Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

I agree on his flawed defense, however CYG should instruct to guard Marco B and shadow him all the way...hinde oobra yung half cook defense malupit shooting ni Belinelli;baka kainin tayo ng buhay pag nilagnat siya.

Yes, Yeng probably knows about this already. The thing is if Gilas attacks Belinelli's defense, Belinelli's offensive game may stagnate due to the energy he spends on defense.

I am ashamed at how Gilas played. No focus and no effort. It seemed as if they came to China on a junket instead of bringing honor to flag and country. Their passes were f#&king lazy and easily anticipated by the Italians. Yeng kept Barroca in the gane when it was apparent Dan Hackett was having his way with him.

Edited by will robie

I am ashamed at how Gilas played. No focus and no effort. It seemed as if they came to China on a junket instead of bringing honor to flag and country. Their passes were f#&king lazy and easily anticipated by the Italians. Yeng kept Barroca in the gane when it was apparent Dan Hackett was having his way with him.

just to add chief, andray to me was a disappointment. totally different from his 2 previous games in the qualifiers. sloppy and timid. yes i agree...no focus nor effort. i don't know the number of rebounds the italians had but i'm pretty sure it was glaring. gilas should've been the quicker team but said quickness was nowhere tonight. the italians were quicker to the looseballs. just confused...yeng called timeout when the italians were leading by 18-20? why did he not call it earlier? cj perez was a revelation, though.

Sobrang ganda panoorin ng basketball ng italy, I mean ganun ba kadali yung basketball sa kanila? Or sadyang mas may chemistry lang talaga sila?

Kung ganun din siguro ka swabe yung pasahan at sistema nang laro ng pilipinas siguro hindi na gaanong magiging issue yung "height".

I am hoping after this FWC baguhin na ng PBA yung format ng season nila, para naman mas may time sila makapagprepare at di bugbog mga player. Parang napilitan lang kasi sila sumabak dun.

#labanpilipinas

Sobrang ganda panoorin ng basketball ng italy, I mean ganun ba kadali yung basketball sa kanila? Or sadyang mas may chemistry lang talaga sila?

Kung ganun din siguro ka swabe yung pasahan at sistema nang laro ng pilipinas siguro hindi na gaanong magiging issue yung "height".

I am hoping after this FWC baguhin na ng PBA yung format ng season nila, para naman mas may time sila makapagprepare at di bugbog mga player. Parang napilitan lang kasi sila sumabak dun.

#labanpilipinas

exactly chief. scheduling ng pba ang dapat ayusin. di talaga uubra ang pili dito tapos training 2 months. i think pba should set its priorities when it comes to international tourneys specially fiba world. hindi na tayo natuto. hanggang sea games lang tayo naghahari. asia? napakahirap with china, korea, iran and now japan with its legit nba player. sana meron tayong clarkson na aasahan. yung fajardo, pogoy at del rosario barely had 2 weeks of training.

Its about time for SBP to have a serious Gilas program. First to do is to appoint a headcoach who is expert on international style of basketball. No PBA coach right now is better to be the Head coach than TAB Baldwin.. In my opinion Chot Reyes is still the best available true blood Filipino, he just need to control his emotion. But for a long term plan, we need Tab Baldwin.. The game last nyt againts Italy only showed the lack of Discipline from all the players including the coach who not even bothered to call a time out early to avert the situation. He can at least motivate the players to stay on the game plan and remind them that millions of filipinos are supporting them. Its not important whether we will lose or win the game but how we played the game.

Its about time for SBP to have a serious Gilas program. First to do is to appoint a headcoach who is expert on international style of basketball. No PBA coach right now is better to be the Head coach than TAB Baldwin.. In my opinion Chot Reyes is still the best available true blood Filipino, he just need to control his emotion. But for a long term plan, we need Tab Baldwin.. The game last nyt againts Italy only showed the lack of Discipline from all the players including the coach who not even bothered to call a time out early to avert the situation. He can at least motivate the players to stay on the game plan and remind them that millions of filipinos are supporting them. Its not important whether we will lose or win the game but how we played the game.

Agree with this. Why not appoint Tab Baldwin as head coach. He is being under-utilize coaching a college team.

I only watched the first half last night and noticed di ata tumawag ng time out ang Italy.

just to add chief, andray to me was a disappointment. totally different from his 2 previous games in the qualifiers. sloppy and timid. yes i agree...no focus nor effort. i don't know the number of rebounds the italians had but i'm pretty sure it was glaring. gilas should've been the quicker team but said quickness was nowhere tonight. the italians were quicker to the looseballs. just confused...yeng called timeout when the italians were leading by 18-20? why did he not call it earlier? cj perez was a revelation, though.

Yes, chief, Blatche was a disappointment. The team was infected with a lack of focus and lack of effort. What's also appalling is Yeng Guiao's refusal to call a timeout when Gilas was getting routed in the early going. Yeng's style of not calling a timeout when his team is getting bamboozled in the PBA won't work in the FIBA. Yeng was fine in the FIBA qualifiers but he just does not have what it takes to coach against European teams. If the SBP still thinks Yeng or Chot is it after the FIBA-Worlds, then I'd say the brain trust of the SBP should be overhauled. In fairness to Chot, I don't recall Chot's Gilas teams getting walloped by this much. In the 2014 FIBA-Worlds, the biggest deficit in Gilas' four losses was 12 points against the much superior Hellas. We lost to Croatia by 3 points in overtime, by 4 against Puerto Rico and by 5 against Argentina. This loss was due to the lack of focus, effort and urgency. Bring back Tab!

Edited by will robie

Yes, chief, Blatche was a disappointment. The team was infected with a lack of focus and lack of effort. What's also appalling is Yeng Guiao's refusal to call a timeout when Gilas was getting routed in the early going. Yeng's style of not calling a timeout when his team is getting bamboozled in the PBA won't work in the FIBA. Yeng was fine in the FIBA qualifiers but he just does not have what it takes to coach against European teams. If the SBP still thinks Yeng or Chot is it after the FIBA-Worlds, then I'd say the brain trust of the SBP should be overhauled. In fairness to Chot, I don't recall Chot's Gilas teams getting walloped by this much. In the 2014 FIBA-Worlds, the biggest deficit in Gilas' four losses was 12 points against the much superior Hellas. We lost to Croatia by 3 points in overtime, by 4 against Puerto Rico and by 5 against Argentina. This loss was due to the lack of focus, effort and urgency. Bring back Tab!

just like what Pnat8r stated, it is imperative that a true gilas program be formed. let's start with the cadets headed by kai and backstopped by the pba young guns like cj perez, bolick. of course this team should be coached by one who really knows international basketball. not because he is from the katipunan area, but i'd say coach tab is still the most qualified to date. like i've been saying before, the likes of coach tab is not meant for uaap basketball. i'm sure the community will not mind for the sake of flag and country. let's stop picking pba players then training them for 2 months. di uubra yan. i just envy how the italians played last night... crisp and pinpoint passing, accurate shooting. 3 point shooting was just like shooting FTs. and notice how they go for the 50-50 balls. that's how disciplined they are.

Edited by junix

just like what Pnat8r stated, it is imperative that a true gilas program be formed. let's start with the cadets headed by kai and backstopped by the pba young guns like cj perez, bolick. of course this team should be coached by one who really knows international basketball. not because he is from the katipunan area, but i'd say coach tab is still the most qualified to date. like i've been saying before, the likes of coach tab is not meant for uaap basketball. i'm sure the community will not mind for the sake of flag and country. let's stop picking pba players then training them for 2 months. di uubra yan. i just envy how the italians played last night... crisp and pinpoint passing, accurate shooting. 3 point shooting was just like shooting FTs. and notice how they go for the 50-50 balls. that's how disciplined they are.

We can model our national team after Espana's, chief. The Spaniards developed their young guns in the early part of the century and became successful. The Gasols, Rudy Fernandez, Juan Carlos Navarro, Jose Calderon, Jorge Garbajosa, etc. were young pups when Spain decided to develop them and stayed with these guys for the long haul and it got them a gold in the World Cup in 2006 and two silvers in the Olympics. Kobe, Ricci, Kai and AJ should be our cornerstones in the next iterations of the national team.

If you envied the Italians, you should see how the Serbs play. Joker was like a bigger Magic Johnson, albeit, slower. They also have size and outside shooting. Radulica is not just a post threat but a threat on the fast break. Their passing and shooting is on another level. Rajko Toroman should have been our long-term coach. May umepal kasi na gusto magcoach kaya ganun. I guess you know who I am talking about.

i probably would be drooling watching the serbs led by the joker.

We can model our national team after Espana's, chief. The Spaniards developed their young guns in the early part of the century and became successful. The Gasols, Rudy Fernandez, Juan Carlos Navarro, Jose Calderon, Jorge Garbajosa, etc. were young pups when Spain decided to develop them and stayed with these guys for the long haul and it got them a gold in the World Cup in 2006 and two silvers in the Olympics. Kobe, Ricci, Kai and AJ should be our cornerstones in the next iterations of the national team.

If you envied the Italians, you should see how the Serbs play. Joker was like a bigger Magic Johnson, albeit, slower. They also have size and outside shooting. Radulica is not just a post threat but a threat on the fast break. Their passing and shooting is on another level. Rajko Toroman should have been our long-term coach. May umepal kasi na gusto magcoach kaya ganun. I guess you know who I am talking about.

si mr. puso hahahaha sakit siguro ng dibdib nitong taong ito.

i probably would be drooling watching the serbs led by the joker.

si mr. puso hahahaha sakit siguro ng dibdib nitong taong ito.

Toroman or Tab would have been fine. Toroman is a Serb and who better to develop a team than a coach who comes from a country with one of the best basketball programs in Europe.

Edited by will robie

Toroman or Tab would have been fine. Toroman is a Serb and who better to develop a team than a coach who comes from a country with one of the best basketball programs in Europe.

sayang nga si rajko. isn't he now the coach of indonesia? i will not be surprised if one day the indons will no longer be pushovers in southeast asia.

I don't know, chief, but if Toroman is the coach, expect a dogfight from Indonesia in the SEA Games.

tama chief. toroman is the new coach of the indonesian national basketball team. sayang ito. indons might give gilas a run for its money. mukhang mapapalaban tayo dito. it may not be a walk in the park anymore specially if the philippines will not field in its best players.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.inquirer.net/354588/ex-gilas-coach-rajko-toroman-to-call-shots-for-indonesias-in-sea-games/amp

Since lahat na ng negative nasabi at na ishare na dito...let me add on the bright side. Let us not forget that sa 2023 we will be co -hosting the FIBAWC..so pasok na tayo. As far as I know yung pool na binuo ng SBP include Kai Sotto,Edu,and the likes of Bolick and Perez. Developed and handled by no other than Tab Baldwin. So most of our wish list is in the works...I for one is hoping SBP continues to support this direction towards fieldin a young, tall,athletic line up.

Tignan natin yung bright side kahapon si CJ Perez at si Bolick nakapag contribute kahit papaano,si Perez nga pantay lang ni Blatche sa scoring and with better attempt and execution in comparison kay Blatche.

Sa taong 2023 if SBP will put premium on the 23 for 2023 program ng Gilas,then by all means we have a good chance of forming a cohesive unit.

I will not dwell on how we missed the 3 points shots kasi kita naman natin kahapon we did not create good spacing for our shooters. Pinatay din ng Italy yung passing lanes natin...Blatche did not post up and the result is very prostrating for our shooters.

Also, isa pang dapat natin alisin is yung sobrang forecast at media mileage as it can give falls hope..tama na siguro yung ''we will try to win games and if not we will try to learn from those losses'' yung mag ganung statement na lang sana...kaysa doon sa mga over rated na sasabihin sa media and after that sabay sabay tayo nga-nga.