Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

good game ateneo-philippines and a nice fight back from 26 points down. kinapos lang. canada, the defending champs of the william jones cup and composed of professionals, getting a big scare from the uaap champs. fly high boys!!! ONE BIG FIGHT PARA SA BAYAN! good job coach tab!

good game ateneo-philippines and a nice fight back from 26 points down. kinapos lang. canada, the defending champs of the william jones cup and composed of professionals, getting a big scare from the uaap champs. fly high boys!!! ONE BIG FIGHT PARA SA BAYAN! good job coach tab!

Buti pa si Tab at yung ADMU, 17 lang yung margin against Korea. Si Chot at yung Gilas, more than 20 points yata ang margin against Korea and Chot was coaching the best players we have to offer.

Edited by will robie

as i've written before, it was a long term blueprint which coach tab laid down for gilas...until mr. "puso" reyes came into the picture. gilas would've reaped the fruit of this program by now. can somebody tell me how this happened? para naman may magagawa yung mga pagsuntok-suntok niya sa dibdib tsk tsk tsk

I totally agree... nagbubunga na sana ang sistema at disiplina na itinuturo ni Coach Tab

• Like (+1) 1

Buti pa si Tab at yung ADMU, 17 lang yung margin against Korea. Si Chot at yung Gilas, more than 20 points yata ang margin against Korea and Chot was coaching the best players we have to offer.

if i'm not mistaken it was a 30 point blow-out chief. no adjustments made by mr. puso during the game...and to think gilas was composed of professionals and with its naturalized player. Edited by junix
  • Like (+1) 1

if i'm not mistaken it was a 26 point margin chief. no adjustments made by mr. puso during the game...and to think gilas was composed of professionals and with its naturalized player.

Baka sa tingin niya that by shouting "puso!", mag tratransform sila sa NBA-level na players. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

Below is a list of the best national coaches I've seen in order of ranking:

1. Ron Jacobs-simply the best. 1985 FIBA, 1982 Asian Youth. He was a coaching wunderkind who knew what to do in certain situations and employed the best possible counter to an opponent's playbook.

2. Sonny Jaworski- two weeks of preparation and a silver medal in the 1990 Asiad. I don't know if any coach can pull that trick.

3. Tab Baldwin- he was the guiding light in the 2015 FIBA-Asia silver medal finish with a relatively inferior team which makes you think what he could have done with a much better team.

4. Joe Lipa- this guy took us to the bronze medal in the 1986 Asian Games using an all-amateur team and a 4th place finish in the 1987 FIBA-Asia using also an all-amateur line-up. One of the best coaches I have seen.

5. Tim Cone- he tried to bring the Centennial team to the gold but he only got a bronze but I blame it on preparation. China only beat us by 9 points in the 1998 Asiad. If Tim became the full time coach, we will perennially be top 3 in the FIBA-Asia.

6. Rajko Toroman- he didn't have the PBA players but I think he takes us to the gold in the 2011 FIBA-Asia if he had what Chot has.

7. Yeng Guiao-if he had better preparation, I believe he takes us to the medal round in the 2009 FIBA-Asia.

8. Jong Uichico- he would have won a silver in the 2002 Busan Asiad but Olsen happened.

9. Chot Reyes- as much as I don't wanna put this guy here, I should give him credit where credit is due. He guided us to the 2013 FIBA-Asia silver although I believe the other 8 coaches I mentioned would have taken us to the gold in the same tournament with the same preparation and same players.

Edited by will robie

Nakasira sa position ni coach tab during his stint in gilas was during 2016 fiba olympic qualifier. Replaced tenorio and abueva with reyes and parks jr. At pag bangko niya kay japeth during that tournament. Masyado nagpadala sa bugso ng damdamin ang mga pinoy sa galit kaya ayun chot returns. Tab Baldwin deserves another shot at gilas.

Nakasira sa position ni coach tab during his stint in gilas was during 2016 fiba olympic qualifier. Replaced tenorio and abueva with reyes and parks jr. At pag bangko niya kay japeth during that tournament. Masyado nagpadala sa bugso ng damdamin ang mga pinoy sa galit kaya ayun chot returns. Tab Baldwin deserves another shot at gilas.

Is this the reason why Tab was canned? If the SBP is concerned about how Pinoys would react rather than win, then we deserve this mediocre coach who won't take us anywhere.

• Like (+1) 2

Si Chot nalang ok na yan..ganun din eh.. Kung sino mqn ilagay na coach eh ibabash at ibabash pa rin ng iba...

Pero pinakamalupit talagang naging coach eh si Jawo.. Silver Medal ba naman wala pang isang buwan ang training.

aside from isang buwan..............hindi parating complete kapag may practice. May sinabi pa nga si Jawo na kung puwede three on three na lang ang labanan.

• Like (+1) 1

chalk up another win for the uaap champs against japan's team "B" this time. coach tab is showing that despite having a team composed of collegiate students, it can be competitive given the discipline and the system instilled. chot "puso" reyes tingnan mo ang sistema ni coach tab. hindi man niya hinahampas ang dibdib niya, nananalo naman kahit ganyan lang ang lineup niya. disiplina, sistema at utak...yan ang kailangan mo.

• Like (+1) 3

parang ganun yung ngyari kasi may mga pros na nagreact. I remember na nag comment is si willie miller

Mas pinapaliban dapat ng SBP ang winning at hindi yung reaction ng mga player. Kung ayaw ng isang player maglaro para sa bayan, madami naman papalit na willing sa kanya.

Edited by will robie
  • Like (+1) 1

Mas pinapaliban dapat nng SBP ang winning at hindi yung reaction ng mga player. Kung ayaw ng isang player maglaro para sa bayan, madami naman papalit na willing sa kanya.

dedication, commitment, system and brains. these are what's needed...from the players to the coach.

• Like (+1) 1

bigat nung fine na 13M PHP tapos 1 home game na closed door.

Kamot ng maige si Manay MVP nito, multa na ng malaki wala pa kikitain sa susunod na game ng gilas sa pinas.

Im surprised walang na ban sa mga involved (im looking at you coach Jong)

Nonetheless, time to move on and prepare for the next window. So wala si Jong at Chot sa next game ng Gilas, sino ang coach, si JOSH REYES? anak ng tokwa patay tayo dyan!