Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Tough luck for our Gilas...bad start and well scouted tayo ng Greeks. They protected our 3-point zone kaya daming tapal sa 3 point attempts. Nonetheless, Junmar and Ping played well. LA gave a cheap shot to a Greek defender on his groin (talking about Ginebra pedigree, hehe!). Ganda rin laro niya. Bad start lang talaga...Dapat nga ipahinga muna or use Blatche sparingly (bugbog na reminiscent of Kuya Marcus' time) for the better chance games against Puerto Rico and Senegal

Croatia beat Argentina by 5. We only lost by 3. Mas nahirapan pa ng konti ang Croatia sa atin. laugh.gif

I do not want to dwell on this and we may fall to a 'trap', kasi Croatia exhibited better teamwork against Argentina and they're on a rebound following what they labeled as 'not-so-good' performance against our Gilas.

Sometimes, a team performs better with a rated opponent. Tsaka maaaring Croatia underestimated Gilas or was it surprised by same. Remember in the qualifying FIBA Asia, we performed 'poorly' against Saudi and Hongkong but clobbered rated opponents. Minsan kasi may complacency and blanket security.

Nonetheless, we'll be glad if the scores above are indeed indicator...but obviously, we have a chance (not like what we think before we went here in Sevilla)

Edited by artedpro
1409553811[/url]' post='9396639']

I do not want to dwell on this and we may fall to a 'trap', kasi Croatia exhibited better teamwork against Argentina and they're on a rebound following what they labeled as 'not-so-good' performance against our Gilas.

Sometimes, a team performs better with a rated opponent. Tsaka maaaring Croatia underestimated Gilas or was it surprised by same. Remember in the qualifying FIBA Asia, we performed 'poorly' against Saudi and Hongkong but clobbered rated opponents. Minsan kasi may complacency and blanket security.

Nonetheless, we'll be glad if the scores above are indeed indicator...but obviously, we have a chance (not like what we think before we went here in Sevilla)

I believe its more of us surprising them...the " unknown factor" just like what happened with our tune up game with france...we were so impressed with our Gilas boys..but the rest of the teams especially ukraine brought us back to reality...we were well scouted after our france game...and now its happening again ...after our great game with croatia...i think the other teams will now be taking us seriously...would be great tho if wed be able to surprise two more teams hehehe...

Junmar is beginning to show his skills...if he would bring everthing he learned from fiba world to the pba....he would be unstoppable....now....all we need is japhet to wake up...

Btw paul lee has been a non factor so far...guess he is on everyones scouting list now...

I think its more about managing the games. Everybody is playing back to back to back... games. Even in the NBA they already "complain" when playing back to back games. How much more this one. So all teams are managing games.

But as I stated before the games began, Gilas is capable of surprising some teams. Gilas surprised Croatio (but unfortunately lost), Greece was more prepared and yet they still hung in the game. So now it's now time for Coach Chot Reyes to decide on how to manage the games. Players cannot go full throttle on 5 straight games. Eventually they might loose to the teams where they really have a chance of winning.

Gilas Pilipinas can still pull an upset on Argentina, however, I think some other players (that have been sparingly used) need to explode. Hoping that Gary David will explode, remember I said before he may be a non-factor for majority of the games but is capable of one big game. Since Chan is already a marked man, maybe Gary D. could be the one to bury those three point shots.

Norwood may also explode (like in the tune-up games), but he usually has his hands full in Defense that I wouldn't expect this from him.

Fajardo has shown too that he can match up against the "bigs" of other countries.

Again, everything we see here is positive so far even though Gilas Pilipinas have not yet won a game. After this World championships, they would definitely have a learnt a lot to win it all in the Asian Games in Korea.

1409591787[/url]' post='9397486']

This loss is a bitter pill to swallow. Nocioni got under Blatche's skin. We had this. I blame this on Blatche.

When we made the run and went up ahead by 10 pts during the 1st quarter....it was all filipino with junmar in the middle..without blanche...sana pinahinga pa kaunti ni chot si blanche....Tapos yun last 2 mins ng 4th quarter ...halatang nde na makatalon si pingris..sana pinasok nlang si junmar...nakailang offensive rebound mga argentinians....

Sana wag paghinaan ng loob ang gilas....LABAN PARIN! PUSO!

1409592195[/url]' post='9397490']

it is what it is was done is done.. lets reset our minds.. lets try to get every positive. I dont want to say what they need to do or over analyze cause I'm ready to move on.. Damn so close yet so far..

Buti ka pa....im still thinking of all the what ifs in that last 24 seconds....sayang castro.....

Kakaiyak naman pag ganitong mga talo natin....so close.....

Indeed it is saddening but think of it this way...at least we know we can compete at the elite level and given that this is our first time to qualify in the world cup after 36 long years with barely 2 months (?) of preparation, our performance is nothing to be ashamed of. Laban Pilipinas!!!

This hurts because we know we had Argentina by the ropes. Blatche let Nocioni get to him. It should have been Jimmy dribbling the last play. I have no idea why it was in the hands of Castro. Jimmy was f#&king on fire but the ball was in Castro's hands!

true...jimmy would've been the better choice to have the ball.

1409592565[/url]' post='9397498']

This hurts because we know we had Argentina by the ropes. Blatche let Nocioni get to him. It should have been Jimmy dribbling the last play. I have no idea why it was in the hands of Castro. Jimmy was f#&king on fire but the ball was in Castro's hands!

Maybe castro was trying to make up for the last few seconds of the game vs croatia...wherein he could have just dribbled and drive for the win instead of passing to jeff chan...

We already know we can compete against the world after our first game against croatia....i just want our first win....its really really hard watching them wanting to win so badly and coming up short....

Norwood posterizes not only scola but another argentinian player as well....

don't worry my friend...we'll get that elusive 1st win against puerto rico. LABAN PILIPINAS!!! PUSO!!!

Why didn't Coach Chot re-entered JunMar and combined him with Andray? Ginawa na niya ito and okay naman, plus ang ganda ng nilaro ng mama...

Wow! Norwood just did an NBA performance (defense and offense)...the Mighty Mouse was awesome...Kaya pa with two straight wins

If we won't qualify for the next round, I'll be looking forward to Gilas kicking Iran and China's ass in the Asian Games.

I agree...This will be the silver lining, so to speak!