Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The win against Indonesia was expected but this line-up won't cut it against Asia's best like Iran, China, Japan and South Korea. Japan has a legitimate NBA starter in Rui Hachimura. Anyway, Thirdy Ravena is, indeed, one of the future superstars in Philippine basketball. The Gilas brain trust should seriously consider recruiting Kai Sotto. Kai has improved by leaps and bounds since his ADMU days. With the injury to the Kraken and Gregzilla on a sabbatical, Gilas needs a big man to go against the giants of China and Iran. Based on the clips I saw of him in the States recently, I can say he is a possible NBA lottery pick. He can can score in a variety of ways including shooting from long range, posting up, a dependable finisher on the fast break with a Euro step. He is also an excellent rebounder and shot blocker. The Kai that I saw in ADMU is a far cry from the Kai that I saw in the recent clips.

Edited by lee sawyer
  • 2 months later...

Kaya nga sasabak na sa Gleague para mas mahasa at mas maging ready na ang physique nya eh.

Di ko din maintindihan ibang pinoy.. haha.

Pwede rin naman. But baka mainjured agad because of the physicality dun. He needs to bulk up and hone his skills pa. Kesa biglang sumabak at dun matuto parang mas mahirapan.

C - Kai Sotto, Poy Eram

PF - AJ Edu, Troy Rosario

SF - Kobe Paras, Roosevelt Adams

PG - Bobbie Ray Parks, Matthew Wright, Thirdy Ravena

SG - Jordan Clarkson (naturalized), Terence Romeo, Rhenz Abando

Reserves:

Big - Isaac Go

Small - CJ Perez

Edited by MRROUGHSEX
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Sad but true. There's a prevailing politics in Philippine basketball. Sobrang obvious naman.  SBP is headed by MVP who owns ballclubs in the PBA, handles or have been connected with teams in the collegiate ranks, appointed Chot as head of basketball ek ek and appointed also as head coach. But the best players, without a doubt, are playing for SMC franchise teams now (local and eligible to play For PH) like SMB, Ginebra, Magnolia, and all those alleged farm teams. The likes of Junemar, Japeth, Scottie, Paul Lee, Sanggalang, Abueva, etc are in my opinion more superior at this pt in time. So why aren't they playing, simple, politics. may bakod in between mvp and smc. but recent news suggest they'll help each other. better late than never ika nga. sana sa 2023 it happens na we bring the best team. 

Sana payagan si JC as local player. Naturalize one go to guy like Brownlee. then let Kai (hope he has tremendously improved) play. 

Then sana magkaroon ng 2 teams of 15 players each. ilaban sa ongoing PBA tournament gaya nun dati na may Hapee and Selecta RP team selection bago pinapadala un mapipili. 

Lastly, we need a coach who is calm under pressure. Tab is the best choice or probably Tim Cone right now. But if, wishful thinking, they get Spoe to coach better because aside from being in the NBA, he is a Filipino. 

actually tama na dpt may unity even sa basketball dahil dun tyo mas malakas.👍