1952915/how-about-david-blatt-gilas-coach

:D :D :D nice one chief. how about that serbian coach who just resigned? pwede kaya?

Chief, if Djordjevic did not criticize our team and said that it lacks quality, I would have been fine with him. But then again, in my opinion, Toroman or Tab is better than him.

definitely chief...coach tab or coach rajko are far better than the serbian coach. the serb just has the luxury of having an nba-filled lineup. i'm just befuddled on why the sbp brainiacs are having a hard time choosing when the best coach to handle the gilas program, at least as of this writing, is just a few kilometers away. bulag ba itong mga nasa SBP. these guys should be reading this thread :D :D :D

definitely chief...coach tab or coach rajko are far better than the serbian coach. the serb just has the luxury of having an nba-filled lineup. i'm just befuddled on why the sbp brainiacs are having a hard time choosing when the best coach to handle the gilas program, at least as of this writing, is just a few kilometers away. bulag ba itong mga nasa SBP. these guys should be reading this thread

Honestly, chief, I don't know why Tab is still not the coach when the writing is on the wall. Tab should be the Gilas coach for life.