Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

1407922321[/url]' post='9372611']

That was in the 1990 Asian Games. Pinai is correct. I remember that clearly because that was the first time RP sent an all-pro squad in international competition. The national team had barely two weeks to practice and lost to China two times. The first by 60 points because Jaworski gauged the Chinese and by 14 points in the finale. I honestly think that if Jaworksi and his charges were given 6 months to practice, that team would have beaten Ma Jian, Shan Tao and China soundly. Our tallest was Realubit but Shan Tao isn't exactly Yao Ming. Their best player that time was Ma Jian who became an import of Hapee in the PBL.

Yes, Belga would have been a great addition since he could bang with guys like Dario Saric of Croatia and Luis Scola of Argentina. Chot must have his reasons.

Yes...and chito was instrumental against the giant of japan..not against chinas...it was chito who was guarding the japanese giant...and at the same time giving screen for caidic to shoot threes...allowing us to catch up and win over japan...paving the way for one of caidics legendary shooting games...this is the best game of the PH for me during the 1990 beijing asian games...

Just got to watch the replay of the Gilas game vs. the FIBA-World's No . 8 France. I dunno kung masama lang laro ng mga Pranses, but we just got the respect of the world basketball fans. Here are my observations: Jimmy has the poise to play numero 1, Paul is fearless, RDO's and Jeff' s threes are weapons we could capitalize, Andray is a great complement to the boys (tho sometimes trying to do it all), and Gary is a disappointment.

gary david has good size and speed for a shooting guard but doesn't seem to get his confidence going pagdating sa international scene...sana mga 10-15 years younger pa sya and mentored by the likes of coach toroman, could've been a solid player for Gilas... sayang sila Lutz and Lassiter...and I wish belga is as big as junmar, baka pwede na wala si blatche or si douthit..hehehe

1408186824[/url]' post='9377236']

Just got to watch the replay of the Gilas game vs. the FIBA-World's No . 8 France. I dunno kung masama lang laro ng mga Pranses, but we just got the respect of the world basketball fans. Here are my observations: Jimmy has the poise to play numero 1, Paul is fearless, RDO's and Jeff' s threes are weapons we could capitalize, Andray is a great complement to the boys (tho sometimes trying to do it all), and Gary is a disappointment.

Eversince the FIBA Asia games ...gary has been disappointing his fans...you can say all you want about his game VS the kazakhs...but good thing we have the homecourt advantage...or else david might never had that inspiring one game....still im expecting him to continue his slump till the FIBA worlds...coz i dont think chot is gonna replace him...however come Asian games i expect him to be replaced...hopefully...

And yeah...great game by the gilas team...lets just say "inexperience" on our part cost us the game....say what you will...but a team composed of a handful of NBA players...almost lost to us??? We should be happy :)

By the way...winning over argentina is kinda difficult...i think theres one team in our group..an african nation? thats more doable...morever..i read somewhere we only need one win to move to the 2nd round? Correct me if im wrong...but that would be a dream come true...we get to go up against team USA in the next round :)

And thats why alot wants gary david to give his slot to others.

Consistency is always a huge factor on any game, he doesnt have that. Atleast be better on defense if you're not good at offense.

Chot gave a go signal to Blatche to do what he does, wala lang talagang tulong sa locals pag nag drive si blatche

Edited by smyts

Dami nanood ng game ng gilas vs france im sure karamihan dun mga pinoy. Good thing about blatche is marunong magdala ng bola laking tulong kapag nagpress yung kalaban and mas active yung galaw nya palaging drive ng drive. Laking bagay talaga kapag pumapasok yung outside shootings ng gilas may laban talaga tayo kapag ganun mas malaki chance natin makapunta sa second round

Barring any injuries to our Gilas boys, am just excited to see our rematch with Iran, Korea, and China in the Asian Games. Definitely the addition of Andray and Paul Lee fortified our chances to finally get the gold. Our stint in the FIBA-World will improve our cohesion and confidence to go up against good tall guys. And sana the poor performers ay palitan na after the FIBA-World...

COACH CHOT ANNOUNCES HIS FINAL LINEUP FOR THE FIBA WORLD CUP

Jayson Castro, LA Tenorio, Jeff Chan, Gabe Norwood, Ranidel de Ocampo, Marc Pingris, Japeth Aguilar, Gary David, June Mar Fajardo and Jimmy Alapag.

Paul Lee replaces Larry Fonacier and Andray Blatche replaces Marcus Douthit.

Gary David makes the final lineup. Gilas will have 4 PGs for the FIBA WORLD CUP.

because you can only have 1 naturalized player in a FIBA tournament

Biggest eye opener for me during these tune up games...we always thought and remarked that since we're smaller...we compensate it with our speed and quickness...to my surprise...all those teams france australia and most especially ukraine...all of their players..even their bigs are all very quick and speedy....:(