• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Simula't sapol ng Gilas Program ang naririnig na nating complain is yung lack of time for preparation and training with the exemption of the Gilas 1 lahat na kapos sa oras. IMO, if this is addressed properly a better result/placing is within grasp. Puede magbayad ng pinaka magaling na Coach sa US o EU to coach Gilas, kumuha ng magaling na Naturalized player para sa Gilas and the best PBA players to be released by their mother ball club to Gilas; pero hinde naman makakapag practice ng matagal, wala din mangyayari.

Preparation is the KEY from the 'right' coach - Blatt/Baldwin or both (why NOT?)

Then, we are REALLY serious about Philippine basketball and competing in the next 5 years and the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Sana they will develop the basketball formula of danding cojuangco... kumuha ng top players sa collegiate ranks form a team... have them play together under a good coach...

Add them to the pba and pay them like pba players

The pay them like pba players has to be the determining factor. They tried this with gilas 1. They teied it with cadets. Pero if there is more money to be made, the players will transition

My take is that the PBA transition fully to fiba play. Get rid of the NBA mentality. Then have Euro guest teams every conference. That way players adjust to the height and length and speed of Euro players.

Our players are skilled It's just that the Gilas that went to the Worlds was formed abruptly. You can wish all you want but we won't win a bronze in the next decade, let alone a gold in the Worlds. I am more concerned of winning the gold in the FIBA-Asia. So what exactly is the huge difference between the past and the present?

Banned?

No difference because the past and present are both losers. Not only in sports, but all 🤣

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The win against Indonesia was expected but this line-up won't cut it against Asia's best like Iran, China, Japan and South Korea. Japan has a legitimate NBA starter in Rui Hachimura. Anyway, Thirdy Ravena is, indeed, one of the future superstars in Philippine basketball. The Gilas brain trust should seriously consider recruiting Kai Sotto. Kai has improved by leaps and bounds since his ADMU days. With the injury to the Kraken and Gregzilla on a sabbatical, Gilas needs a big man to go against the giants of China and Iran. Based on the clips I saw of him in the States recently, I can say he is a possible NBA lottery pick. He can can score in a variety of ways including shooting from long range, posting up, a dependable finisher on the fast break with a Euro step. He is also an excellent rebounder and shot blocker. The Kai that I saw in ADMU is a far cry from the Kai that I saw in the recent clips.

Edited by lee sawyer
  • 2 months later...