Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

1407830593[/url]' post='9370843']

France is really a legitimate European power. It won the 2013 FIBA-Europe. However, Joakim Noah and Tony Parker won't be playing.

I think alot of the foreign NBA players wont be playing for their respective countries in this years FIBA world...i read somewhere they would rather play in the olympics instead..manu wont be playing for argentina too....pwedeng pwede tayo makaisa dito...malay natin hehehehe

It was a noble act by Jimmy to give up his slot but, personally, I would have liked Jimmy to be there because of his clutch shooting. This tournament in France will be the gauge on how Gilas will fare in Espana.

It was a noble act by Jimmy to give up his slot but, personally, I would have liked Jimmy to be there because of his clutch shooting. This tournament in France will be the gauge on how Gilas will fare in Espana.

Most of those basketball fans who commented on the net chorused that Gary David should have the guts to offer his slot instead due to his poor shooting percentage lately (to think that he was envisioned to be the designated scorer/shooter)

Most of those basketball fans who commented on the net chorused that Gary David should have the guts to offer his slot instead due to his poor shooting percentage lately (to think that he was envisioned to be the designated scorer/shooter)

because he is inconsistent, also against china he shot 2 consecutive 3's on crunch time and shots was way off. I'd rather have a defensive player for his slot.

Perhaps for Beau Belga. Belga is the current and faster version of Chito Loyzaga. Gilas needs him to bang down low.

I agree!

Chito was instrumental in guarding the taller Asian centers, in the Jaworski-coached silver medal stint in the ABC tournament (I don't remember the year that was...)

i agree. I'm not a Talk n' Text fan but sobrang laki ng respeto ko dito kay Jimmy. Ibang klaseng leadership ang naibibigay nya sa isang team lalo na nung last year FIBA Asia sino ba yung kumana ng tres sa dulo nung kalaban natin ang Korea?

Now that you mentioned it, I think puede yata tayo makaisa pero hindi naman yung mananalo tayo dito sa FIBA Worlds. Siguro isang chambang panalo sa Greece or Puerto Rico or Argentina. I mean I thought the ACB Selection would beat us handily since the Liga Endesa is one of the better leagues in Europe. Nashock ako nung nakita ko yung score kahit practice game lang.

The Spanish ACB Selection that was clobbered by the Gilas team certainly was not a squad that was assembled to make Gilas look good. However, their cohesion and chemistry is near nil...

http://www.philstar.com/sports/2014/08/14/1357443/no-whipping-boys-gilas

Nope, that was only for the ASIAN games. The final lineup for the FIBA world cup is yet to be announced by Coach Chot. So I think Alapag will be chosen in the lineup for Spain as his last hooray to represent our country to international competitions.

"It's actually something I talked to coach Chot about even before training started for the World Cup. I told him no matter what happens with the final lineup for Spain, I feel it's best that it will be my last international tournament," Alapag told Philstar.com shortly after Reyes' announcement.

Reyes has yet to name his final 12 for the World Cup where Alapag is expected to make the team as his farewell tour of duty for the national team.

If that is so, then the FIBA Worlds would have Alapag in for LA? Castro and Lee are a definite shoo in for the Worlds.

With regards to Gary D. He's a streak shooter on a bad streak. Belga for his defense might be a good choice. He can also shoot the three ball. I just fear that he would be too "small" for the Worlds even if his frame is good for banging. Gary D on the other hand can explode and can win us a game if he does (aka. game against Kazakhstan). Either way it will be a tough choice for Chot Reyes.

With regards to Andray, he is very good offensively and is an improvement over Marcus. He does over dribble at times, and the fact that he plays on the outside too often might be a bit of a concern. We need inside presence because we are short. But we cannot deny the fact that Andray has talent even from outside. The question would be how much leeway coach Chot will give him when in comes to "overdribling" and jacking up threes. Will he allow Andray to do coast to coast (rebound dribbling all the way to the other end?). In NBA games, Andray has proven to be capable of this (coast to coast) but has also back fired on him.

At any rate, I believe we have the capability to make some surprises in this FIBA World Cup. Surprises in a sense that we might be able to win some games that seem to a sure loss.

1407988683[/url]' post='9373648']

Jimmy deserves to be in the FIBA Worlds since he earned it.

I still think the original Gilas squad will play in the FIBA worlds...except for fonacier..with Lee replacing him...let them play their hearts out...against some of the best in the world...its their( and ours too) to see them go against the likes of deng, barrea scola and if we're lucky ...against team USA...and no ..belga cannot be compared with chito defending the so called giant of japan... The giants now are more mobile and skilled ..even tho belga can be used for banging...id still pick a taller player over him..

However...come Asian games ....theres no room for sentimental favorites...alapag giving up his spot is very noble indeed...david has to go...i agree his streak shooting will be able to win games for us...but id prefer a " consistent" streak shooter i.e lutz and lassiter...or jared dillinger too...my dream is for the philippines to win the Asian games basketball ...eversince the jaworski led PH team..ive been itching for some payback time...especially against haddadi and co....